Cops Ready to Rumble in the Jungle

1/24/2009 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lipstick Jungle "Lipstick Jungle" was just plain awful -- but that defense won't fly if the stage manager who allegedly picked at the show's carcass is prosecuted.

After the show was '86'd, designer Sylvia Toledano had her people go to the set to retrieve a Swarovski encrusted clutch purse she had loaned producers. The producers searched and concluded the purse had been lost.

Fast forward (just like viewers did) when some of Toledano's people saw a similar bag advertised on eBay.

Toledano and the producers became suspicious, and called the Brooklyn D.A. The D.A. had his people contact the seller, who allegedly said he was selling his merchandise so cheap "because they fell off the back of a truck," this according to the New York Post.

The seller: Stage Manager Arthur Moreira, who was arrested and charged with stealing 16 items valued at nearly $30 grand.

Kathy

I like the show and just for the record it has not been cancelled.

2037 days ago

gomyskins47

This show is AWESOME and I too thought it had been saved. Guess TMZ doesn't like shows about smart powerful women, what a shock!

2037 days ago

bobbyozone

i see very little prime time tv, so i only saw it a couple times. i thought it was better than average and far better than crap like american idol. i'm out in the sticks so those city women in high fashion looked great to me

2037 days ago

bobbyozone

the stuff is selling cheap cause it fell off a truck? i guess he's no rocket scientist.

2037 days ago

Jenn

Yes I also like the show, and last thing I heard they are starting back up again. But of course a show about smart, beautiful and educated women is not as interesting as finding out who is going to rehab.... if you work at TMZ

2037 days ago

lucy

Not really sure I'm ok with that!! better ask my friends met on ==== Agelessmate.com ==== know what? I do think people I met there are hot and sincere! Desipte the actual so-called Age Gap, we get along together splendidly!! and I'm even thinking about romance there!! lol

2037 days ago

ottmonika

I like the show and hoping that will come back soon.Better than Desperate housewives....I can go on and on.

2037 days ago

Mac

I liked the show too...

2037 days ago

dawnvat

LIPSTICK JUNGLE IS NOT AWFUL! FYI it ranks #3 in all playback shows. It just needs to be moved to a time and day when people are home.

2037 days ago

shelley

I agree - Lipstick Jungle is fabulous and I was very sad to hear they might be canceled and ecstatic to hear they are back on..(.but also confused on which one it is) The women on there had wonderful friendships and great storylines. Back off TMZ - the show is FAB!

2036 days ago

SERIOUSLY!!!

eBay fees would have killed his profit anyway .....

2036 days ago

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Awful? It was far from awful. It was good! I liked the show a lot. There are 12,000 detective shows on TV... finally something different, and they cancel it. I wish they would reconsider and bring it back.

2036 days ago

Donna-Marie

As usual, TMZ doesn't get it's story strait. Lipstick Jungle has NOT been cancelled. They are looking to bring it back as a possible mid-season replacement. Get with it TMZ, people are going to think your just a little gossip rag,

2036 days ago

ginge

Lipstick Jungle is a great show! I hope it really is coming back!

2036 days ago

smartypants

tmz, stick to what you know about: dishing cheap trashy gossip. we like you for that. avoid assessing what is quality tv or film, that takes actual brains.

2036 days ago