They Don't Call it SAG for Nothin'.....

1/26/2009 3:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stars typically dress down for SAG awards -- and they didn't disappoint last night.

Launch Photos

Luke Warmwater

A snoozer. Typical union baloney. How's that strike coming along?

2004 days ago

BoBo

Who cares? These award shows are always used as a fashion show. Really, who cares what they wear?

2004 days ago

Kathy

Well as is customary with any of these things, there were some that looked a LOT better than others. I see Mickey Rourke wore the same "style" he had at the Globes though lol. INCLUDING his hand in his pants! Yuck. He even accepted his GG with that charming pose.

I thought for the most part everyone looked pretty nice but hey, what do I know? I like the "dressed down" look for the ladies - without all the bling and dresses that look like they are as miserable wearing as we are seeing them in. I think the SAG's are refreshing as far as the attire and the atmosphere. But again, what do I know? Personally I don't go ga-ga over ANY of them or their clothes or the award shows.

The only ones I watch are the Globes & SAGS actually and the Daytime Emmys. I still think the daytime stars are by far the best dressed AND best mannered crowd even if they don't get the respect the others do. They get it from me even if I am a nobody and probably from a lot of other people. Not only for their awards show but for having to learn dozens of pages of dialogue EVERY night rather than having weeks or months to shoot a show or movie.

As for last night, I liked the "dressed down" look. But then again, after my favorite, Hugh Laurie rec'd his award, I really didn't care lol. Congrats Hugh by the way!

2004 days ago

tlynn

The majority really should fire their stylists. These dresses are definitely ugly.

Mickey Rourke: Pedophile
Teri Hatcher: Skeletor
Lisa Rinna: Pig Snout face from too much motor oil injections & plastic surgery
Nicolette Sheridan: Ridiculous, her head is physically the biggest part of her body, & ugliest blue dress out there

They all pretty much look like clowns, all the make-up, plastic surgery, obsessed tanning (result: leathery, orange look) with cancerous skin results. It's absolutely hilarious.

2004 days ago

TG

I watched some of this and I thought a lot of the women were very dressed up. If wearing a long, sating gown with a train isnt, what is? cant imagine what the oscars are going to be like.

2004 days ago

Gin

about the SAG awards, during the remembrance part, was it my imagination, or did they leave out heath ledger's face & name?

2004 days ago

Debbie

Why does no one say out loud how ugly Angelina Jolie's dress was? People keep saying how "elegant" she looked....I am sorry, but she looked downright frumpy. She is so beautiful too. What a waste.

2002 days ago