« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hammer & McMahon Put Their Peddle to the Metal

1/30/2009 5:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Financially-challenged stars MC Hammer & Ed McMahon are finally making bank ... pimpin' for Cash4Gold.com during the Super Bowl.

Hammer and Ed

The cash-strapped duo will appear in a Super Bowl spot showing peeps how they can make ends meet by selling some of their mama's gold, silver and platinum bling for dollas.

U can't touch this, but you can sell it!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

gus

Just plain sad.

2091 days ago

DARKMAN

TMZ an`t so bad if you watch it on radio.

2091 days ago

deleta

I love Billy Mays products but Vince from Shamwow really needs to lower his eyebrow.

2091 days ago

Triple Play

How do you know that you aren't getting screwed by this company? I think that they are a scam.

2091 days ago

huh?

You'd have to be a total idiot to send your valuable jewelry to a company through the mail and expect them to pay you what you expect. I know times are tough, but c'mon, USE COMMON SENSE!!

2091 days ago

momofthree

Jacked Up is right. Not too long ago there was a TV magazine show that reported that this company ripping people off.

I could see Ed hawking the "snuggie" tho!!

I can't stand the oxyclean guy and Vince from Sham wow should be a"sham"ed of him self for now he's also hawking some sort of small kitchen chopper....two more whacks with your knife and the food is chopped so why dirty a tiny tool when you already have a knife in your hand?

2091 days ago

99centz

i LOVE YOU...ED...................

2090 days ago

Mom in Evans

Times are tough, and the toughness is hitting us all. However, these people are a complete sham. When you even speak the concept of the company aloud it boggles the mind that anyone would be stupid enough to send gold to anyone in the mail. Then you sit there and expect to get the proper amount of money that your gold is worth? Please! If you want my gold for nothing your going to have to get it the old fashioned way. Get a gun, and steal it from me. I'm not SENDING it to you in the mail!

2090 days ago

Suck My Bronze.

Ed,

You can't touch this!

2090 days ago

anthony

good for both of them.... after seing cash4gold, the only thing that comes into mind is SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!! CASH FOR GOLD PAYS THE LEAST AMOUNT FOR YOUR GOLD ITEMS. A NATION WIDE NEWS SHOW HAD JEWELRY APPRAISED BY EXPERT AND THEN SENT OFF TO VARIOUS PLACES FOR EVALUATION... CASH4GOLD CAME IN LAST PLACE...

IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR GOLD ITEMS, DONT SELL TO THE FIRST PLACE YOU GO TO.... GET MANY QUOTES FROM VARIOUS DEALERS... SHOPPING FOR THE REAL TRUE VALUE FOR YOUR GOLD IS BETTER THEN GETTING 17% OF WHAT CASH4GOLD WILL GIVE YOU AND OTHER BAD JEWELRY STORE OWNERS.

2090 days ago

teri

Cash4gold is a sham. How do you think they got the money to pay for the superbowl ad?! Yes, I would much rather see Ed in a Snuggie. MC Hammer can take the Slap Chop.

2090 days ago

2% MILK

READ THE REVIEWS ALL OVER THE NET. DOES NOT LOOK GOOD.

2090 days ago

2% MILK

DO THEY ACCEPT FOOLS GOLD

2090 days ago

smarie

IT'S NICE TO KNOW IF I GO TO THE SWAPMEET AND BUY MYSELF A GOLD CHAIN WITH A EAGLE PENDANT THERES A GOOD CHANCE IT COULD BE MC HAMMERS RECYCLED/MELTED DOWN GOLD RECORD..... OH BOY I NEED A DRINK

2089 days ago

Chuck

Yeah, however, if you check yesterday's FARK.COM story, you see that this Cash4Gold site is offering people 1/4 the value of the gold being sent to them. The website is going as far as to PAY bloggers NOT to talk about this on their websites.

2089 days ago