Miley Digs Herself a Hole All the Way to China

2/5/2009 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hanoi Montana doesn't seem to get why people think she's mocking Asians in this picture.

Miley Cyrus

During a half-ass non-apology she just posted on her website, Miley claims she was simply making "goofy faces" with her friends and "In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity." Ok, it's a plausible explanation ... BUT WHY ISN'T THE ASIAN DUDE MAKING THE FUNNY FACE?

Hanoi then deflects responsibility even more by joking that the only reason people are mad is because "... now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on!"

Her full statement can be read after the jump.

"Ive also been told there are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces! Well, Im sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!

In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity! I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing to me. If that would of been anyone else, it would of been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'BAD GIRL'!"

I feel like now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on! Lucky me! haha Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what is on my heart. You guys know me and have been by my side every step of the way!

You guys know my heart and know the most important things to me are my friends, family, fans, and GOD! In NO WAY do I want to disappoint any of you! But, when I have made mistakes in the past, I feel like Ive owned up to them and apologized.

Anyway, I really wish everyone would stop focusing on my personal life and get back to focusing on what I love! Music and Acting! Hopefully, I will be touring again this fall! Yayy! =] It will be a nice change to be back out on the road again!"

xoxo Blessings.. Miley =)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Rechelle

Miley cyrus's 15 minutes of fame are over!

1999 days ago

Mark

Then living in China I hated it then the locals, shouted out "Lao wai" from passing cars. Although a Chinese person would say that it means foreigner and is commonly used, then somewhat used in this way to call a person a "idiot", There is "wai guo ren" that means outsider but it is not commonly used then the locals are talking bad about foreigners.

It is the same for this photo. As for the photo you can tell its private nor was there any offensive intended because the ASIAN DUDE is sitting there, if he was insulted by it, there is no way he want to be on that photo.

1999 days ago

megan

Miley is a great role model for children and shouldnt be picked on because she has accomplished her dream! Come on now, a lot of actors, singers, etc. have made those faces even children and adults do so too! so dont be haterz just support Miley for everything that shes done for children across the world! I know I support her in fact im her #1 fan! Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine!

1973 days ago

Princess L

Everyone is OVERREACTING.
That's it. She made a mistake. She apologized. TWICE.
She's only human. Who cared is she's in the public eye? Everyone slips up.
And in either case, THE PICTURE WAS A JOKE.
The only person who has the right to be insulted is the Asian person in the picture. And I haven't heard of him being pissed off or angry. So everyone needs to get over it.
She's a kid. Toughen up people.
I'm always told that I shouldn't take what others say to heart. Then don't take this picture to heart.

And because you don't like her music or just don't like her, doesn't mean it's okay to insult her every chance you get. She doesn't sit at home plotting to insult people. So why should you?
Besides, SHE'S the one making A LOT of money every year. So you shouldn't bring her down to make yourself feel better.
It takes a lot of guts to get up on stage in front of millions of people and perform -which she does remarkably well.

1967 days ago

Ben

This is one of the dumbest non-news stories out there, a kid pulls a face, so what get over it. What this is about is greed and some lady too lazy to get a job trying to use an excuse to get the kids money. She should be ashamed but unfortunately in our "everyone is a victim" society some sleeze bucket law firm will probably take the case hoping for a settlement.

There are 7 kids in the photo but they only want to sue one, and "its not about the money" yeah right.

2017 days ago

Fred

This is pretty sad. And this represents our new generation? This is clearly taunting, racism and mockery because all of these individuals in this photo are squinting and slanting their eyes to try and resemble the Asian guy. I guess that we still have a long way to go.Racism against people of Asian descent seems to still be tolerated. I'm not quite sure why the asian guy was even willing to be included in this photo because in a way your condoning and approving this type of behavior as being acceptable. The worse thing is Miley Cyrus is on a disney channel which is watched by alot of young viewers and some of these kids probably look up to her as being a role model.

In regards to the following comment that was previously posted. I'd expect these type of responses from a typical White person.

226. Honestly, I think that this is ridiculous.
If the Asian guy in this photo isn't offended, no one should be.

I'm sure she wasn't intentionally mocking Asians, just -like she said- making faces with her friends.
It's probably a joke between them and the actual Asian guy in the photo.

Seriously, if they put sunblock on and it made their face a little whiter and then they took a photo of that, would white people be offended?
If they all had tattoos in black ink, or they wrote on themselves in black ink and took photos, would darker skinned people be offended?

I doubt it.

So lay off.

2016 days ago

mcpicken

I am in no way a Miley Cyrus "fan" but I have to wonder how many of you are condemning her for things you are doing every day. EVERYONE can be considered racist today if they just breathe. Did you see the movie Crash....did you pay attention at the end of the movie when the black woman is screaming at the Asian woman after the car crash? That was racism at it's worst. No care or concern for the welfare of the people in the crash, just blame the Asian because we all know they can't drive. What we have here is a horrific case of greed that an Asian group disguises as racism and our politicians (who mostly happen to be lawyers) allowing special interest groups to use these tactics to go after a kid. I will not let my child play with anyone of a different race because now I not only have to worry about sexual predators, but I have to worry if she picks her nose on the playground, will someone find that offensive. This entire country has reached a level of disgust that is mind-boggling. By the way, if the woman who filed this stupid lawsuit is reading this, go to your Bible (if you even believe in God) and read what it says about forgiveness and facing your offender.

2014 days ago

fernanda

redneck raciest bitch. burn with your wig yalll

2012 days ago

EMAVERICK13

IN RESPONSE TO THE QUESTON UNDER THE PIC WHY ISN"T THE ASIAN DUDE MAKING A FUNNY FACE THEN? >>> CUZ HE"S ALREADY GOT ONE.

2011 days ago

Gaggi

Are u serious? Grown people have nothing better to do, but look at a childs picture that her and friends took having fun! Is the asian person in the photo at all offended. The real question here is why are there grown men befriending and 15 year old girl? Didn't R. Kelly go through hell fr the smae thing? What about Micheal Jackson? Please grown people, go to work and let the kids have fun! Don't get so caught up in the celebrity that you forget that this is a child!!! Even though she has grown friends.

2010 days ago

Jessie

Ok I have known this young lady since she was born. She is the sweetest person you can ever meet. How ever if you were to really check out her family life you would she who the problem is. And that would be little miss Latisha! She claims to be a this great Mother. She had 5 kids with 3 differnt men. She treats everyone so bad. Its Tishes way or no way. Puts Billys land up for sale behind his back sells Billys moms house out from under her. Which now she is homeless living with Billys brother. Wont even let Billy talk to his mom on Christmas. He cant leave her she will not let him see the kids. She wont pay for anything wants everything for free or see ya! Oh the storys I could tell. Miley honey I just pray you take after your Dad or grandma Ruthy.

2007 days ago

Shelby

wing ching chong channa lamo kimitchiwahh. Hey, ya wunna sue me now? Plz da ppl thats suing Miley just want money for them selves. Did ya ever hear of the lady that spilt mcdonalds coffee on herself, then sued mcdonalds? or about the couple that had sex on railroad tracks then got ran over and sued the train station? Hey Miley, Ur Awesome n don't let the crybabies bring u down.

2006 days ago

memyselfandi

What a loser she is. She needs to get over herself. She has no talent and ruined her name by all her merchandise

2031 days ago

Mabelline

She sounds like a spoiled little brat. Her parents should warn her once you become a public figure watch your step! She does not seem to be all that mature at this point in her life. Give her a few years and I am sure she will overcome the obvious obstacles that come with being famous.

2031 days ago

artie help

why does she do this stupid questionable stuff in front of cameras,AND who are these friends that sell the pics.

2031 days ago