Miley Digs Herself a Hole All the Way to China

2/5/2009 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hanoi Montana doesn't seem to get why people think she's mocking Asians in this picture.

Miley Cyrus

During a half-ass non-apology she just posted on her website, Miley claims she was simply making "goofy faces" with her friends and "In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity." Ok, it's a plausible explanation ... BUT WHY ISN'T THE ASIAN DUDE MAKING THE FUNNY FACE?

Hanoi then deflects responsibility even more by joking that the only reason people are mad is because "... now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on!"

Her full statement can be read after the jump.

"Ive also been told there are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces! Well, Im sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!

In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity! I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing to me. If that would of been anyone else, it would of been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'BAD GIRL'!"

I feel like now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on! Lucky me! haha Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what is on my heart. You guys know me and have been by my side every step of the way!

You guys know my heart and know the most important things to me are my friends, family, fans, and GOD! In NO WAY do I want to disappoint any of you! But, when I have made mistakes in the past, I feel like Ive owned up to them and apologized.

Anyway, I really wish everyone would stop focusing on my personal life and get back to focusing on what I love! Music and Acting! Hopefully, I will be touring again this fall! Yayy! =] It will be a nice change to be back out on the road again!"

xoxo Blessings.. Miley =)

sick of political correctness

OOOPS, to spare everyone the time of writing comments like " learn how to spell, uneducated etc" all of which are not true... I meant their.....so bring your blood pressure back down people...

2089 days ago

CLN N SBR

Shes Mullet TRASH just like her MULLET DADDY (wo won't grow up)

2089 days ago

cindie

i love how everyone says that she's a child and that you shouldn't take what a child does seriously, but isn't she dating a grown man. what child is allowed to do that. you can't have your cake and eat it too. you can't say that your responsible for a serious relationship one minute and then hide behind '' i'm just a kid'' the next. the morales of this family have been highly questionable, is it really that hard to believe that she feels she can do anything and say anything that she wants and it will get fixed with ''i'm sorry''. some things sorry just doesn't fix. and racism is one of them.

2089 days ago

Megan

I'm not so much worried about the face she makes but the fact she looks to be hung over with people twice her age...she what 16? 17?... and those ppl are like in their 20's

2089 days ago

kelly

ok all those kids are doing it, innocent fun turned into racism

2089 days ago

Kermit

Tell me that little miss miley and her friends don't look either baked or drunk off their asses. Nice image for a 16/17? year old disney star.

2089 days ago

jabba

She is a kid for Pete's sake. She has no where to go from here but DOWN. What about Billy's other kids? There are some you know. Are they just 'there'? Must be terrible to see your sister get all the attention from your dad. Miley is 'supportin' the whole brood. Wait until she is out from under her Dad's thumb--she will make Britney look like Mother Teresa. Kentucky must be so proud....

2089 days ago

Roo

mmm.....looks like a pipe in her boi's hand...they were not mocking Asians...they were pie eyed because of the dank weed coming from that one-ie

2089 days ago

KellyGirl

Am I the only one that thinks this girl is not only unattractive and sarcastic, but lacking talent . . . riding on her "has been" dad's coat tails . . . .

2089 days ago

Mhenad

The people defending her behavior should think about how they would feel if a foreign celebrity wore a fat body suit with the American flag on it depicting Americans as fat people, for example... You're only not offended because it isn't offensive TO YOU. That doesn't make it any less offensive. She's a celebrity. Her actions affect little girls everywhere. She should be mindful of her actions. So should her parents. Does Billy Ray know his underage daughter is sitting in her Calvin Klein Underwear Model BF's lap taking pics with a friend holding a glass of wine? How can you defend her? Where are your morals?

2088 days ago

Mhenad

Just another rogue Disney agent. I say feed her to the lions the way you did Britney. It's only fair...

2088 days ago

Hippie Canyon

Yes we know what's in your heart sweetie. We can also see that your head is so far up your ass that we can barely see your red neck :>)

2088 days ago

Melissa

what a bunch of STIFFIES. I'm Asain, and this does NOT offend me. made me laugh actually. the Asian guy looks riiiped.

2088 days ago

stop the madness

Every one says "miley is soo grown up"Then when she dose somthing stupid "oh she just a kid"You can not have it two ways.She is over rated and spoiled.Young girls pleas stop defending her in multiple names

2088 days ago

NoWay

Looks like the other guy is making fun of Indians w. hand over mouth and feathers over his friends head. Anyone else see that?

2088 days ago