Miley Apologizes -- Take Two

2/10/2009 2:06 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After finally realizing that her first apology wasn't much of one, Miley Cyrus is actually saying she's "sorry" for taking part in this photo that mocks Asians.

Miley Cyrus

Miley took to her fan club website to give the second mea culpa. She wrote:

"I want to thank all of my fans for their support not only this week, but always! I really wanted to stress how sorry I am if the photo of me with my friends offended anyone. I have learned a valuable lesson from this and know that sometimes my actions can be unintentionally hurtful. I know everything is a part of GOD's ultimate plan, and mistakes happen so that eventually I will become the woman he aspires me to be. Peace and love, Miles"

happy me

We all make mistakes! An unintentional gesture appears to have caused an uproar. Miley did appologize, and who are we to say it was not sincere? May I make a suggestion? Read and correct your comments BEFORE you send them. I read the entire section on comments, and some of these people need to go back to school. THEIR SPELLING AND GRAMMER ARE TERRIBLE! Personally those comments lost their meanings/intentions once I had to figure out the point they were tryiing to make.!

2046 days ago

ida

Honestly, I do not see the problem for this photo. I thought maybe she took a "naked" photograpgh of herself and that is why there's such a big controversy. $4 billion law suit. C'mon I am sure she's rich but even I doubt she's got $4 billion dollars.
C'mon people get a life!! the girl was just having some fun. It's not like she was caught smoking pot or robbing a grocery store.
Besides, she was just goofing around with some friends.......

2046 days ago

Kristy

MILEY....STOP APOLOGIZING SWEETY...YOU HAVE NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR!!! YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. AND GIRLFRIEND,...YOU SHOULD HONESTLY STOP LETTING TMZ SO CLOSE TO YOU, STOP TALKING TO THEM, STOP GIVING THEM THE SCOOP ON YOUR LIFE. THEY'RE STABBING YOU IN THE BACK WITH THIS TRASH THEY CALL NEWS.
I AM NOT ONE OF YOUR FANS, MY CHILDREN ARE CRAZY ABOUT YOU BUT NOT ME...I DON'T EVEN LIKE YOUR DAD's MUSIC AND I DON'T LIKE HIM ON YOUR SHOW...BUT YOU DON'T DESERVE THIS AND THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN CHILDISH AND PETTY. I put that comment about your father and my not being a fan of yours SIMPLY because people would be saying, "that's not a true statement...that's coming from somebody who is a fan"...blah blah blah...BUT I'M NOT SO...SCREW ALL THOSE PEOPLE. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT.

2046 days ago

sueme!!!

i think this is so retarded one because everyone in some point do the whole eye thing i did it just fooling around making faces and what not with friends why dont they sue me!! because once again shes a celebrity and people want a quick dollar i mean if that asian guy in the picture doesn't mind then why should we !!!! yeah but dont sue me because i dont have poo!!! all you'd get is mud pennies! :D another thing just leave it alone and soon she will vanish from the celeb world!!! wah wah wah keep nagging i dont think she has to pay CRAP!!! there are 5 other retards doing the same thing why dont they apologize and pay the asians tooo!!!! then the asian guy in the picture should get sued by this own people for allowing whatever the asians are claming miley is doing!!!!

2046 days ago

jesse

I am not asian but tell me that the guy in the red shirt making the peace sign and buck teeth is not racist. Like other people said why isnt the asian guy making "goofy face".

2046 days ago

Randall

I did not think "Miles" could get more vomity, and yet she did.

2046 days ago

Crys

Does anyone else here realize that the asian guy is stretching his eyes to make himself look white. Why is noone offended by that. As a caucasion I would like to say I am offended, but Im not because I am not offended by who I am and the differences I have.

2046 days ago

to little

I bet she is sitting in dudes hard-on.. we should be more worried why she is obviously partying with mostly adults in the photo's.. where is her mom? She is 16 and shouldn't be hanging out with drinking aged adults partying.

2045 days ago

Jillian

jeez... she's a celebrity and sorry isn't good enough. if she is a girl of god, she wouldn't be doing this kinds of stuff. this is the sort of stuff she'd say after getting caught with drugs. come on!!! if she does things that are offensive, she can't be normal and be able to apoligize. she just brought our society to an all time low. racism sucks and she just made it ten times worse, since EVERYWHERE you go, there she is, on backpacks, binders and pencils. you can't get away from her. so why should we forgive her? i hope she's sued for every penny she is worth and her dad should talk some sense into her. or maybe it's the bit of the south that is coming out of her. i mean, truthfully, if you look at history, people from the south were the most racist. so hey, we need to put obama's statement on her forhead, change. come on. that's what he wants. so she is in the public eye, so she shouldn't be able to apoligize to all my friends, who are asian and expect forgiveness, because i wont' forgive her for that.

2045 days ago

Joanna

Anyone who thinks this lawsuit is serious is stupid. It's designed to make a point, to bring the incident more fully into the public's eye, nothing more. No one wants her f-ing money, all that's needed is a REAL apology and some remorse that she may have legitimately offended a large number of people.

2045 days ago

rai

I find Miley really annoying, and I'm sure most of the population does, too.
And I find it ridiculous that people still watch her every move. I mean, really. She doesn't have talent, she's ignorant, and just plain annoying. I only found out about this coz my baby cousins talk about it a lot.

And maybe all this skanky, 20-year-old-bf, drinking business is just a way to stay famous. Especially since there's really nothing else to her.

2044 days ago

sophie

one asian person consenting to be in this picture does not speak for the whole world. furthermore. she's a rolemodel. she is ENTIRELY in the wrong business if she wants to be

1. left alone
2. treated as just another personon the street

because when you sign on to be on tv, you're signing on to be a role model, and you're signing on for the press. whether it be good or bad, you're going to get publicity. and if she didn't know that. then obviously her daddy didn't do a very good job of explaining it to his spoiled ass daughter.

2043 days ago

sophie

oh. and just because people HAVE made fun of stereotypes or ethnicity. does not make it right. haveen't you ever heard the famous question "if all your friends jump off a bridge, would you?" same applies to now. if many people decide to make a racist pose, does it make it right? would you? just because this doesn't offend one person or two, doesn't mean there isn't someone out there it does offend. And frankly, i think it's better to not hurt anyones feelings than risk hurting someones feelings just because you were having "fun".

2043 days ago

Christine

I love how the issue is that they are making these faces...
when CLEARLY there is an Asian dude right there.
I am asian.. but not offended.

But as I was saying earlier,
I love how the issue is the faces rather than the guy with ALCOHOL in his hand!
woooow...
Yeah,
Let's not make faces,
instead,
why don't we all just drink underage!
GREAT JOB MILEY,
YOU'RE AN AWESOME ROLEMODEL!
oh.. and a joke.

2043 days ago

k

she looks better this way.

2043 days ago