2 Legit

2 Just Give Up Already

2/12/2009 3:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Remember that time you were sitting around with your friends saying, "Wouldn't it be really cool if MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice staged a comeback concert in Utah?" Of course you don't -- because no one has ever thought that.

MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice

But alas, it's happening! The '90s has-beens are headlining an event at the McKay Event Center in beautiful Orem, Utah. Orem, whose population is 90% white, is often referred to as "Family City USA." And how!

The gig goes down February 27 and tickets range from $29.50 - $35.00 (which includes a $3.00 parking fee). All of Hammer and Ice's proceeds will go toward rent.

Jimbob

Why do you comment about the population being 90% white. That's just plain racist.

1986 days ago

LongJohn69

I'd pay $35.00 to NOT have to see them.

1986 days ago

A Real Housewife from Compton

I guess the dude that sang "Rico Suave" or Young MC couldn't make it. Oh well.

1986 days ago

Hilldog

I would be first in line, if it was in my town. I attended a NBA game and Vanilla was the half time entertainment. No one left their seats...he rocked it ...old school.
It put a smile on everyone's face.
Utah, you lucked out.

1986 days ago

Ms Sweets

Pfffft, if I was in Utah I'd buy a ticket. These 2 are legends in their own right, they was the shiiieeet back in the day and I know Hammer can still rock it. The sheer entertainment of his performance alone would be worth the money.

1986 days ago

mtk

I went to a show back in Sept., 1990 when Ice opened for MC Hammer in Indianapolis. It was about two weeks before "Ice, Ice Baby" really took off. I remember showing up to the concert and seeing his stuff on stage and thinking, "who the he!! is Vanilla Ice?". Ice's set pretty much sucked but I have to admit that Hammer puts on a great show.

1986 days ago

toocool4u

I can picture this: Some white, middle aged, balding, fat mormons with their "sweet spirit" wives going to this concert and trying to hip hop, reliving their "happening" days from the 80's. One of these 2 clowns is bound to say a bad word on stage and you'll see the stampede out of there. Lol, you guys, thank you, this had me laughing all day long.

1986 days ago

moi

I can't seem to get away from MC Hammer! I lied 6 blocks from his "mansion" in Fremont (before he lost it) and now I live 3 blocks from McKay.....make him go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few years ago I saw Tool there.....now this?????

1986 days ago

notdos

Good for them! They were every bit as popular as some of the lame acts of today.

1986 days ago

Kelley

To the first poster who obviously knows much less about Utah than he'd like us to believe, the McKay events center is on the UVU campus, NOT the BYU campus. And rather than a bunch of middle aged has-beens drinking to their favorite has-beens, it will more than likely be a mob of 18-20 year olds NOT drinking, and making a fool out of themselves. The PERFECT venue for these two losers!

1986 days ago

TMZ looser

killrythmn, should be force to watch the reuion of these raperts and be forced to accept there autograhis! Racist F

1985 days ago

DRB

UVSU (UVCC) Hosted a big fittycent (ugghh) concert not too long ago too!

1985 days ago

why?

THEY ARE ALL GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU.

1985 days ago

utahgirl

I saw this on the show & had to buy tix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited!

1985 days ago