OctoMom Gets Nailed

2/13/2009 8:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

With her 14 progeny nowhere in sight, octuplet mother of the year Nadya Suleman took time out of her busy press schedule to get a federally subsidized manicure in Norwalk, Calif. on Friday.

It's nice to see her doing something for herself.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

fellow citizen

I had my nails done after having a baby. It's a great way to feel pretty before the weight is all gone. It's not like she said, hey doc lets see if we can get 8 out of this one. She knew the odds were against it and she had more than enough experience to make the choice she did. This wasnt any less thought out than most of our personal situations that didn't go as planned. If only one or two babies had resulted then nobody would even know about her. I don't see why so many people seem to think that they have the right to speak against her but she didn't have the right to have a child. AGAIN, if there had only be one or two, NOBODY would know. She risked her life to avoid killing one of her children, this too seems normal to me. (& no I don't have 14 of my own) If you don't want to help her out then cool, don't. Why does you lack of generosity have to mean that you should spend your time speaking out against her? She is obviously a loving mother which is more than alot of kids have nowadays. Will it be easy... uh...no but i'm pretty sure she knew that since she had so many at home already. Do we really believe she should have given up on her babies just because it was going to be a challenge? In 18yrs when these children are raised and ready to be a part of the world on their own I wonder how many people will still be using their time to condemn this woman. So what if she is willing to except some help. There are tons of moms doing the same with way less kids, why aren't we talking about them? grrr... I just can't believe how negative people can be. She is an American, to me this means she CAN do this if she focuses on her goal. As a fellow American, I can't wait to see her prove to the world that she CAN. God Bless her for atleast trying to do right by her kids. Its nice to see a mom that cares, and yes I do believe that she cares. I support everyone's right to their opinions, I simply wonder why so many choose such negative approaches..... I don't know her but I have to say that I wish I did. She seems very strong, she is certainly taking on more than I believe i would have been able to face.

2035 days ago

fellow citizen

After reading several more comments I wanted to make some thing clear just incase people get the wrong idea. I am not on any assistance, my husband and I fully support our family and pay taxes. Also, some of you should probly check a little deeper into this story because your comments are severely uninformed.

2035 days ago

skatingfan

I have NEVER had a manicure, and believe me, I dress much better than Nadya Suleman! For her to have a manicure in her position is selfish and extravagant. And are we surprised? Those poor kids! I don't care how much help they get, they still have to deal with a wacko!

2030 days ago

Concerned

Well I agree and disagree with both sides of this situation. On the one hand, as a single mom myself -- I can understand the need to get a little stress relief. I buy coffee for myself every day and feel that since it's the one and ONLY thing I ever do for me, that I deserve to spend that money on me. The difference is I only have 3 children and trust me, financially, emotionally, etc -- 3 is ENOUGH for a single parent!!!! Anyway, it's possible she is just enjoying her time out before her 8 kids come home. I doubt she will have a minute to breathe when the reality of 8 screaming infants sets in, and the idea of raising 14 kids on your own. So anyway, it's possible it's just stress relief. On the other hand, however, I see this woman out with new clothing, a nice van, a brand-new house, getting her nails done, coffee, out playing at amusement parks with her children...and then begging for help to pay for her other 8 kids. I can't agree that with 8 kids coming home shortly and 6 others to feed and care for that she has even a dime to her name that isn't already accounted for. I have been hearing in the news that nobody wants to provide free baby gifts to her, because no one wants to associate their companies name with this woman. That included Gerber and Pampers. Those are two major companies that provided assistance to other families with multiples.

On another note, I can't afford to take my kids out and do things like amusement parks all the time, video games all the time, etc. I certainly can't afford to spend $300 or more on cosmetics for myself. How is she doing that? She is on food stamps, which I don't think people should judge her for, because IF she gets them legally -- then it's the state's fault for setting their requirements for qualifying too low. I feel there is far more to the story then we know or ever will know. She is getting money from some place, there is no way that her father "suddenly" pulls out $400,000 in cash to buy a new house when [ex-wife???] his daughter was near eviction just weeks ago. If he was willing to dump that much cash into a NEW house JUST for his daughter and her 14 kids, how come he wasn't willing to help with $23,000 to bail them out in the other house?? Something doesn't make sense there. Not only that, but food stamps feed you, they don't pay to clothe you, they don't pay for amusement parks, so where is the cash for all that coming from? Supposedly she dumped all her money into making the babies...something is off in this situation. On the plus side, she won't be able to lie to DCF on any applications for food/money assistance, claiming that she isn't getting help -- because it's broadcast EVERYWHERE. one more note, anyone find it foolish of the paparazzi to give the Octo-Mom's little boy that camera to literally run with while taking photos? That's like a $5,000 camera...what were they thinking???

2026 days ago

Sapphire

how can she afford nails manicure and botox and lips ? I beleive that she gets botox, her face is so smooth , not even one wrinkle... Shamed on her, poor kids...

2026 days ago

mombomb

I wish i could afford to get my nails and lips done.. she still looks like a piece of chit!!

2025 days ago

mombomb

should'nt the sperm donar be entitled to half of all her royalities, certainly would be obligated to pay support if the tables were turned.. .. I wonder what she has in mine to say when the 14 ask.. where is my daddy?? or who is my daddy?? then what you stupid biotch!!

2025 days ago

mombomb

Imagine how happy 8 families could be to be able to adopt these fatherless childern.
Kids need a mother AND father to thrive in todays day and time.
She should be made to repay all her gov. freebees. and looking at the other 6 kids breaks my heart to see the sadness in their faces. think this....}}} QUALITY NOT QUANITY!!

2025 days ago

jpineda

yes i get that she has kids and really way too many, but there is nothing wrong about getting something done for yourself. as long as her kids are all taken care of let her take her break good grief

2025 days ago

Legally Bonde

Needs to get a life...........GO FOR IT.....MaMa!

2052 days ago

Legally Bonde

BIG BIG BIG~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~B-E-L-L-Y! Go BIG BELLY!

2052 days ago

heather

She probably paid for her nails with her "school loans". So she was able to take out loans when you know that the government paid for her to go to school. i would go back to school too if the government paid for it and paid for childcare.....she will probably go to school til every last one is eighteen so that she doesn't have to take care of them. She is a disgrace and someday her children will know it. And for the person who said that she needed to do something nice for herself well she had a manicure her very first time on tv too....it must be a regular thing for poor mommy. I would love to have more children but I cant afford them and I am responsible enough not to. and it wasn't like it was an accident she paid thousanda and thousands. SHAME ON HER!

2052 days ago

shovan

Its sad when the queen of freakiness, Anglina Jolie, is creeped out by her

2052 days ago

sumaiya

OK GUYS I KNOW WHAT SHE DID WAS HORRIBLE, SHE MESSED UP HER KIDS LIFE, GUT HAVE YOU GUYS EVER THOUGHT THAT MAYBE SHE GOT ONE OF THOSE CUPONS FOR FREE MANICURE OR THOSE TYPE OF PAID OFF MANICURES THAT FRIENDS GIVES? PLEASE ALWAYS THINK POSITIVE, AN AS FOR NADYA DON'T YOU THINK IT IS JUSTIC FOR YOU TO FORCE OTHERS TO HELP YOU FOR YOUR MISTAKES?

2051 days ago

Samantha from PA

Another person us hardworking Americans have to support. I think the doctor needs his license to practice taken away. Who has 14 kids when they're not married??? This is ridiculous. She's the most hated woman in America. The fact that her kids are on welfare and she can buy coffee and pay for a manicure just makes me more pissed off. But hey...I see this every day in the people that come out of Philly/Reading on welfare. It's not fair for us honest, hardworking people.

2050 days ago