Patrick Dempsey's Wife -- Mad at the Wrong Peeps

2/16/2009 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick Dempsey's wife had some misplaced anger last night outside Rustic Canyon restaurant -- blaming the eatery for "selling them out" to the paparazzi. Only problem: They didn't tip us off ...

Patrick Dempsey: Click to watch
Just an FYI: When you're super-famous, people tend to recognize you -- especially people who happen to be seated near you inside restaurants.

The Dude

Your husband made a move called "maid of honor". Be mad at him for that....

Hayley

Can you blame her? I wouldn't want the paps following me around either if I was having dinner with my husband. I guess that's why I will never be an actor. You guys are stupid for saying she's not the celebrity. That may be right, but she is MARRIED to one. It would affect her, too.

greg house

Jaguar, She didn't decided to marry a celeb ; when they got married he only was a "has been actor " with no good work .
It's only later that he had a "come back under the spotlights". There is a HUGE difference !

ChristyA

Why is she covering her face. No one cares about her. She is lucky that her husband is even famous again and not just some 80"s has been.

Tj

The bitch needs to worry about touching up her roots. Don't worry lady, the press won't be following your husband soon. The tv show he is on sucks and so did the ONE movie he made. Don't you hate it when a loud mouth wife bites the hand that feeds her. Paging Chris Brown!

joesamaggot

TO BAD FOR HER... A PICTURE WAS TAKEN.,, HOW HORRIBLE!... SHE IS FORGETTING THAT IF PEOPLE DIDNT WANT TO SEE A PIC OF HER HUSBAND SHE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO EAT AT FANCY PLACES. SUCK IT UP YOU DUMMY, BETTER YET, STEP ASIDE...

honest t

How would you feel if you were getting up there in years and all these hot young women were after your man.
She might be just a little insecure of his fame and worried he might leave her for someone younger and more attractive.
He might not be interested in leaving but one never knows and it must be hard for a woman to know she is
married to a man who has a whole lot of options.

It's hard for marriages to work in that industry, there is a lot of temptation and insecurity.
When one person gets insecure it usually pushes the other person away because they feel like they are not trusted.
Then the other one will say I trust you but I don’t trust all the people chasing you and that’s like saying you are too weak to avoid temptation and I can’t trust you to do the right thing so I don‘t respect you.
With out trust you have nothing. That’s when marriage becomes a claustrophobic institution and not an enjoyable adventure.

I am not a psychologist but I have stayed at a Holliday Inn Express.

Loving Dempsey

I think its very crappy that these people have nothing better to do than catch a famous man after he eats his dinner. Shows me how decent a guy is that Patrick wasn't rude. I have to wonder who the heck his wife thinks she is that she hides her face though. I didn't care whether she was in the shot or not.

Loving Dempsey

I agree to a point that they should be able to go to dinner without having some freak show up and put a camera in their face. However, this is what they trade for fame. Its a sad thing, but its true. He probably wasn't even noticed when he would go out say 9 years ago. Now he can't go anywhere. Fame=Privacy GONE. But in return, they aren't worrying about paying their rent the way us other joe blows do.

My thoughts. Mrs Dempsey is cracking under the pressure. He is younger than her. By quite a bit. He is better looking than her. He is more famous. He is gone all the time, just look around. He is ALWAYS at some race, some car show, acting, some talk show, etc etc etc. She is cracking.

honest t

Actors should not marry older women, it's like trying to avoid carbs and working at a bakery or trying to eat luch at Denny's when you're in a hurry.

kim

Seriously is she kidding herself. She obviously thinks she is the famous one. Honey no one wants to look at you you didnt have to cover your face! Patrick was very gracious to the pap - she could use a lesson from him in politeness.

pattijen

So Patrick is actually married to a bitch. How about that. What a shame for him. Doesn't she realize she's married to a star and that star status is where her money comes from? I guess she wanted to be left alone to spend her money in peace. Poor baby. Would it have killed her to spend just a second to smile or maybe, god forbid, say hello to the little people. I hate women like that. Poor Patrick. I feel sorry for him actually having to deal with a woman like that.

Jaimie

You are a painfully unaware that you can afford to have a quiet dinner in peace for the right price. Sounds like you just want to have your cake and eat it too. Cook dinner at home if it is so difficult to be recognized in public. Would you ike cheese with your whine?

Mia

Idiot bastard papparazzi. Leave the normal married celebs alone at night, chase after the freaks, there certainly are unlimited options in lala land. Daytime shots are fair game. Next you will be haunting alleys snapping them as they take out their trash at night. What a weird little life you lead.

Nate

simply put, yes it sucks cuz they are asking him dumb questions and making awkward conversation, but they are just waiting for their car why does she have to act like such a moron with the dramatics. she looks like a fool.