Gary Collins Charged with DUI -- .29!!!

2/17/2009 6:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gary CollinsGary Collins has been charged with two counts of DUI for allegedly driving a motor home drunk January 31.

We're told 70-year-old Collins blew an unbelievable .29 ... nearly four times the legal limit.

Collins was busted near Santa Barbara after driving erratically.

Collins was charged by the Santa Barbara County D.A. with DUI and driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher. Collins has a prior DUI for which he served jail time.

BTW, according to a drinking chart, Collins would have to down 10 - 12 drinks in an hour to register .29.

diana

Gary Collins' old gray ass, looking like wow, I finally got my picture taken and everybody will remember me now, '"see, I'm not dead after all!" I hope they lock this old crone up for a long time before he kills someone.

2009 days ago

TG

People seem to be confused. .29 means that .29 % of his blood was alcohol. NOT 29%! And .08 is not 8%, but actually .08%. It is possible to die with BAC of .30. Gary was darn close to that, and is lucky he was still concious.

2009 days ago

PAUL WILLIAMS

A.29?????? Gary, Gary, Gary!!!!!!! I used to watch you during the 70's, and now, this is what you've come to??? Has your career gone so far down the tubes that you.ve taken up this???? I don't know what you're smiling for, this ain't funny! What if you had wound up dead, would you be smiling then??? Don't think so!!!!!!!

2009 days ago

2MuchTV

Of course when clebs do bad things it is reported and Gary is no different. But for every bad thing they do, there are good things they do that go unreported. Gary got me my first job in Hollywood almost 25 years ago. I thank him from the bottom of my heart and hope that he and his family will find a way to get him back up from the bottom he has obviously fallen to.

2002 days ago

ova it

2010 days ago

richards

see Robert Pattinson in 50 years

2010 days ago

Frozenwilly

how do you drink that much and still find a way to operate a vehicle. I am not a big fan of the current laws but that is a little over the top.

2010 days ago

Michele

Looks like he may have a little drinky problem and may need the 12 step program. We have 4 friends that have done time for drinking and driving 2 or 3 times, Why don't they just drink at home or call a cab? I don't get it, but then I don't drink either .

2010 days ago

Uh?

29% of his blood volume was alcohol...Gary, your gonna preserve your liver dude!

2010 days ago

Pete Kosednar

Party on Gary!

2010 days ago

h20

No wonder he looks so happy in the mug shot!

2010 days ago

The Observer

Biophysics Nerd, it seems you are missing a leading decimal, there. 29%? I don't think so.

2010 days ago

ya right

the mug shot looks like he still doesn't know what's going on

2010 days ago

Mrs Joe Jackson

He should be shot. All drunk drivers are murderers in waiting.

Kill them now, please.

Gary Collins? Washed up old turd.

2010 days ago

nothing better to do

IMPRESSIVE!

How high can your blood alcohol level go before you die?

2010 days ago