Not a Dry Eye in the House -- redirect

2/23/2009 12:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

COMMENTS

Kim

I can't believe some of you. Why don't you look Heath up on Wikipedia to see exactly what he did to prepare for this role. He played amazingly as the Joker. He did not receive the award because he died. He received this award because it was WELL deserved. Heath Ledger is the second person to win the posthumous award, so it's a big deal. Even James Dean didn't win that, so maybe you want to get your facts straight before you start acting like little babies about it. Regardless of what some of you say, it is fantastic that he won this and I couldn't be more happy for him and his family. And as was mentioned; yes, people are entitled to their opinions, but saying that he won just because he's dead, or saying that this wasn't deserved couldn't be more of a false statement. Heath came a LONG way from the beginning to end of his career, and I applaud him for that.

Bex

kim...you know what's a big deal? Weather or not your family or mine will have food and shelter next month, darlin. Figure it out.

Bex

kim--you know what's a big deal? Whether or not your family or mine have food and shelter next month, darlin. The sooner you and all the other idiots that live in la la land figure this out, the better off we will ALL be.

Kim

Dallas: What I am saying about him winning this award has NOTHING to do with the economy so STFU. Way to bring something up that is completely off topic. If you are so concerned about that, maybe you should be on a message board focusing on money matters instead of Heath Ledger winning his Oscar.

Just because my money isn't pouring in like the movie stars doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and be bitter about the entire event. But I can see that this is what you would prefer to do.

Bex

kim...how pathetic you are such a moron.

loci

boohoo...why so serious?

Kim

Really? Thanks Dallas, but your opinion on my intelligence means nothing to me. The only reason I'm on here right now is because I'm thrilled he won that award. I can see that you're on here for an entirely different reason.

Bex

You are correct. Your lack of intelligence means nothing, twit. Now, I have to go. I have to pay for the bank loan you defaulted on. Later.

Oppsishitedovertherainbow

Kim is clearly an European,Ha ha ha.! I love you Kim :)

T-Fed

You could see the sadness in so many peoples eyes. Whether or not he deserved the oscar, it was still a very touching moment. Ledger's death has run deep in the heart of Hollywood. Such a crying shame.

Chelsie

Was it really necessary for all three of them to be on stage? I think just the father would have been enough. It seemed a little bit of overkill. Heath Ledger died of a drug overdose and orphaned his young child and yet his family carries on like he was Mr. Wonderful. I don't buy it and they all need to go away now.

KATHY

Hopefully this is the last award he wins. The pity party has gone on long enough.

jb

Finally. Now the poor man may get to rest in peace, this family can heal and his little girl can grow up
knowing her father only through his films. Should be a big relief to all.

Twinker

Mickey, Sean, Heath, Robert D jr....
Yep...the Oscars sponsored by Coke...

Twinker

Harldy anyone last night had an American accent...just a thought.