Robert Downey Jr.

Good Genes or Good Docs?

3/1/2009 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Downey Jr. really is back ... better than ever.

Robert Downey
Here's 25-year-old Downey back in 1991(left) -- and 18 years later, the 43-year-old version at the Oscars this week (right).

Getting arrested and going to rehab a bunch of times really does the body good.

See also

Mariah

Oh, and he also wandered into someone's house and fell asleep in their bed, didn't he? Also, was pulled over with a handgun (unlicensed??). Perhaps someone can refresh my memory. And for the record, I AM a Lohan fan (acting wise), but she's not the only one needing a little defense. Corey Feldman has been clean for some time, Christian Slater had a bad drinking problem, Josh Brolin and Terrence Howard (both anger management issues where possible abuse was questioned) the list goes on. I do totally respect Downey as an actor and a man for finally getting his act together; He and Sean Penn are probably 2 of our most gifted actors going. Just still don't appreciate the fickleness (read: hypocrisy) of Hollywood and the general public.

2061 days ago

dal1013

He's had any serious work other than what looks like a little botox . . . well administered and subtle. Botox can look crappy on men (or everyone for that matter (ie. Nicole Kidman) but it's well executed here.

2061 days ago

Me, myself and I

It's just genes that someone receives. Oily skin does better than dry skin. I'm 60, and have no wrinkles at my eyes. Most people think I'm in my late forties. At my last facial, I was told that my skin was amazing, although I smoke and drink on a regular basis. I have an olive undertone to my skin, and I tan rapidly, instead of getting a sunburn. Some forty year old's look much older because of their skin type. Very fair skin does not do very well, unless they protect themselves from harsh sunlight.

2061 days ago

vicsmith

He looks every bit of 43 years old and maybe more. Not impressed.

2061 days ago

Eileen Gatti

THE and I do mean THE BEST LOOKING, BEST ACTING AND BEST SENSE OF HUMOR IN HOLLYWOOD. So glad he's doing great. He deserves only the best life has to offer.

2061 days ago

mom in michigan

All I know is that man is HOT!!!!!!!!

2061 days ago

blackandwhitegirl

HI ROBERT, I HEARD THAT YOU READ WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOU ON THE INTERNET. ROBERT, YOU HAVE GOOD GENES, YOU ARE HANDSOME. YOU ARE MY FAVORITE ACTOR.

2061 days ago

Shootingstar

I'm leaning towards genes. Whatever it is...it's a good look. He's aging beautifully!

2060 days ago

whatever

He Looks freakin fantastic-I've always thought he was good looking!

2059 days ago

Lee Hargraves

He always was a knockout...pretty eyes, fantastically disarming smile. I do agree it's impossibly amazing that his looks were barely touched by his years of substance abuse. Too bad the same can't be said for some women (Courtney, Whitney, even Lindsay getting to be a bit long in the tooth)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4