D.A. Gets Rihanna Case

3/4/2009 8:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownTMZ has learned the L.A. County District Attorney has received the Chris Brown case from the LAPD.

No decision will be made today. It is under review.

Brown was arrested for allegedly making criminal threats. Sources say the D.A. will review that allegation as well as felony domestic battery.

Brown is scheduled to make an appearance in court tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if the D.A. files charges tomorrow and if Brown is arraigned. If that happens, it will be especially interesting if Rihanna shows up with him.

Of course, we will be all over it.

red

All you jerks saying Rihanna is an idiot for getting back with him ,she deserves it etc have obviously never been in an abusive relationship. It's not as simple as leave him and walk away. Trust me I've been there. My ex used to hit me. I went to the hospital and had pics, xrays taken. The city I live in pressed charges, they didn't need me to, he was let out on bail and beat me so severely I had 8 broken ribs, two punctured lungs, a torn rotator cuff and scarring on my cervix because he assaulted me down there with a beer bottle. Are you going to say I deserved it for not pressing charges???? I was too scared of him to fight him in court.

1956 days ago

californiadreamer

For all you idiots saying "leave them alone...people make mistakes"...WTF?! BATTERING SOMEONE IS NOT A MISTAKE. It is a CRIME...For a reason. When I was in my 20's I never beat anyone up. Being young is no excuse. There are consequences for physically assaulting someone. The public needs to demand justice for Rihanna...she is too messed up to advocate for herself. Like many battered women, she probably lacks the self-esteem to get out. Chris should not get off the hook b/c he's young, he's a star, etc...He needs to be locked up. Stop making excuses for a man BEATING A WOMAN'S FACE IN!! Come on, people...let''s stop being complacent and acting like this is what "young kids do". It's NOT and it's NOT OK.

1956 days ago

stella and diane

@@36. Why did this take 3 weeks to get to the DA? The photos were pretty explanatory. Does Chris or his people have some kind of in with the LAPD? I heard someone describe a man beating on a women now as a CB. As in he CB'd her. Fitting. Ike dead, we needed someone new to take his place.

Posted at 7:26PM on Mar 4th 2009 by TimP
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
THIS IS TAKING 3 WEEKS BECAUSE CHRIS DID NOT BEAT HER TO A PULP, THEY HAD A FIGHT AND THERE WERE NO WITNESSES. RIHANNA HAS BEEN PUSHING CHRIS AROUND AND ACTING JEALOUS FOR WEEKS NOW, EVEN NE-YO INDICATED THAT.
THERE IS NO CASE.

I REALLY HOPE AND PRAY THAT RIHANNA AND CHRIS SUE TMZ AND PUT THEM OUT BUSINESS.

1956 days ago

stella and diane

@94. they are togever again beaucouse it was nothing between them all this is fake for show.

Posted at 12:22AM on Mar 5th 2009 by mckostea
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I agree with you. Publicity stunt.

1956 days ago

The Dude

Well, If convicted, he should be given a choice. 20 years in jail or 8 quick crowbar shots to his face by an angry woman.

1955 days ago

stella and diane

@@95. I hope the best for chris and ri ri! This is my thing people are so quick to judge so quick to put somebody up for charges guess what when it is every last one of all yall chances to face the music I hope there is someone or people saying get the whole story first not just hear say cause if not you will feel what he feels and what she feels. People are innocent until proven guilty and Ri Ri just proved she is staying so that means leave it alone. Cause if it was me I would not care about what none of you broke ass negative people have to say. Cause in the morning you mean not a damn thing to either one of them.

Posted at 12:44AM on Mar 5th 2009 by I am telling like it is!
**************************************************************************************************************************
PERFECT COMMENT

1955 days ago

stella and diane

@107. I'm getting so tired of the Chris & Rihanna sh*t!!!! I don't even like that island HO! Everybody is blowing it all out of wack. If it was so bad why didn't her friends and her "DAD" do something before all this? They are young and dumb!!! Ok he beat her a$$ now lets move on If they are going to be togther, let them be!

Posted at 8:34AM on Mar 5th 2009 by Dana
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WOW! Nobody has even asked that question. She is a huge pop star so why did no one do anything before? She doesn't need Chris and he doesnt' need her, they are both famous and rich. Don't you think Jay Z or her family would see bruises on her half covered body and pull Chris up?
OH PLEASE.

1955 days ago

stella and diane

OH PLEASE. COME ON PEOPLE GO AND GET A LIFE. ARE YOU THAT BORED YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP FAIRYTALES.

1955 days ago

Nancy McBeth

Do you part. Send a message to the L.A. District Attorney's office telling them to prosecute Chris Brown to the fullest extent of the law. The Email address is: webmail@da.lacounty.gov. Or you can leave a message on the DA's website: http://da.co.la.ca.us/feedback.htm#feedback

Sample message: "I sincerely hope that the L.A. District Attorney's office will file charges and arraign Chris Brown today. Please let us not see a repeat of the tragic O.J./Nicole Brown Simpson situation. Obviously Rihanna is not going to be of any assistance to the D.A., but from all accounts, your office should have enough evidence from photos and past domestic abuse incidents to press charges. Letting Brown off with just a slap on the wrist and probation is sending the wrong message to all young women. Please prosecute Brown to the fullest extent of the law. Thank you."

1955 days ago

KIM

what's the big deal anyways they got married in Miami at P. Diddy's mansion....It will be all out soon

1955 days ago

Fed-up

#'s 36,64,56,87 & 89, In response to your previous posts, IMO, here is why: Just because Rihanna may have forgiven him, most women and even men for that matter, do NOT condone domestic violence. We take it very serious! What if Chris then breaks up with Rihanna and finds someone new and then loses his temper and beats her too? It's been reported that this is not the first time he has hit her. Do we wait til he kills her to voice our concerns? Hmm, makes me think of Oj and Nicole. He NEEDS to learn there are consequences for this type of abuse. Poster #87, what exactly do you find "not logical"? As for poster #89 I pretty much agree with everything you said. If any of you women want to voice your opinion to the DA's office, go to poster #108 and click on her link.He deserves more then a slap on the wrist. Afterall, he gave Rihanna more then that, didn't he? Domestic violence kills!!!

1955 days ago

Fed-up

Trust me, you are NOT the only one who is baffled and speechless!

1955 days ago

angelkaks

I just read a bulletin that CB has been charged with 2 felonies. I hope he serves time for what he has done. I am not taking sides in the matter because I think Rhianna made some mistakes also but no one has the right to lay hands on another human being with the intent to harm that person. He needs counselling to learn how to channel his anger in another way. I also read that this is not the first incident and if this is true, Rhianna should have acted on the problem from the beginning. By allowing the abuse to continue she only fueled the fire because he probably thought she would never report the abuse in fear of tarnishing her reputation or his for that matter. There is no reason for anyone to continually endure abuse with all the resources available to victims these days. I hope this is a lesson for other young women and men that there are other ways to settle disagreements than physical or mental abuse. I am the mother of two young women and I would hope that if they were ever in a situation such as this that they would immediately take action instead of trying to hide the abuse because they are so in love. You have to love yourself first. You also live and learn but sometimes you need to learn from the experiences of others. I will keep both of these young people in my prayers.

1955 days ago

toni620

As a mother and Grandmother I would hunt him down like a dog, and take care of him my way. Nobody would hurt my family the way he hurt her. I hope his career goes down the toilet. Stinks at singing anyway Her father should be ashamed of himself also.

1955 days ago

TizzyR8

Chris Brown Duznt Deserve This At All...Women Provoke Men..However I Do Disgree About Him Goin Bak Wyv Rihanna....
They Make A Reeli Good Cuple Buh Bcuz Of Her His Career Is Geting Spoilt And Fans Are Leavin Him...

1955 days ago