Robin Williams to Undergo Heart Surgery

3/5/2009 5:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robin WilliamsRobin Williams has postponed the rest of his comedy tour to have heart surgery.

A statement just released by his reps says Robin will have "to undergo surgery for an aortic valve replacement" -- and said his tour will hopefully pick back up in the fall.

The release also included this statement from Williams:

"I'm so touched by everyone's support and well wishes. This tour has been amazing fun and I can't wait to get back out on the road after a little tune-up."

yazzie

Get well Robin Williams. We need you!

LongJohn69

Maybe he can take the time off to think up some new schtick. He's done the same bits since Mork and Mindy. He's like Jim Carey...ya seen him once, ya seen him 1000 times.

D

Yep, same ole schtick for the past 25 years.

Go on a talk show. Jump out of the seat about every 30 seconds. Talk in a high voice....talk in a low voice. Jump out of seat and run towards the audience....sit back down. Repeat.

It's old.

ester hoffman

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. YOU HAVE MADE US LAUGH FOR YEARS AND YOU HAVE MORE TO GIVE!! LOVE YOU! AND IN OUR PRAYERS.

billyboyhere

#48 YOu are spot on with that description...in fact his whole generation of comic buddies are guilty of a similar shtick, except they really overdo the baby babbling talk, arrow through the head, no real joke telling nonsense...its as if they are playing to people that are stoned and would laugh at any movement or sound at all.

No, the whole creative, playing to and knowing your audience style of comic has been dead for too long now. Sure he could get a few laughs, but it was a self serving, act crazy out of control, press the drug and sex limits and make fun of Southerners kind of approach. Its predictable and boring now. Kind of like Black comics still trying to drop the N word in their routines----it was funny when it was new---now its just ridiculous and thoughtless.

I wish the man well...but his "humor" is really nothing more than trying to imitate a mental patient off his medication with a day pass.

Lisa

Robbin please don't pay any attention to the cruel and and heartless comments on here, just concentrate on the positive comments and know that you are wonderful and loved by many. You will be in my prayers, hope everything goes well in surgery and that you have a speedy recovery. We love you!

Biff

I love You Mr. Williams, Just a Minor setback my friend. You'll be back in action in no time. Get Well & TC.

Rip M 2 Shreds

#48 Hey D-, drop dead. STFU.

g-dawg

Get well soon Robin!! WE LOVE YOU!!!! YOU HAVE BROUGHT JOY AND LAUGHTER TO MILLIONS!!! YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS!!!

greeneyedlass

Get well soon Robin. My husband and I saw you in Tulsa a couple of weeks ago, you are STILL THE BEST!!!

best clips

Get well soon dear Robin Williams. we all wish your successful surgery and speedy recovery.

LindaC781

Robin, get well soon. I love your humor...you crack me up. Now, don't crack the surgeons up in the operating room too much will ya? They need to concentrate on this. This is no time for jokes...lol. Seriously. I wish you well, hope you have a fantastic and safe surgery, and a speedy recovery.

Sincerely,

Linda

Renee

Nanu Nanu Robin! You Mork me laugh! Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Lovely

Aww I hope he gets well soon! I love Robin!!!

Cashdown

I’m sending seven angels to surround you from Thousand Oaks, CA. A prayer has been placed up at the angel store in Ventura for you. You are the only one that saved my life with your humor. Love You Baby!

1952 days ago