Judge Allows Rihanna to Tape Chris Brown

3/6/2009 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a copy of the protective order against Chris Brown -- in which a judge is allowing Rihanna to record any phone conversations she has with Chris.

Chris Brown: breaking news

The order, filed yesterday in Los Angeles Superior Court, says Brown must not "harass, strike, threaten, assault (sexually or otherwise), follow, stalk, molest, destroy or damage personal or real property, disturb the peace, keep under surveillance, or block movements of" Rihanna.

The order expires in March 2012.

Click here to live chat!

buzz1234

Publicity STUNT...Her career is Ruined...Her Management Team, is trying to make her look good, not Crazy by her going back to Chris.
She is probably Still With him, she will be Careful not to be caught next time, with Cameras....

BarbG

I highly doubt that this is true. She didnt even appear in court yesterday. And if they were attempting to use that as any kind of evidence, it would probably would be exposed to the publis same day. DUH!!! It defeats the whole point. Wouldnt they want to catch hom off guard? Duh!!! This is BS.

J

@Tanya,

you make a brilliant point there.
Harvey is a racist who has been trying to bring down Chris for ages.

If Harvey is in support of Rihanna, why post the photos on here to embarass her and to reveal her identity when the police are not allowed to reveal the victim in an abuse case to protect them.

This is a case for the NAACP.

BarbG

Im sorry I mean, they WOULDNT allow the public to know. I dont even think that paper is real!!!! And how does TMZ always end up with docs and evidence? Fishy to me. and the LAPD needs their a's kicked for selling all this info.

wtf

Why would this be made public? If he knows she is recording him he isn't going to say anything that she could use against him. Were you suppose to report this TMZ? Sounds like you just helped out Chris. Good job.

MS-SUGAR

I CANT BELIEVE SOME KIDS ARE JOKING ABOUT HOW BAD CHRIS BEAT RIHANNA. SOME ARE SAYING "I'M ABOUT TO GIVE YOU A OLD FASHIONED CHRIS BROWN BEAT DOWN". THIS IS A HORRIBLE MESSAGE FOR OUR YOUNGER GENERATION. I REALLY LIKE CHRIS AND HAD MUCH RESPECT FOR RIHANNA, BUT NOW, I THINK HE'S A CRIMINAL AND SHOULD BE IN JAIL NOW, AND RIRI IS SO STUPID TO TAKE THAT IDIOT BACK IN HER LIFE. IS SHE NOT ASHAMED AND HUMILIATED ABOUT THIS WHOLE SITUATION? WELL, EVIDENTLY NOT. I SAW THE PICTURES OF HER AND CHRIS AT P-DIDDY'S HOUSE. AND I CANT BELIEVE CHRIS BROWN WAS POSING FOR THE PICTURES ON HIS JET SKI AND STARRING DOWN ANOTHER BIKINI WEARING GIRL.

MS-SUGAR

I HEARD CHRIS AND RIRI MAY HAVE GOTTEN HITCHED A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. IF THEY DID, I THINK CHRIS DID IT FOR PUBLICITY PURPOSES. WHOEVER IS GIVING HIM ADVICE IS PRETTY SMART. I HEARD A SPOUSE CANT BE FORCED TO TESIFY AGAINST ANOTHER SPOUSE IN COURT AND HE KNOWS HOW IT LOOKS NOW SINCE RIRI DECIDED TO TAKE HIM BACK. HE MAY NOT LOOK LIKE THE WOMAN BEATER HE IS AND MAYBE SOME PEOPLE MIGHT THINK THIS WAS A ONE-TIME THING AND MAY FORGIVE HIM FOR THIS ONE PUBLICLY MISTAKE. I DONT THINK IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME EXPRESSING HIS ANGER WITH HIS FISTS, BUT INSTEAD HIS FIRST TIME GETTING CAUGHT. I WONDER IF RIRI CALLED THE POLICE OR DID SOMEONE ELSE DO IT.

shirliana

I THOUGHT THEY WERE IN MIAMI LAST WEEKEND TOGETHER... IF IT HAPPENS ONCE, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.... U NEED TO LET HIM GO..... BELIEVE ME... I HAVE BEEN IN THAT SITUATION BEFORE... THEY DO NOT LEARN...
YOU WILL FIND SOMEONE BETTER THAN HIM AND FOR WHAT HE DID TO YOU (YOU MENTIONED THAT IT WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME), HE NEEDS TO SPEND A FEW DAYS IN JAIL.. MY X WENT TO ANGER MANAGEMENT COURSES BUT DID WORK FOR A FEW MONTHS AND THE LAST STRAW WAS HE PUT A KNIFE ON MY NECK.... IF U WANT TO SURVIVE, LET HIM GO....................................

MS-SUGAR

i think chris brown is a criminal and should be in jail. he's a complete thug. i will no longer listen or buy his music again.

Almond49

According to mediatakeout.com, Chris Brown's defense will be steroid rage. He will plea either not guilty by reason of insanity, or get a plea. Check out the website, they are really informed on this topic. He has already been tried in the court of public opinion and is guilty. Now we will see how the court of law tries him.

ANN

i always thought chris brown was such a fine young man. boy was i wrong . there is no excuse to hit a woman. after a certain age you know right from wrong and he knew very well what he was diong . if this young woman goes back to him then she really needs help, his career will be over because he has not learned a lesson here at all. hers will be over if she goes back to him. this kid will end of killing this girl in time if not by him he will hire a hit on her . i just pray to god she gets rid of him. also pray to god he gets the help he needs before it's to late for him

lovergirl

Man! That's so f***ed up, that's a sentence in itself. He can't do sh** in this case. They might as well prosecute him that way because putting him in jail on top of this somewhat restraining order from the environment wouldn't make any sense. How you gon put him in jail for damn there 5 years but file this crazy ish on him for 3 years. He's always in the public eye so there's no way around it. Anybody could say, "oh he vandilized my car" and in realiy its only a scratch, or "Oh he shoved me" when it was really a part or his dance routine. You get what I'm saying? They would just be waiting for him to f*** up again, any slight thing. And it isn't fair that nothing is being held against Rihanna. She has the freedom to do whatever she wants and she didn't put a restraining order against him so she could possibly hit upside the head for a good 3 years and if he even pushes her back slightly to defend herself she could call the cops and his a** would go straight to jail for sure. She damn there has control over him now. And his future is in the palm of her hands if he doesn't end up in jail and this ish just isn't fair and it pisses me the heck off. Yeah she got beat up by him but they don't know her character, her heart or her mischievous ways, I don't know either but I'm just saying. I don't know but if she think now she could treat him how ever she want to he really might end up (God forbid) killing her but I just hope he calls the cops on her or anyone before he could ever end up in trouble again if he doesn't go to jail. This just isn't fair.

Hope Wilkinson

One ofo these days - someone will find RiRi beaten to death in some damn stinking ally and wonder who did that to her? Why is Mark Garagos even defeodning this piece of crap? He has lost his last couple of cases and is sure to lose this one. Way to go Mark!
ONCE a man hits a woman - for what ever reason - HE IS WRONG! He will beat her agian and again and she will be dead! These pitiful women never learn, do they?

BleedingDreamer

I am confused. How do you have an order like this on a guy that you are dating? Why would you be dating someone that you need an order against? I'm so against Chris but Rihanna is losing my respect too.

julie

Chris beat her down Brown better watch out cause "here comes the judge". Did my heart good that at least there is one person looking out for Rihanna. Good for the judge. You could see the judge looking at that 6'2" 200 lb immature man/child thinking "it's a good thing you didn't do that to my baby girl".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments