Langella

What If Richard Nixon

Was Gay?

3/11/2009 2:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The real reason Frank Langella lost out to Sean Penn:Tricky Dick wasn't gay ... at least that's the theory.

0311_langella_tmz_video-1
Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKERS!!!

1991 days ago

lls

Langella is NOT gay...............................for the love of God, he use to live with Whoppi Goldberg!

1991 days ago

celebutaunter77

It's all about the gay agenda. Make a movie about gays, it's gonna win an Oscar. It used to be movies about retarded, (sorry, mentally handicapped) people that were guaranteed to win. Gays are the new "mentally handicapped" when it comes to movie gold.

1991 days ago

Eileen Gatti

Nixon was not gay - no way.

1991 days ago

xcalibur

WHAT A CLASSLESS ACT THIS DOUCHE BAG IS.. PROOF SOME ACTORS ARE ONLY IN THE BIZNESS FOR MONEY YET DOES A HALF ASS ATTEMPT TO GREET A FAN. SO FAKE AND TWO FACED! YO MAMA LANGELLA!!!!

1991 days ago

sable

Langella doesn't say that.....
Penn doesn't say that...
Nixons not talking!!
What a stupid story!!
Whats TMZ got against gays now?
Must be hard up on scandal...too bad TMZ...you lose!!

1991 days ago

Annie

That is the only reason Whack job Penn won! He caters to the Academy!!!! I saw that when they shunned Russell Crowe for Brilliant Mind and gave it to Denzel (Love Denzel) but Training Day?? Give me a break. The Gay Agenda is alive and well in Hollywood! Thats why all the movies that win have the lowest attendance!

1991 days ago

Mary Worth

Mickey Rourke should have won. But I'm sure all the nominees have it figured out by now. They will say the politically correct thing about it all, however. At least, they know they have to say it.

Four nominees deserved that oscar. There's sometimes that fifth nominee that makes an oscar buff say, WTF? And it was Braddy that brought out that reaction in me.

And on the distaff side, his sidekick, Angie. Several better performances were sacrificed to this manipulater's campaign.

Rourke and Penn split the numerous pre-oscar awards right down the middle. Rourke had the more difficult assignment; therefore he should have won. But like Penn, himself, declared; It's a beauty contest!
I thought perhaps the Rourke/Penn match would split the votes; thus allowing Langella to piggyback to victory. But Penn's viewpoint carried the day.

1991 days ago

Dan

Oh Frank,
May I remind you of 35 years ago, Bellevue Stratford hotel in Philadelphia? You were doing "Seascape" and I was touring with a show, and we met and spent several hours together in your hotel suite? If that wasn't a "GAY" encounter, then I don't know what is!! "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." Ok whatever! I didn't mean to "OUT" you Frank, but hey....it did happen!
How soon they forget.....

1991 days ago

Atomik the Duck

Langella showed infinite self-control. A class act, as always.

1991 days ago

Not gay either

Yeah he is probably correct...over the last several years I have noticed that Hollywood increasingly uses the oscars to make a PC statement...on whatever the flavor of that particular year is...this year it happened to be about being gay or being from a slum. I wonder what the "pet" will be next year.

1991 days ago

rachel

To win an oscar you just have to play gay or retarded or wear latex prosthetics.
I knew milk would win, just for the gay vote.
Not that there;s anything wrong with that, but could we give it a rest for a change>?

1989 days ago

nicole

well while this maybe true this year,

i seem to remember a certain little, tiny infact gay movie that seemed to have been over looked at the oscars. that tiny little fil was brokeback mountain,

and if you ask me, i think penn's win and lance blacks win was compensation, for that loss, and infact i think he was the only that deserved the award, mickey rouke is a former image of hisself, and might as well claim to be michael jackson.

i did see the film milk, i thought i was great and sean was right on it in his performance, and i also think he missed his oscars for i am sam by the way which i liked better then mystic river, but thats just me.

1981 days ago

Kaijin

Lol I like how he was trying to get away from the guy. So funny. xD