Don Imus Has Cancer

3/16/2009 8:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Don ImusDon Imus announced on his radio program this morning that he's battling stage II prostate cancer.

Imus' rep released this statement: "Don appreciates the good wishes he's already received from his listeners and viewers. After years at the Imus Ranch surrounded by inspirational children battling cancer, Don is well-prepared to fight this. And no, this does not make him eligible for the kids' rodeo competition."

Steven P.

What you send out into the world comes back to you, whether its good or bad. Kharma is a natural law. Nothing new.

Bill

Regardless of what you think of him personally or professionally, the fact the he has Cancer is sad. We should all pray
for his speedy recovery. As a long time listener, I wish him the very best.

moonshake

please, make it swift.

Get Real!

#26, By...ECJ32 @ 11:09am,

WELL STATED! You definitely "REAP WHAT YOU SOW"...But, I hope he pulls through this. My father-in-law (unfortunately) passed away from prostate cancer this past June, and it was not a pretty thing to see your loved one suffering...God Bless Him!!!

WriteRight

He hardened his heart against his the people he should have been trying to seek forgiveness from.
His apology was anything but sincere and he was given another show making MORE money by the powers that be.
However, God, is still in charge!

X

I'm sorry, but since when does one comment make someone a racist? He said something stupid, he apologized, and that is that, he was just trying to be funny. I can't imagine a single person on this earth who has never made a politically incorrect comment during their life, his just happened to be heard by thousands of people.

All you people talking about karma, you don't even know what that is, or else you wouldn't be acting the way you are right now, because you are seriously asking for it.

Resiak

Seriously we're still whining about that "Nappy headed hos" comment? Seriously imagine if it were the reverse, a black man making a joke about white people, everyone would've moved on.

And more importantly I don't care who you are, speaking from experience I wouldnt wish cancer on anyone.

sue

Whatever you wish him......I wish it 3x to you.

He is not a racist. I wish him good health and long life. He does a lot of good.

TMZ FAN

This guy has never been funny, interesting or entertaining. I don't get it, why is this air head even news worthy! Maybe, this will finally shut him up! Enough of him already!!!

Pat

I've had cancer and it's no laughing matter, shame on some of you. I for one love Imus and he is no racist. If you don't like him don't listen to him.He has done more for children with cancer than most of you morons will ever do in a lifetime. God bless you Imus and hope you get better.

Lola

Thats what you get for being a prick.

Blkshepherd

Just think when he is all shriveled up laying in his hosptial bed and he presses a buzzer for the nurse. No doubt some nappy headed ho will come and care for him. The very folks he loathe will end up caring for him in his last days. Now aint that special? The very nappy headed whores you talked about will end up caring for him in his last days on earth. Karma? maybe or maybe you just reap what you sow. So he lost his show and those of you that agreed with him gave him another show all the while dismissing what he did. cool. well lets see you all give him a cancer free body. Whatever hate you spew you will receive as a little present. I personally dont have any opinion of what he said because I know that there is a higher power. As for racist comments. I will leave that to the rest of you folks who loved him so much. I am sure that you all have a plenty to fill up this board.

Inny

Imus is a racist.

When he passes over...

his ass is grass.

(And I don't mean the good stuff.)

mcrinca

Maybe this has one has already been done: celebrity look alikes: Imus and the new york house wife on the Bravo show married to Simon.

tlynn

Ah, so sad, too bad. I'm sure there are folks out there that are celebrating & others who are grieving. Nonetheless, it is what it is. Have they set a date for the funeral yet? Where will it be? I want to stomp him down 2 more feet to make sure his body never reappears!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments