Details of Natasha Richardson's Ski Accident

3/17/2009 1:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

natasha richardsonWe now know what happened to Natasha Richardson on the ski slope when she was critically hurt yesterday, suffering a brain injury.

We're told she was having a private lesson on a green slope (beginner) at a ski resort in Quebec, Canada. She fell -- we're not sure why. There was no blood and no sign of impact. Two ski patrollers came to her rescue. When they got there she was conscious -- smiling and making jokes.

An hour later, Natasha started to complain of a headache and said she didn't feel well. Someone from the resort called 911, and she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Natasha was conscious when she left the resort.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Michael Madsen

How does that translate into a serious brain injury?

Jackie

I really hope she is ok!

jafo

Who is Natasha Richardson?

Off The Rack

Bless her heart, I hope she fully recovers!

xcalibur

UNLESS SHE HAS A NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER THAT JUST MANIFESTED NOW.. ALZHEIMERS?? THAT WOULD CAUSE HER TO FALL. LOL.

Michael Madsen

I think you're onto something number four... a trigger or catalyst.

Hope for the best.

puhllleeez

I read elsewhere she has left the hospital already, is she ok??

I love her and Liam, they're a great couple.......!

a realist

She is married to Liam Neeson and could have suffered a hit to her head which can cause a bruise to the brain, even a subdural hematoma. If so, it's a very serious injury but is usually treatable..

Leroy66

I guess she could have started getting swelling on the brain. That can cause it to become serious. I wish her the best of luck on this St. Patrick's Day.

Igor Loves Green Cheese

Some may call it crotch rot, others a yeast infection or jock-itch; however I deem it a case of green cheese.
No stretchy in the leggy, you die, if I don't die first from your friggin' stench, you effin' wench!

I loooooooove green cheese!

Sonia

Not all brain injuries manifest right away. You can hit your head and walk away from an accident and die twenty minutes later from a subdural hematoma. She should be OK if they can control the bleeding (if there is any). My best to her and her family.

meme

sooooo you don't really know what happen?

Sarafina

Hope she'll be okay.

Lucy

My husband recieved a lung transplant from a young women in a very familiar situation. She fell on her butt, go up, laughed and went to her hotel. She had a headache and went to a hospital. She has suffered whiplash and had suffered a tear in her spinal artery and then a massive stroke. She was on life support 5 days. She donated all her organs.

Michael Madsen

Clare, are you drawing the conclusion Liam Neesom caused the contusion?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments