Family: Natasha Richardson Is Dead

3/18/2009 8:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natasha Richardson Liam Neeson and his family have just released the following statement about the passing of Natasha Richardson:

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

Angelique papillion

I am so sorry to hear of this tragic event. My heart goes out to the family in this difficult time

Duh!

How sad that it takes the death of a public figure for people to realize strapping boards onto your feet is not only dangerous, it's deadly! Common sense should tell people to wear helmets, legislation shouldn't be necessary. A very sad story and my heartfelt condolences go to the family.

RxKing

My condolences for the entire Redgrave family, Liam Neeson and sons. She was truly a fabulous actress who will be greatly missed.

Please dear Vanessa, I state this subject with great respect for you and your family, including your sister, a breast cancer survivor. You can now be such a strong voice for healthcare. Please revisit some of your beliefs concerning the far-left view of universal coverage that Natasha was subjected to those critical hours in Canada, also found in your native Great Britain. As a critical care registered nurse in Texas, I have seen quality care vs. slow, delayed diagnosis which can absolutely make the difference. It may not have changed the course of history, but her care in the United States would have been immediate - surgery would have been performed to relieve pressure, and the prognosis may have been somewhat better. The United States does have the best neurosurgeons in the world, and the healthcare system should be preserved and maintained to yield the best possible outcomes for these types of closed-head injuries.

My heart goes out to the entire theatrical and acting world as well. God Bless You.

lisa lisa

GOD BLESS YOU NATASHA RICHARDSON.
GO TO THE LIGHT AND LOVE.

DEATH POLL: * * * WHO'S NEXT * * * ?????

grizzell

I am so sad. I LOVED her in parent trap. I have seen it countless times because of her. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

blah

omg, i am soo sad!! she was a great actress, when i first found out i cried! i am sitting here watching the parent trap and i am soo sad! i cant believe it!! happened minutes ago!! RIP my hopes and prayers with the family.

zuzu

So very sad.

Sickofitalready

How very sad! Natasha was such a beautiful person with a beautiful personality and tons of talent. She will definitely be missed! My condolences to the family and friends. Rest in peace, Natasha.

Brooke

My deepest sympathy to Natasha's children, Liam, Vanessa, Joely, Franco, Corin, Lynn and the rest of the Neeson/Redgrave family. What a tragic story. God bless the family.

Patricia McGrath

I am shocked at this horrible freak accident. How precious life & the ones we love are. If any good could possibly be found in this terrible tragedy would be to warn everyone of the potential devastation that seemingly "minor" head trama can cause. My thoughts, love & prayers go out to her family, friends and the acting community.

Lauren

Oh that's so sad...RIP

simone

Rest in Peace Natasha. My condolenses to her husband Liam, their boys, her mother and sister, and everyone who personally knew and loved her. Her fans also lost a fantastic performer.

diamondgirl

Too sad, what a tragedy. She was a classy lady. RIP. May her loved ones find peace.

arcticrose

how sad, god bless that woman and her family...RIP

Avemom41

My thoughts and prayers are with the family at this indecscribable painful time for them. I can't even imagine. Rest in peace beautiful, and one of a kind Natasha.......:(