Lauren Bacall Visits Richardson in Hospital

3/18/2009 5:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lauren Bacall was spotted going to the Lenox Hill Hospital in New York to visit Natasha Richardson about an hour ago. According to columnist Liz Smith, Richardson was taken off life support today at 1:30PM ET.

Lauren Bacall: Click to watch
Bacall was one of the many celebrity guests at Richardson's wedding to Liam Neeson in 1994.

flowerchild

This is such a sad story and how awful for natasha's family especially her children. I don't know what to believe, but will hope for the best outcome.

denise1768

Haven't seen this reported anywhere else. Was it confirmed?

andrea

why can't the media cover this story in a more subdued way? i can't imagine how much more traumatic it must be at this time to have annoying camera men bombarding them...

Carrys F.

Leave the family alone, you jackasses in the media!!!

yourekiddingright

My heart is breaking for her children, to lose your loving mother at such a young age..is most certainly devestating for her boys,especially since they are in their teen years when a mother's love is most needed. It is unthinkable to me and I hope that her family can eventually heal and find joy in their lives again. i will pray for you all.

Miriam

Oh dear. Still hoping for the best and a full recovery. I've been saying prayers today for the family, and I hope she pulls through.

I think, that if, GOD FORBID she doesn't make it, God would be one of the first to hurt.

God bless Natasha, her husband and sons, and the entire family.

PEPSI Generation

With a heart just as I thought...

Matt

TMZ, VERY bad reporting. This is NOT Lauren Bacall, it is Vanessa Redgrave, Richardson's mother.

rachelle

My heart goes out to this family, buy why, why wasn't she wearing a helmet?? She was new on the slopes and it just makes sense.

joe the dic giver

a day late & a dollar short grandma
doh!

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

um Matt..th IS Ms. Bacall..sawwy

Anna

Beautiful, CLASSY Real Lady..Great actress..I feel sad..We never ever know whats around the corner 4 all of Us..LIFE IS A VAPOR..TOO Short, so fast..Where Will YOU spen Eternity??? THINK

razzledazzle

Wow, the grande dame herself - very impressive. Very sad, what's happened. My heart is with the family.

xcalibur

OF COURSE THAT'S BACALL.. SHE IS RUDE AS USUAL IN THAT MANLY VOICE OF HERS. VANESSA REDGRAVE LOOKS MUCH BETTER THAN THAT BITCH. SAD BUT TRUE..

OWhatAThrill

I find it hard to believe that Lauren Becall would be going to the hospital at 5:44 EST if the life support was pulled on Natasha at 12 something EST. Why would she be going into the hospital? IF it is true that the injuries were severe enough to be on life support AND the plug was being pulled, the family would have left by now and the body would be on it's way for an autopsy to determine cause of death, especially to check and see if anything might have happened beside the fall. Anyone else find this odd...that somene is going into the hospital to supposedly visit NR when the plug was reported by one person, Liz Smith, to have been pulled around noon today?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments