'Runway' Star

Jailed for

Cat-astrophic Assault

3/18/2009 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0318_kenley_collins_ex_getty-1One of the most memorable -- and hated -- finalists from "Project Runway" is behind bars right now for allegedly fashioning a weapon out of a living, breathing, meowing cat ... and firing it at her ex-fiance!

Kenley Collins -- the trash-talking, third place loser from P.R. Season 5 -- was arrested in a Brooklyn home early yesterday morning, after the D.A. claims she attacked her sleeping ex-fiance with anything she could get her hands on -- including a cat, a laptop, several apples and finally ... water. It's like a design challenge turned violent!

It's unclear what started the fight, but according to legal papers Kenley told her ex, "You're lucky ... it could've been a lot worse."

Kenley was arrested and charged with six crimes -- including 2nd degree assault, 3rd degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon in the 4th degree.

No word on when Kenley is set to be released from jail.

carolelee

Good! She was such a B on Project Runway.

ruderach

did they forget CRUELTY TO ANIMALS???

helena handbasket

OMG. I can just hear her now... they can probably hear her in DC; "THIS IS SOOO UNFAIR!!" "I DIDN'T DOOOO ANYTHING!!!" "I'M BEING PERSECUTED BECAUSE I'M FAAAAMOUS!!!"
LOL!!!!! I hope they throw away the key on that nutjob!

lost in lalaland

GOOD! Hope they keep her in there for awhile. Maybe she'll realize that the universe does NOT revolve around her. She's rude, obnoxious, inconsiderate, disrespectful and WAY too self-absorbed. It's hard to imagine the man that would spend more than one evening with her, much less become engaged to her. I hope the SPCA comes after her too! She's the very definition of a spoiled brat. Why don't horrible things happen to people like her, instead of a class act like Natasha Richardson?

dinsdale

I love that she said it could have been worse, Yeah, she could have TALKED at him in that insanity-inducing voice of hers. Good god that woman makes my entire body and psyche cringe.

Divashels

Oh I hated her sooooooooooo much oh help me i didnt expect when i came on tmz to see her face oh I hate her!!!!!!!!!

whatthefrig

She impressed me as a looney on the show anyway, doesn't surprise me in the least. She is a loose cannon, needs to be in prison for a few years.

Zen Grouch

You can bet that cat will be pooping in her shoes for years to come.

SoCal Razzles

This chick is an idiot.

Lillianne

The big question is how did she get on this show to begin with? Anybody who has taken Home Ec 102 can crank out a shirtwaist dress. At least some of the other kooks showed a streak of genius now and then, but she put a tiny belt on everything and called it a day.

gayle

I knew that chick was a total freak!!! It was only a matter of time before she went koo koo for cocoa puffs!!!

huntryss

Is the cat ok?

the sea

Her boyfriend sounds like a wimp.

".a cat, a laptop, several apples and finally ... water." Scary, call 911!

fafaTodd

Tim says: This concerns me.

DeeDee

Yes, I was more worred about the cat myself. She definitely had some issues on PR. She was really into her victimhood.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments