Chris Brown Won't Hit Books at Norfolk State

3/24/2009 11:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownDespite his affinity for combat, Chris Brown won't be a Spartan anytime soon -- as in the kind who attend Norfolk State University.

Brown was spotted on the campus grounds in his home state of Virginia this weekend. But TMZ has confirmed Brown was only there as a "support factor" for his cousin, who is a prospective student.

Brown, his mother and his cousin spent their Saturday taking the First View campus tour -- a guided, private trek through the entire Norfolk campus, including the dorms, the offices and the classrooms.

We're told some people recognized Brown on the tour, but sources close to the situation tell us, "People know what's going on with him and they were not paying him much attention at all."

We're also told Brown has "not applied," has "not enrolled" and is "not interested" in attending NSU at this point.

Too bad ... dude has a lot to learn.

Dumb @ss chris! Dumb @ss Fans!

If chris is innocent as his leeches, er I mean, fans say why doesn't he come out and say he is? how come he doesn't say "she hit me first!" huh????? why doesn't he do an interview to clear his "good" name??? hmm???? how come?????

All I know is, if this judge lets him off with a fine then we all need to go over to that court house and protest injustice!!!

# 22 AMEN! YOU SAID EVERYTHING THAT THOSE OF US WITH BRAINS ARE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

Letitgo

You people make me sick with the negativity. This young man deserves to have an education just like your ass. My kid goes to Norfolk State University and he thinks it would be a great pleasure to have CB on campus. Why don't you ass wipes talk about that Druggie Michaeal Phelps. Ohhhhhh I see it's okay for your children to accept a drug smoking swimmer as their role model you people are stupid. Leave this gay alone. By the way if you never buy anymore of his music he still will have more money than you!!!!!! LOL

T

@27 I totally agree with you. Thank you.

Bear

He should at least think about getting his dumbass in college - maybe then he would learn something productive. BTW Barbara - did your abuser tell you to stick up for this abuser? Keep on him TMZZZZZZZ!

Stephanie

THE ONLY PERSON WHO HURT CHRIS AND SHOULD REALLY HAVE HATRED FOR WHAT HE DID IS RIHANNA
GUESS WHAT UNLIKE TMZ, WHO ARE JUST HATERS AND LIKE ALL THE OTHER WHITE MEDIA COMPANIES, SHE HAS MOVE ON AND DOESN'T HATE CHRIS.

THIS STORY IS OLD NOW, WHEN DID IT HAPPEN FEB, WE ARE ALMOST IN APRIL NOW, STOP DRAGGING IT ON, YOU PEOPLE WERE NEVER INTERESTED IN THIS BLACK COUPLE B4, YOU COULDN'T CARELESS ABOUT RIHANNA AND CHRIS AND NOW YOUR ACTING ALL HYPE OVER THEM, SINCE WHEN DID YOUR SITE CARE ABOUT A BLACK WOMAN'S WELL BEING? LOL, WE ALL KNOW YOU HAVE HATE FOR THE BLACK MAN, MOST OF UR VISITERS ARE RACIST LIKE THE SITE, TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE.

Angel

The phoney outrage on TMZ directed at CB is truly amazing. people sayin that violence is wrong but advocating violence against CB. The rants here remind me of the way republications behave when bloggong against Obama, totally corney, over the top and somewhat irrational.

Its clear that CB did retaliate after Rihanna refused to leave the car after she hit him, but I'm not convinced that it was as brutal as the affidavit said. The corrupt LAPD probably filled in some of the blanks with punches.

Stephanie

I MEANT WHO HURT RIHANNA, WHO SHOULD BE HATING CHRIS IS RIHANNA BUT SHE DOESN'T!!!!
MOVE ON, GET OVER IT, IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD

T

@ #35 and #22 along with that you can protest all of the murderers,
drug dealers, prostitutes, child molesters, drug addicts and all of
the others that are in the systems and do not get the time they need.
You are the true leeches, you want someone like him to fall so you
and your pathetics lives can look better. You probaly didn't know
what domestic abuse or violence was until this casue. You probaly
never heard of the two until this case as well. If you need to take
up a casue start with the others that abuse women, but you chicken
hearted cowards wouldn't do that, b/c you think you have an easy
target. Get your heads out of your self-righteous a**es and just
don't try to comment b/c if you did see him all you would do is not
say a word to him.

SIENNA IS A HOMEWRECKING WHORE

LOL...OF COURSE not...this loser thug is too stupid for the after school program let alone a university. what university in the right mind would consider him? he'll be reduced to selling drugs on the corner in no time that is if he doesn't end up in jail. his career is over and he's too dumb to do anything but sing and dance. LOL. couldn't have happened to a more deserving moron. :-)

hate her

Doesn't matter what you all think!!! For the people who realize the truth, thanks for the affirmations!!!1For the ones who just want to bash somebody who has had nothing reported about him to date but good character, but who want to defend the psychotic lady who violently bashed her brother over the head with a bottle and who made the first punch (and most of them in between I'm sure)-have your day because very soon it is all coming to an end!!!! The truth is coming out and I can't wait to see how all of you feel about your little victim then.

Thank you so much whoever made the comment that Chris got much love and people asked for his autograph on the college campus!!!That let's all of you judgemental idiots on this site know that despite what you people might think, Chris Brown has a lot of support. The people who are familiar with his character know just what a nice guy he is, and we support him because of that!!! It's not about how well he can sing or dance or how cute he is, it's more so that we know that this story does not add up-that she has a history of violence-that she was the one who had to know his every move, didn't want him to speak to people, etc. Those are the characteristics of a batterer, and she is the one who acts that way!!!

So for all of you who think that I'm Chris Brown or his lawyer you're pathetic. I just thought that I could reason with intelligent people and help them to see how crazy her story sounds but if you want to remain closed minded and judgemental, that's you.

And if you think that I'm judging Rihanna, I'm not. I'm just using the information that has been reported about her since the realtionship began and listening to people talk about how jealous she has been-then I look at the picture and know without a shadow of a doubt that she was not punched repeatedly-then I look at an affadavit that ends up saying she sat on her attacker's keys. THAT IS NOT A BATTERED WOMAN!!!!

To you who said that I must be a battered woman-I'm not now but I have been, and that's how I know that her story is not coming together and I'm determined to prove it!!!!

Real batterers deserve punishment -that's why Rihanna needs to go to jail. She's been abusing Chris since the relationship started.

And to you who says that your husband doesn't hit women-that's great and I'm happy for you!!! Now I want you and your husband to get inside of a stick shift car and let him drive. Now while he is driving you continuosly slap him and punch him and just see what he does. (keep in mind that your husband is not a 19 year old kid who's been slapped around by you a million times before.)

The point is, NO ONE DESERVES TO BE ABUSED-NOT RIHANNA AND NOT CHRIS. SHE NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED JUST AS MUCH AS HE DOES AND I HOPE THAT IT HAPPENS AS SOON AS PEOPLE REALIZE HOW RIDICULOUS HER AFFADAVIT IS AND LOOK AT THAT PICTURE AGAIN AND REALIZE SHE WASN'T REPEATEDLY PUNCHED!!!! AND I'M DETERMINED TO DO MY PART TO PROVE IT!!! SO ALL OF YOU HATERS SHOULD JUST GET OVER IT BECAUSE I'M GOING TO KEEP ON POSTING BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT WHAT'S BEING REPORTED IS NOT THE WHOLE STORY!!!!

2047 days ago

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

LEAVE CHRIS BROWN ALONE, PLEASE!

TMZ LEAVE HIM ALONE, AND THE REST OF YOU JUDGEMENTAL AHOLES, WHO HAS NEVER MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE.

LEAVE HIM ALONE

Angel

#45, real classy, he's black so he must resort to drugs or go to jail. SMH. So transparent.

lls

Just thinking ~ If you spent the energy that you do worrying about Brown and Rihanna on something like a JOB then, you would not have to wait on that government welfare check! Good gawd woman, get over it and invest that energy in to something more productive!

SIENNA IS A HOMEWRECKING WHORE

#48...ummm NO, he's DUMB and has criminal tendencies if he beats the crap out of someone he loves and leaves them on the road like road kill...NOT because he's black, because he's a dumb animal. why are some black people so quick to yell "racism"??? lol...you should go see my comment about Rihanna, see what I wrote and then call me racist...she is still black right? I may need to go change my comment now that I know she's black and I'm such a racist. GET A GRIP people...we have a black president who I voted for...the racism argument is so old and worn it's comical these days.

Angel

@Chris brown is a bitch, I never said you were a racist but sterotyping is something that is so deep in people like you that you are not even conscious of it. I say that because drugs is not the next logical step if someone looses their career. How come you didnt pick something else like he may commit suicide, he may have to work in walmart, he may have to sweep the streets and dont say no one will hire him cause ex cons get jobs like that all the time.

Jail and drugs are always associated with young black men thats all. There are people who are commenting on Cb and saying he's a rapper and guess why? They're sterotyping cause he's young and black and in the music industry. Don't be so defensive and touchy about it. What you're doing is not exactly racism. I'm sure Obama wouldnt call his grandmother a racist cause she loved and card for him but she was still afraid of black men because she sterotyped them to be dangerous. Obama's own words.