Bye Bye, T.I.

3/27/2009 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.T.I. is going to the pokey for a year and a day.

An Atlanta federal court just sentenced the 28-year-old rapper on federal weapons charges related to buying machine guns and silencers.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was also ordered to pay $100,300 in fines.

He has between 30 and 60 days to report to prison.

SJ

I love you T.I !!! Chin up Tiny!! Much Love!! We will miss you! ***You ain't missin nuthin***

BaldOuting.blogspot.com

why was he buying these crazy weapons? what was the purpose? if it was to make a profit, i don't get it, because he's got his own money from rapping/acting. i just don't understand why he would risk all this for some guns.

The REAL DEAL

Yet again, TMZ has provided us all another fine example of a black role model. Someone, anyone please take a stand to get this "community" of the black race back on some sort of path of civility to stop the total destruction of this country by their animal like behaviors and total lack of respect for others.

LJ1468

#14. The statement you made was vulgar and racist. If you do notl like a person fine, that is your right. To call a person a "SPOOK" is out of line. I wonder if you would do this in person in front of "Real Spook Thugs" I think not.........COWARD!

demis bicycle seat

i hope he drops the soap many times the thug belongs in jail for a long long time lock him up and throw away the key

Tracey

Some of you people are actually mad at the people celebrating him going to prison and they should think about his kids and family who are losing a father/friend whatever?! Don't you think he should've been the ONE to think about his OWN kids and family who will now lose him because of an immature/testosteron induced night?!?

He tried to redeem himself probably because he knew what he did was wrong. Kudos to him, I'm sure he did help some kids. It wasn't a total loss some good did come of it.

the man

SEE YA DUMB ASS!!!!! I swear, these rappers and hollywood dueche bags just cant get enough.. is being rich, famous, and somewhat untouchable NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU???? GET A CLUE.. when your done serving time, im dure DWTS will call you...

Fan Since 2007!!!

BYE PUNK!!!

Bill Cosby

HE needs to think about his kids and family. NOT ME! I DIDN'T go out and buy AUTOMATIC MACHINEGUNS & SILENCERS!! Maybe he should have thought of his family before trying to buy those HIGHLY ILLEGAL items. Those items are not just guns. They are used to KILL! What exactly was he gonna do with them anyway? It's in NO WAY MY RESPONSIBILITY to give a damn about him or his family. That's HIS job.

Rebie Johnson

T.I. ATTEMPTED TO BUY THE GUNS/SILENCERS RIGHT AFTER THE DEATH OF HIS BEST FRIEND, NO EXCUSE, BUT I THINK HE WAS SPOOKED BY THE DRIVE BY SHOOTING, HE MANNED UP AND TRIED TO DISCOURAGE THE YOUTHS THAT WERE IN DANGER OF MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES. BIG UPS TO YOU T.I.

Teflon tv

Dumb Dumb How you in jail over a lame reason GUNS and who was you going to shoot T.LIE Huh SpittItClearRecords & Symon Dagrapp I will not spare you a chance to return.

Courty

To Sono: He was active in community service prior to these charges, he gave away bikes and toys to kids in atlanta and was involved in other charitable organizations and events

To THE REAL DEAL: First off, before you can analyze someone elses choices you must be in their shoes . Also, while you criticize the black community and our so called lack of role models, I would like you to refer to the lindsey lohans, b.spears, and paris hiltons of the white community before attacking our lack of role models. Your statement only perpetuates the medias desire to only expose a handful of black men who have made the wrong choices in life, rather than highlighting the thousands or millions of african american men that serve their community and are upstanding citizens.

Courty

If you didn't give a damn then why are you commenting?

ozzman

jackass...

Fan Since 2007!!!

A pile of illegal weapons and the fool pleads not guilty to save face. Should.ve been "guilty" for the street cred alone. What an idiot.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments