"Dr. Phil" Triggers Seizure

3/31/2009 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A couple who went on "Dr. Phil" to confess to their shoplifting lifestyle just got their home raided by cops -- we're thinking they should be imprisoned for felony dumb.

Dr Phil

The San Diego Regional Fraud Task Force seized toys, a car and other stuff from Laura and Matthew Eaton's home. Cops were on the hunt for the pilfered items which the couple says were worth around $100,000 a year.

During the "Dr. Phil" special, the Eatons allowed cameras to film them hitting up 27 stores on a three-day, $5,000 shoplifting extravaganza. The U.S. Secret Service confirmed to the The North County Times that a search warrant was issued last Thursday, but no arrests have been made.

Fact is, this was so yesterday -- the show aired during November sweeps. Phil's March book is all about OctoMom -- investigate her!

play video

jr70895

Ha Ha Bitches!!!

Kelli

What idiots, I heard about that episode and knew that would happen.

ya right

I wonder if they are also gona bust that girl on last night's show that admits to selling sex on Craig's List!!! at least once they get off the Dr. Phil show they can get on the America's Dumbest Criminals show

ME

IF YOU'RE STUPID ENOUGH TO GO ON TV AND ADMIT TO A CRIME YOU DESERVE TO GET YOUR ASS BUSTED.

TG

Is Dr.Phil a show on in the daytime? I hear about it, but I am at work so I have never seen it.

VioletteUK

Swift Justice?
The law moves at an incredible speed!
5 months to get enough evidence??
Bladdy 'ell!
Foolish eejits...all of them!

blk-wido

They just don't get any dumber than this...i hope send em to the other side of the border...San Diego. See if they steal their way back! lol some people!?!!

Justin

I bet they're Republicans, sounds like typical Palin supporters to me

What do you look like?

#8 J - LOL!

Wow

Hey, J, keep your stupid partisan comments to yourself. Republicans pay for their purchases, their healthcare, their children, their homes, I could go on and one. As far as this Einstein couple, they got what they deserve. When others shoplift, all of us have to pay to make up the differnece. I hope they go to jail.

fans of President Obama

This is great.

Good job, Dr. Phil.

I hope they get locked up with a booty bandit named Bubba. LOL

Dave

Wow Rainbow68...Maybe you ought to spell-check before you go "on and one" again! Stupid Republican!

Barb

Dr Phil sets up his patients. They try to get help from him and he uses them. Once they tell him what they did, he blackmails them. Either you stay here and tell everyone your humilating problem, or I'll call the cops and turn you in and use everything you told me in confidence to put you in jail. He's not out to help these people, just use them for his show.

Wow

Sorry my spelling error threw you off, Dave. Maybe your mommy can help you read it.

1995 days ago

lisa

Why does anyone listen to Dr. Phil. Look at his son's. One is a lazy, rude spoiled brat. The other married some plastic Playmate. That son tells kids that "inner beauty" is more important. REALLY? And then Dr. Phil does eating disorders for women!! Please. I will take Dr. Drew over Dr. Phil.

1995 days ago