Chris Brown Pleads Not Guilty

4/6/2009 7:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown has just pled not guilty to two felonies -- assault and making criminal threats.

Chris Brown: Click to watch
With ex girlfriend Rihanna nowhere in sight, Brown showed up at L.A. County criminal courthouse to face the music for allegedly beating the crap out of her back in February.

Sources inside the courtroom say Chris' mom spent the entire preliminary hearing either in tears or praying for her 19-year-old son. We're told a handful of Chris' friends and four bodyguards were also there to show support.

Brown is due back in court on April 29.

Drake00

I think in my opinion that Chris Brown will probably more and likely get community service, pay some fines, the judge will order him to go to anger management for a few months, and then around mid-summer he will be back in the studio finishing up on a new album I'm sure.

He makes me ill. Celebrities are just like the rest of us they should get punished like the rest of us.

YeahRight

Let's see your tried to find the most menacing photo of Chris Brown didn't you? Way to go Chris! Don't let the court of public opinion try and convict you. You stand your ground and plead your case. If you have to do any time which most people think you won't but if you do it will be at max 3-6 months. Your fans will still be waiting. Keep your faith and keep your head up. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

P.S- You are so freakin' hot!!! Move over Tina Brown this Cougar would definately date you!!!

nieka

stay strong chris i will keep praying for you

gary

stay strong chris! you'll need all the strength you can get to fight off bubba!

lovergirl

lol look at his face, pleading not guilty was not a smart decision to make

Madonna

HEY 15... I WAS #4 NOT #3, AND HAVE YOU SEEN THE STANDARDS OF TEACHING IN NYC? ONLY THING WORSE IS LA UNIFIED.... LA IS A COLONY OF WATERHEADS. IF ANYONE READING THIS IS FROM LA, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND MAKE YOUR MOM PROUD GO OVERDOSE. BROWN IS INNOCENT, RIHANNA ASKED HIM TO "TOUCH UP" HER MAKE UP. :)

AndersonBrown

chris brown looked so good and he does care about this because if he did not then he would be here right now he would be in cabo or something

Stephanie

HIS INNOCENT!!!!

Tony A.A.

Well there you go. Fak Hollywood. FAK THE WORLD.

Amazing what money can make. Im sure they paid the judge to turn this around and make him plead not guilty. BECAUSE THEY HAVE PURE, 100% PURE EVIDENCE that he beat Rihanna.

Amazing, just like they did with Michael Jackson that was plead not guilty for raping young kids, when the guy is a totally phsyco and is raping his little boys at this very minute.

Money makes the world go round.

And if you're a high power person with lotsa money.......forget it that the case will always be at your favor as long as you got money.

The guy's a woman beater. And Im sure any random person can beat his very own Girlfriend or wife and goes to jail IMMEDIATELY.

Hollywood is trash. The world is trash. I hope God sends one of his messiah to oranize this frickin fauked up world.

I HATE YOU!!!! I HATE YOU CRHIS BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didnt face your responsability and didnt act like a man YOU FAUKING COWARD!!!

Karma is comming for you. But man I will hate you until the day I see you ROTTENED UP in Jail.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

ATLchick

I don't think it's ok to hit a women, or any human being for that matter, however I don't think he deserves jail time.

AndersonBrown

he is innocent so see you on the 29 haters

AndersonBrown

he is so fine

Kim

Chris Brown,is another O.J. Simpson,in the making..All of you taking up for him,I'm sure are young teenage fans.Your words are childish..I have children,and if any man,did this to my daughter,he would have disappeared already..Chris Brown,you are a bully,a loser,and now,a has been..I hope your next career is at Burger King..You piece of trash!

talbert45

Alright tell me what you think.He is going to be put on probation and get a fine.Did you see how cool he was.It's like he knew what was going to happen.I hate to say it Chris is going to walk.I don't care how they spin it.TMZ,MTV E-online and all the rest CHRIS BROWN si going to walk What i mean by that he will only get fine and probation.Because it felony assult and making criminal threats.This anit s***.Thank you so much TMZ,MTV and all the rest of you lying motherf***** For lying to us Chris Brown charges went from D.V.To felony assult.They knew this and all of us fall for it.Now i'am piss-off with this hole CIRCUSthat what this was

Gaz0038

I think everyone should stop judging both of them. Only them two know what happen.
Whatever happens, they are the ones who will deal with the consequences.