Claudia Jordan to Miss Cali:

Work That Gay Room

4/20/2009 7:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miss USA judge Claudia Jordan tells us Miss California Carrie Prejean didn't play to her audience when she said "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman."

Claudia says, "She should have known her audience better. There's only like five straight guys in the audience at the pageant." You gotta love Claudia!

Launch photosThe former Briefcase #1 model on "Deal or No Deal" says, "I don't agree with what she said, but I don't think she's evil."

And we saved the best for last: "I've been in pageants, and I've been on TMZ, so I know what it's like when you screw up what you meant to say." First of all, love the honesty, Claudia. Second of all, exactly what part did Carrie misspeak?

Wow

In this politically correct world, she easily could've said the expected answer. When she said what she said, I said, "She just lost the crown, but she answered honestly." Sure enough, she lost the crown. Today, there have been many nasty things said about her. Courage under fire. Hold your head high, Carrie!

Maggie

This liberal PC rubbish is just getting worse. If you don't like the stimulus package, you are a racist redneck. If you have moral beliefs about marriage you are a homophobe. Good for Miss USA for having some morals and manners in this filthy "do whatever you want as long as you agree with me" age we are in. Homosexuals are just getting way out of line with this crap and need to be stopped, NOW! Here is a clue...its America, its called free speech, its called the right to hold your own religious and moral beliefs.

Mariah

I hear ya, 31 (Anna Banana):

Very self-serving question on Perez Hilton's part.

rminva

Last time I checked....first amendment rights were protected. Why is it that those that claim to be the most tolerant, are only tolerant when you believe the same as they do?

the truth....

.....second place is the first loser!

PC

I'm sure this has been mentioned but didn't anyone think that the question was inappropriate? Regardless of my personal disagreement with Miss California (I could care less who wants to get married - as long as it's not me), I think a Miss USA pageant (or any pageant-type environment) is not the appropriate place to ask this question. Asking a divisive political question is completely wrong. Also, what type of a hypocrite is Hilton? Why doesn't he bash Obama for openly stating that he believes marriage is only between a man and woman (Obama has said this to the Chicago Tribune).

Also, why does no one in California talk about the fact that Prop 8 passed because African-Americans (over 80% against gay marriage) and Latinos (over 60%) largely supported Prop 8? Why, instead, is all the venom being reserved for the Mormons (white people and Asians were each a little over 50% in supporting the ban)? Why doesn't Hilton, or the mainstream media bring up these facts?

This is one thing I can't stand about people like Perez Hilton and many in the media (Fox & MSNBC come to mind), always the first to make hateful statements while using the 1st amendment as a shield, and be the first to proclaim that others who do not think like him cannot make what he interprets to be hateful statements. America is great because we can say what we say - and further because we have to accept the consequences of what we said. Miss California paid the price for her comments. Douches like Hilton, instead of owning up to the crap he posts on his website, hides behind a litany of excuses.

jksisco

Carrie Prejean has no reason to be ashamed, nor should she have to be ridiculed for her BELIEFS. As a matter of principle, Gays and Lesbians should not being denying someone else the right to free speech, whether they agree with them or not.

totoafrica

In this country we have gone from just having to tollerate gays, to completly accepting them. If you do not accept them, you are viewed as evil. It's time to take a stand.

UGGGGHHH

That cost her the crown her remarks on the gay thing.

alic7

I actually want to respond to the Perez comments, but his site wont' let me log on. She had every right to say what she said and I commend her on doing so. I saw the look on his face when he didn't get the answer he wanted, and what it proved to me is that he ONLY asked that question to advocate gay rights. He assumed she would answer the question in a non-controversial way- or pro-gay. Let gays be gays, let hetrosexuals be hetrosexuals. Fight your own battle Perez! Don't pull us along. Every one that insulted you on your webiste... you insulted back. You didn't listen - you attacked. Not helping your fight, man. Not the way to get prople to understand, listen and learn. And why is it that all you gay men have to talk about man sex in almost evey photo you put up???????????? What scares me about the whole thing is that you all seem a bit perverted. Give me something to root (sp) for! Not just perverted thougts. If I see that, I'll back you all the way.

Jana

Ms. Cali was honest and correct. Just because your immediate audience does not hold your beliefs is no reason for you to change your beliefs. It's sad people are judging Ms. Cali since she was honest. I would rather know someone is telling me the truth instead of playing the audience like a politician!!

John

Gay marriage is a matter of civil rights, not political correctness. The political Right is trying to squelch speech by diminishing the issue as a matter of political correctness and/or trying to complicate it by confusing it with religious marriage/rights. She is welcome to say what she believes, even if it is, as in this case, discriminatory and distasteful. The same goes for Perez. She or Perez do not, however, have the right to be free from criticism or the consequences of such distasteful words. Notice that no one tried to stop her, but everyone is trying to squelch criticism of her rather confusing and evasive ("I think I believe"? Do you or don't you?) stance. Looks like it's not the left that's trying to censor people....

John

Wow, the right is really showing its true colors on this message board. Apparently the struggle for civil rights is just a matter of political correctness. Wow. Ms. Prejean can vote because some people took the "PC" road and had the audacity to suggest women were competent. The suggestion that she lost is just bitter grapes. The only thing that will come out of it is that other idiot beauty queens will say something controversial so that they can blame it on someone else, rather than taking responsibility for not making the grade. I love when the conservatives stick up for this beauty queen for sort of kind of standing up for her beliefs (remember that she said "I think I believe" not "I believe"), while they crap all over Obama for doing the same. Sticking up for his beliefs apparently isn't okay when they conflict with these rightwingers'.

Chucky

"Play to her Audience" Yeah, and what exactly did happen to Prop 8? That's right it was SHOT DOWN, The people have spoken.

Silly Homo Perez "Dix are for Chicks" so go be a homo somewhere else.

Amanda

as someone of Vermont i do not agree with what california said, i support gay marriage, gays and lesbians are not hurting anyone by getting married and having or adopting kids, she is so closed minded