'True Blood' Vamp -- 'What's Twilight?'

4/20/2009 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We asked "True Blood" bloodsucker Stephen Moyer, who was out in Malibu with GF and co-star Anna Paquin, who was hotter: The vampires from "True Blood" or the younger "Twilight" ones?

True Blood -- play video

Do we detect a little cattiness among fictional vampires?

jaybay

The allure of the True Blood series, for me, is the deep parallels the vampire community has to real life. Vampires in True Blood, since they have 'come out of the casket', can be related to the fight for rights for the homosexual community in the real world. I am an avid supporter of the show and I was happy to find that its plot lines DO have significance, unlike the Twilight series. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Twilight books, but the True Blood series is an adult series with adult themes and by adult themes, I don't mean just sex and gore, I mean relevant issues pertaining to real life controversies.That's my two cents.

1966 days ago

scarlet

true blood all the way baby!

1965 days ago

vonney

you guys are pathetic how about you leave the true blood and the twilght actors alone!!!
for you information Twilght kicks True bloods in many ways!!!
I aint no teenager in 24 and i hate true blood!!
Twilght fans you rock!!!

1947 days ago

Michael Madsen

This story SUCKS...

1983 days ago

Tonya

Lost Boys' Billy Wirth, Keifer Sutherland and Jason Patric were hotter...

1983 days ago

Sia

It doesn't matter if you like Twilight or not IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE AND I LOVE THE BOOKS BECAUSE THEIR NOT like other vampire stories.

PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND TWILIGHT IS A LOVE STORY SO GET OVER IT !!

AND TRUE BLOOD HAS NOTHING ON TWILIGHT ! TWILIGHT'S story and books are better and the True Blood show is a bunch of OLD NASTY DIRTY MEN and if you like that hey all the more love to you BUT THERES ALOT OF TWILIGHT FANS AND WELL

WE KNOW TWILIGHT IS A HOT CAST !!!

1983 days ago

Norwaybabe

Eh what the f"%¤ is True blood???? *lol*

1983 days ago

Grow Up!

I think both are awesome!! I love vampire tales & romance... in true blood.. i think Bill & Eric are HOT!!! Lafayette is hella funny!! sucks taht hes not in the books..

1983 days ago

Brandi

Ehh Twilight doesn't have nothing on True Blood lol I like them both but Charlene Harris is a waaay better at writing than Stephenie Meyers. And Helllooo Stephen Moyer is so fine haha esp. when he's playing a vamp lol and I'm only 21 so I still don't consider myself old. I just think that I have taste!

1983 days ago

Sia

oh Sanna,
Don't tell us we don't know anything and that Twilight is only a teenage love story. IF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE of different ages ARE OBESSED OVER SOME LOVE STORY why the hell isn't the sookie books selling more because there written so well and have the upper hand on Twilight ?
oh please SHUT UP THE HELL ! I've read the first two books from the sookie series and I HATED THEM BUT HEY WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS !

AND WHY THE HELL CAN'T VAMPIRES SPARKLE ? YEA THAT'S RIGHT THEIR NOT REAL !

1983 days ago

hahahaha!

Twilight was absolutely terrible! whiney mopey teens overacting ... no thanks. I'll take the hot sexy adult story that is True Blood any day... you tweens can keep your glittery moody wanna be vamps. I do agree with poster #2 Lost Boys (and especially Billy Wirth) were the original HOT vamps!

1983 days ago

You are all obviously children or teenagers, especially the Twilight
fans; it's evident from your terrible grammar and spelling.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!

1983 days ago

.:Loki 4Ever:.

OMG, True Blood BLOWS Twilight away.... Twilight is just full of teenage angst and a lot of annoying gazes... hardly call it a real vampire movie. True Blood is awesome!

1983 days ago

hahahaha!

Twilight IS like every other vamp story... jeeze people read a little bit. The only thing even slightly original is that they still choose to attend high shcool despite their vampire age.. Anne Rice's take with Claudia and her problems dealing with forever being a child was much much more original, and Lost Boys lawlessness was more probable behavior for humans suddenly not having to play by the rules. The vamp - human love story is not even remotely unique, it's the most common vampire theme of all time. And as for the glittering thing...again NOT very original .. Anne Rice was the first to expand on the inhumane condition of the vampire skin.. it's look and glow... sparkly is again.. so very teen. As for Stephenie Meyer selling more books .. that poster might want to go check Charlaine Harris' credentials.. she has writen dozens of books and has had great success. Stephenie Meyers has written 4 in 3yrs .. Stephen King another well established and very successful author says she can't write for crap (my kids 19 and 17 agree with him) and even the director of Twilight refused to direct the remake. So you fans can love the movie but you aren't going to convince anyone who has actually read other vampire themed books or series ... or watched other great vampire movies that Twilight and/or Stephenie Meyer is the 'best ever' in their genre.

1982 days ago

hahahaha!

** sorry meant to say that the director of Twilight refused to direct the 'sequel' New Moon, or whatever it is.

1982 days ago