'Sopranos' Star Calls In a Hit Over Miss Cali

4/22/2009 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who played Johnny Sack is so pissed off about the Miss California controversy -- he called in to the TMZ tipline to unload!

Johnny Sack - Play audio

According to our first celebrity voicemail, Vince Curatola is furious with certain people (blogger Perez Hilton, in particular) for bashing Miss California Carrie Prejean after she voiced her opinion on gay marriage -- calling the attacks "disgusting."

Curatola even issued Perez a challenge -- "I wish he'd come after me that way."

You Go, Judge Joe

What makes one viewpoint (Hilton) more important than another? My teenager and I watched the pageant, and once Miss CA answered her question, we both knew there was going to be a huge backlash. I applaud Miss CA - at least she had the courage to voice her values to a world audience.

My personal opinion is that everyone should be happy. Everyone should be able to believe in what they want. Everyone should be able to choose their religion. Everyone should not be persecuted.

Give it a rest!

Jancee

I can't believe how hypocritical people can be. Perez is totally a bigot and he does not even see it! He is intolerant of other people's beliefs if they are not the same as his. He is so devoted to his cause, that he cannot open his mind to the fact that other people don't see things the same way. Perez, and many others, are trying to bully people into believing how they believe. That is definately the definition of a bigot. You'd think he would know how hurtful it is to have someone attack you for what you are when that is what he has been fighting for for himself!

SoCal Razzles

Seriously to all the Perez's out there: you don't have to "shock" or "bully" people into getting your point across. It's really not necessary and makes you all look like insane extremists, which in turn only creates more resistance to your cause. Both sides are getting a little out of control and crossing lines that aren't going to make anything any better for anyone.

Both sides need to educate people CLEARLY on your intentions and goals...then leave it to the vote. It will be what it will be.

In the meantime exercise some class and tact...seriously.

Joe

Congrats to the gay community for having a vulgar d-bag like Perez Hilton as your spokesperson. If middle America was slowly becoming more sympathetic to gays, that flaming freak Perez just damaged your cause. While your opposition now has a gorgeous blonde martyr on their side. Brilliant move, Perez!

Jean

I'm NEVER going to PerezHilton's site again. After this, I've lost TOTAL RESPECT for him. The name calling and trashing this girl simply for her opinion was outrageous.

pat

He didn't ask her to give an opinion on gay marriage. He asked if other states should follow Vermont in allowing gay marriage. All she had to say was I think each state should decide that for themselves. How can you punish people for the way they were born. People don't decide one day, I think I will be gay. All people in this country should have the same rights. I know gay people in long term committed relationships who are happier than most of the married couples I know. That includes me. Please spare me the religious talk. I am Catholic. I went to Catholic school for twelve years. In grade school the nuns were some of the cruelest people I have ever met, even to this day. They taught intolerence back then. I was lucky to have parents who taught me to accept people for who they are. My father was in the Army during WWII, at the liberation of the death camps. He always told me hate was the real evil in this world. He saw first hand what hate could do. He was a wise man. He taught his children not to judge other people. For all the bible thumpers, wouldn't that be playing God? Who are you to judge?

Edumacated

39. Uh, freedom of speech only prohibits the government from censoring people. It doesn't prevent people from responding to an answer that affects millions of Americans. Nor does it prevent a private organization from squeezing her out (as the conservative talking heads suggest...perhaps they've forgotten the bigoted Boy Scouts who forced people out simply for their sexual orientation?). ....

Posted at 6:23PM on Apr 22nd 2009 by John
***************************************

Yeah, because everyone knows there's no danger whatsoever in having a bunch of gay men go on overnight camping sleepovers with young boys. Gay men are NEVER sexually attracted to cute young boys. Right?.

shawn

lol you guys keep saying she has freedom of speech, yes she does, but as with all speech there are reprocusions to being a bigot, and whether you like it or not that is what she is, your saying a large group of human beings dont have the same LEGAL rights as yourself has nothing to do with religous beliefs, and if we apply religon to this fine, she is an unmarried woman unclothed in front of many unmarried men in public we can find tons in the bible on that, the reason we feel sorry for her is simple she is a very attractive woman period that is it. If a person is competing for an event publicly and states they don't believe that other human beings have should have the same legal rights as they do because they are lets say branch davidians we call them nuts, and they wont win the competition. I have nothing wrong with what she said I here alot worse every day, I would love for the people that agree with her to live in any gay person shoes for one day, you can easily catch anti gay humor or comments on tv any time of day, online, in church, you have to watch what you say and do when you and your partner of 18 years walks down a store isle so we dont offend the redneck knocked up three times married person next to you. You have to pay tax's and work hard only to have people that usually are on welfare or ssi saying how sick you are while your paying for their childeren to go to school and for them to eat pizza, on the recliner, in the trailer by the truck on sider blocks next to the plastic pool pass judgement on you. You have to watch everything you say in public, because the "people have freedom of speech" guys will beat you, kill you, destroy your property, harass you, mentally torture you and your family to get you to move or for "fun". All this comes up when you have a person in her underwear and face covered in makeup to hide what she is really like, and hairspray to hold up her cloths, vaseline on her teeth, talking about her religous beliefs now that is a hypocrit. I know we all feel very sorry the poor girl didnt get her title from a company and a business ran and operated by alot of gays, We are sad that this angel of god was judged. IT was miss america not miss religous america. It was like watch a klan person going to a black panther march talking about how they shouldnt have the rights she does because she is good they are bad. I don't blame all the macho men running around saying what they would do to all those gays for being mean to her, they can't help it, they just saw a pretty lady in her underwear their minds are fixed on defense mode, and you cannot talk, comprimise, or debate the issue with that, as any of you have seen when you see a bunch of guys at a bar around the pretty girls logic goes way out the window and hormones take over. But she iisn't a victim of anything but her decision to state what is a statment against equal rights, oh before you start yes i know most don't see it like that well your not gay, your not the group who she just told all the impressionable kids that your not equal to them, so you will not see it different ever.

shawn

p.s. as for all the freedom of speech qoutes there is no such thing, speech is limited and can be considered illegal when in effect it causes harm, or will cause harm, or is used to terrorize, slander, deflamation, and so on so there are tons of limits to speech.

TMZ hits a new low

I could not give a rat's ass about what Vince has to say, but when he was Johnny Sack, he was fantastic! Then losing a bunch of weight to play a dying Johnny. Brilliant. Holy crap I miss that show. By the way, Perez and Harvey are tied for Biggest Douche of the Year award, but Miss California is still a dumb bag of rocks. She's from San Diego, which gives a pallor to my city. We're not all the dense or narrow minded. Equal opportunity marriage for ALL Americans!

pat

Also, I don't think Perez Hilton is the new voice for gay people. Stupid people say stupid things. Look what Mel Gibson says when he gets drunk. How about Rush Limbaugh. I don't know how you spell his last name nor do I care. He is so full of hate, that guy. Republicans were quick to come out and say he doesn't speak for us. I think the majority of gay people would say Perez Hilton does not represent us. That was just his opinion.

Lala

I think the gal spoke the truth from hosw she feels - and should not be ridiculed for it.....besides that, the question had absolutely no place in that competition. If you are going to ask about gay marriage, then ask about abortion, politics, about welfare, whatever the hell is is a matter of personal opinion and should have no bearing on your work position.

Saying that, I a a heterosexual Texas housewife - married to a cop to top it off. I think gay marriage is just fine. Hell, heteros screw it up all of the time....same goes for parenting children: can we get one more hetero that strangles, stabs, or drowns thier own kid? How about a good ol' boyfriend that beats a baby to death and the mother of the child defends him? Then you have gay parents that want to adopt Aids abies and no one will let them..... I say take a test and whomever the best parent is wins.

Jus' sayin'

Mercy

The pink pig is getting his ...we are creating a show where a parody of perez will be the highlight.
If you ever viewed ' Weird Science ' remember when Chet was turned into a gigantic turd ? That is exactly how perez will be featured with a copy of his head on top of the big turd trying to get interviews on the red carpet , stay tuned ...the tables will be turned on that miserable phony pig...

TMZ hits a new low

Wow, there are a lot of biggot-haters on this site. Hoy sheet, who knew? I would have thought TMZ readers to be a bit more open minded. But you're just celebrity fockers and closeted haters of gays and lesbians. Yikes, what a bunch of freaks. No one said it better than #50.

GAYANDLOVINGIT

I DONT GET WHY THIS BITCH IS AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE, IT LOOKS LIKE A DRAG QUEEN DID HER MAKEUP. I LIKE THE **REAL** WINNER ANYWAYS, HOW DO YOU THINK THIS ALL MAKES THE WINNER FEEL??? BESIDES WHO CARES IF ALL YOU IDIOTS WERENT MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OF ALL THIS IT WOULDNT BE NEWS. AMERICANS PROVE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THEY FOCUS ON EVERYTHING UNIMPORTANT AND ARE JUST PLAIN DUMB... JUST LIKE THIS UGLY TRANNY...