Kelis Files for

Divorce from Nas

4/30/2009 10:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis wants to end her marriage to Nas -- even though she's seven months pregnant.

Nas and Kelis
TMZ has learned Kelis filed for divorce today in L.A. County Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. She is asking for spousal support and child support. She is also asking for joint legal and physical custody of their unborn child.

We've learned the couple separated in the last two weeks.

Whitney

LOL @ people not knowing who Nas it.
I mean he's got SEVERAL records not even including colaborations he's done. Anyway, Kelis isn't just the milkshake girl either. She goes back as the female exploding on the scene with "Caught out there (I hate you)" It is what it is though, I'm not happy or sad because it's not my business. Let em live like normal humans.

1961 days ago

Cynthia

You people must live your lives in a box if you don't know who Nas & Kelis are!!! Get out a little more !!!

1958 days ago

Little Melvin

Im am amazed at the level of racist comments as much as the fact that those who havent heard of Nas and Kelis are so rude. The funny thing is, so many of these people know of Octomom and all these reality stars(makes no sense). Nas is one of the greatest rappers ever and Kelis is a R&B/Pop hit maker. I guess if your not in the spotlight 24/7 people forget that fast. As for the racism, please WAKE UP! We live on the same planet for a reason. If this planet is ever destroyed we all perish together. Lets learn to accept each other despite our skin color.LOVE, In honor of THE ONE!!!!!

1958 days ago

wow

wow you people amaze me!! just because they dont know who nas and kelis are doesnt make them racist!! just like im sure there are lots of black people out there who dont know who travis tritt is.... or how about miranda lambert... ever heard of them? It has nothing to do with race... it all depends on what genre you choose to listen to!!!

1951 days ago

life.

how do you guys not know who these people are? kelis is the one who sang the milkshake song and Nas is one of the greatest rappers alive. he is amazing! its just shocking how these people can be so iggnorant. anyway, this is sad. i don't want them to get a divorce,

1951 days ago

FiveTenBeauti

Thank you "HADTOTELLITLIKEITIS"!!!!! I could not have said it better myself. However, I can understand why so many of "the others" don't know who NAS and KELIS are...truth be told, I don't know who half of their celebs are. Truly we live in two seprate worlds.

Any way, obviously KELIS has her reasons for leaving him, but damn......of all people, NAS, is denying child support!? That totally negates all I thought he stood for.

Why do celebs get married in the first place? They all end up divorced, like marriage is a tour date or a role to be played.

1924 days ago

FiveTenBeauti

hey ssssss....TTTTTU...pid! remember......in the beginning there was DARKNESS!!!!

1924 days ago

Me

WHO?

1971 days ago

Serah

awwwww. I'm really sad about that! 2nd???

1971 days ago

tenn

MUST BE A SLOW NEWS DAY! NEVER HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE.
GO GILLES, SHAWN AND TY!!!

1971 days ago

friend

who dat ? yo-s... homie dont play dis

1971 days ago

LaffinAtcha

F'ing Hormonal Woman!

1971 days ago

Pamama

WHO???????? And who cares?????

1971 days ago

Brittney

WHO R THESE PEOPLE????

Are they even still famous???

TMZ, let's PLEASE go back to SNOUTFEST 2009 coverage!!! I love me some more swine flu stories!!!

1971 days ago

Ashley Puryear

Well i knew they werent going to last anyway... oh well things happen...
check out this picture of young dro.... me and two other girls...

1971 days ago