BBQ Joint: Swine Flu Keeps Folks from Piggin Out

5/1/2009 2:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton isn't the only mega-moron who thinks you can get swine flu from eating pork -- we talked to people at a classic BBQ place in Arizona, who pretty much told us the only thing more infectious than S.F. is stupidity.

Paris Hilton - swine flu

The folks at Porky's BBQ said their number one seller -- the juicy, tasty, mouth-watering pulled pork -- has dropped in sales by 40 percent since the "epidemic" struck Earth.

Another BBQ pit in L.A., The Oinkster, has even resorted to telling customers that they "offer BBQ pulled pork without a side of swine."

ginny

I bought pork a few days ago even though I am not that big of a pork eater because I feel bad for the pork industry because people are too ignorant to understand they cannot get the swine flu from pork. By the way, it was very yummy!!

1911 days ago

Brucef310

There is a better BBQ place on Gilbert Road just south of Juniper in Gilbert AZ. Also why is this such big news when 36,000 DIE FROM THE REGULAR FLU each year? If I recall 150 have died from this.

1911 days ago

Jessica

Hmmmm why was TMZ talking to a place in tiny little Prescott, AZ aka where I live? Who is in Prescott that they are interested in? Seems strange.

1911 days ago

mellon bruse N

OR anything the flu contacts beef vegies whatever.WASH you hands offten makes it can be tranfered by contact of about any type.FOOD handlers permit?.

1911 days ago

mellon bruse N

But go ahead and eat your PORK...are you NUTS?yes the 3 piggys in the USA had thier shots and the piggy in mexico maybe did`nt but look at all the transfer of the swine flu...you can get it many ways..contact beathing it and eating it.If it`s well cooked and didn`t come from mexico it could be OK but 400 school are closed because of the old days when 50 million died from it.Those pigs didn`t have thier shots and we didn`t have a treatment but if we use our treatment..it will get stronger every time untill we won`t have a treatment again and than it could be like the old days again.I`am not going to disney land NEVER so F off CBS.

1911 days ago

John

Oinkster IS AWESOME

1910 days ago

AQ

I'm amazed people (especially Americans it seems) are smart enough to remember to breath half the time with the BS they believe based on the media and our gov't. Did someone stop handing out common sense?

Here's a hint, you cannot get swine flu from pigs, unless perhaps you're a lonely man in Wyoming (albeit they prefer sheep). You are far more likely to die from the regular seasonal flu or being struck by lightening than you are to die from Swine flu. For that matter, it's not the flu that kills you, it's pre-existing medical conditions or allowing it to go into pneumonia and not getting treated.

*shakes head* - how in the world has the human race survived this long based on the amazing amount of ignorance and quickness to jump into panic and hysteria mode???

1909 days ago

Hil

I don't know why they're covering a story from Prescott, AZ but Im excited!! Thats just down the street from me and I LOVE TMZ. I have to add this crap with the H1N1 is stupid, even if that pig had the flu I bet the flu doesn't go into the meeat and if it did it would be cooked out. People are dumb. Come to Prescott TMZ!!!

1908 days ago