Former MTV Legend -- I'm Going to Rehab

5/1/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matt PinfieldFormer MTV host Matt Pinfield has announced he will be entering rehab. The VJ-turned-radio show host left this message on his blog:

"I have been struggling with a dependency that I need to address, and so I will be voluntarily suspending my involvement on the 101.9 RXP morning show until I have completed the healing process.

After a few recent slips from my path to health I feel it important to proactively address these slips to ensure that my life continues its positive momentum.

I am so thankful to my family, friends, fans and co-workers here at 101.9 RXP who have provided me with such a deep support system and I want my fans to know that I am well and hope to return and continue what I have started here at RXP."

At this point, Matt hasn't revealed the substance to which he's addicted to.

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKERSS!!!

Karen

#1 nothing else to do with your time? Gambled away your welfare or disability check already?

Caren

I think toofastforyou needs a job.

Karen

Ugh. I just lost my breakfast

Kristy

I don't know, maybe it's the pic - but I've been a loyal MTV viewer since the first day of airing and I don't believe I've ever seen this "legend" before.

Songbird

That's a f*cked up picture. Definitely a "I NEED REHAB" look

me

He doesn't go back to MTV's first run days. This is the guy that hosted those stupid heavy metal shows. He always looked like he was on drugs. Had to be to be so amped up about metal.

Ash A

WTF! People, have some respect for a Music Legend.... This man knows more than you can possible phathom. There are many of us in the rock world that care and support Matt! I send my hugs to Mattt!

Divashels

Matt keep doing drugs there is no reason to get clean trust me go back to work and hit the pipe whenever possible!!!!!!!
it works for me

Tye Tanikk

Umm.... I'm guessing painKillahz. Its good to know he wants to help himself. That means alot. And Pinfield was all over MTV in the late 90's. He was the uber music guru.... Good Luck Maine!!

Str8UpNilka

lol I don't think it was coke

Kid Charisma

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say that Matt Pinhead was addicted to jolly ranchers. Bags of em.

troschne

Kid Charisma, you beat me to it--I was going to say that I was guessing Big Macs!

anthonysdreamgirl**

get well soon, matt. your appreciation, love, and knowlege of music insprires me. :-) you people are so dumb on this site - this man is a very important person in music - yes, an f'in legend. just shows the ignorance. comments like these don't make you all look cool, rather stupid and unknowlegable about music.

akeem

Jelly Doughnuts were the culprit.
More addictive than sweet, sweet heroin!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments