Dom DeLuise Dies

5/5/2009 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've just learned that Dom DeLuise -- who starred in such classics as "The Cannonball Run" and "Blazing Saddles" and was the voice of Pizza the Hutt in "Spaceballs" -- died last night in a Los Angeles hospital.

We're told he passed away peacefully in his sleep at around 6 PM.

He was 75.

His family just released this statement: "It's easy to mourn his death, but easier to remember a time when he made you laugh."

Launch Photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

SUZY

My favorite Dom DeLuise movie was "Haunted Honeymoon" with Gilda Radner and Gene Wilder. Dom was a hoot in drag. RIP--you will be missed.

1943 days ago

Ceci

I don't want to seem like I am "preaching";BUT with all that has gone on in the world since Sept. 11th....why must SOME people still be so INCONSIDERATE?! From bigfoot(#61) who is obviously full of him/herself!!(Mr.DeLuise gave you a ride & didn't try molesting you!)OH MY GOD!!!Get real. And Thetan Mapother(#97) , Jack Azz(#125) & Rachel(#85), a family is in mourning and you 3 leave such ugly comments-THAT IS JUST NOT CALLED FOR!!!! You may be entitled to your opinions, how UGLY they were BUT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY,ESPECIALLY IN THIS INSTANCE-THEN DO NOT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!
As for myself,I know the world is a sadder place with the loss of the GREAT DOM DeLUISE!!!Thank God for videos & DVD's! RIP YOU FUNNY,FUNNY BEAUTIFUL MAN!!!! And to his Family my DEEPEST CONDOLENCES!!

1942 days ago

rsbobeenie

I had the pleasure of meeting Dom in Manhattan in 1985. I have met many celebrities but meeting Dom was the most memorable. He was so sweet. RIP. Thank you for the laughs and the great cookbooks.

1942 days ago

Celebrity Newshound

We'll miss you, Dom. Please post your memorial to Dom -- a condolence message, a memory, etc -- on our tribute site.

DomDeLUISEtribute

1942 days ago

Sandy

Check out Dom Deluise with Johnny Carson on Youtube doing the Egg Trick!

1942 days ago

Celebrity Newshound

I've always had such fond memories of Dom. I'm in my 40s so I remember Dom's hey-day in my youth. He brought my family and I a lot of joy. His humor always was spot-on and never was based on attacking others. He really was a class act and will be missed.
DomDeLUISEtribute

1942 days ago

artie help

now that sux.

1944 days ago

Zoya

Godspeed Dom--- another legend gone to soon

1944 days ago

Obama is a Socialist!

He was a very nice man! God Bless!

1944 days ago

arte help

Class act, a true talent....Rest in Peace my friend

1944 days ago

Jessica

This man was such an individual and a good actor and comedian. I will miss him. I pray for his family.

1944 days ago

Fan

He was a funny, funny man and will definitely be missed.

1944 days ago

Kat

How Sad!!! He was a great comedien! Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family!!

1944 days ago

big joe

he was a great & funny man.

1944 days ago

arte help

WE HAVE LOST A LEGEND TODAY. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY......

1944 days ago