Rev Run's Son Popped for Weed

5/9/2009 12:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rap legend Rev Run's teenage son Joseph Simmons Jr. was arrested tonight for possession of marijuana.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the 19-year old was seen allegedly buying the marijuana and rolling a joint while sitting in a car on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We're told he tried to get away by throwing his car into reverse, and nearly backed into the officer's car.

Simmons Jr, known as JoJo on the MTV reality show "Run's House," was also booked for resisting arrest, attempted reckless endangerment, and criminal use of drug paraphernalia.

Paulie Wants a Cracker

First of all not all kids/adults smoke pot. It's a sign of weakness. I mean they are supposed to be role models for kids, the show is about a family raised by a strong faith and good morals but look now. If we can't depend on Rev Run's kid to be a good role model then the black community really doesn't have much left. Very sad. Maybe if Rev Run was smart and focused on using his money to give his kids proper education instead of them going down the rap world,clothing line and all stereotypical ghetto things he wouldn't have this problem.
If I was a rich black man I would want more for my kids, I would give them the best education, made them hang out with other intelligent kids and then his kid could come back with his brain and rule the world. Nothing uncool about being nerdy, smart men have power, smart men make the money and keep the money, smart men are leaders and don't follow the crowd.
My son isn't watching the show, I'm raising my black son to be a leader, to get out of the stereotype placed upon our race. My son is straight honor's and considered to be a nerd because he is so smart. Maybe Rev Run's son can come push mail in the mail room of my sons future empire.

pink floyd

now if he was up here in canada nothing would happen to him,to the american congress leagalize weed, tax it and get out of the financial rut you are in,because our dollar is worth more than yours at this moment.keep on puffin.

fans of President Obama

Actually, he looks more like JAM MASTER JAY than Reverend Run.
No disrespect, I'm just saying...

sammy

i'm verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry suprised cause he does not look like the type of person 2 do such things. have have a huge chrush on him and i stil can't belive he did this

ilovetheshowmadmen

hey..... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

just saying.....

speak da truth

...ARE YOU SERIOUS...all that over some WEED?????

Don't get me wrong, I know it's illegal and I Don't Use it, but DAMN that's a lot of drama for a little weed.

pink floyd

BC BUD IS THE BEST.

amss

SO SAD!!!! I hope the kid learns from this!! Big Daddy must be so upset!!

You know who I am

OMG!!...He got busted for weed…HE WILL NEVER WORK AGAIN!! …Especially in the Rap music scene…

keep'n it real

Let me get this straight. From what i just read from TMZ. we know Jr.'s not that bright, apparently in this situation anyways. But we all know he is his own person and has a journey to walk in life just like everyone else. No matter who his Daddy is. And for the ones' who have chosen to show your judgmental, shallow side by using the protection of being anonymous....your not hiding it from anyone your friends and family see it...

Carrys F.

I think a great reality show would be a celebrity family that doesn't have a script and is real. Like, yeah we have a problem with our pot-smoking son. Instead it is all a boring farce of a genre. Come to my house. I'm not a celebrity but I'm interesting. I have 2 twins who were preemies. Between them they had 6 surgeries in 4 years (including open heart.) Once that was all done my father because gravely ill. Then, the day after my husband made a $12 million deal for the company, he found out he lost his job to a merger. That's reality.

cara

AWESOME !!! ANOTHER VICTIMLESS CRIME! THROW THE KID IN THE SLAMMER WITH A RAPIST!

**shakes head*

*LEGALIZE MARIJUANA!*

LogicalThinking

He is trying to be a rapper. He was working on his street cred. Give the little make believe hooligan a break.

barf

@36.... HAHAHA yeah that's right, America is going to hell cause some kid smokes pot... OH MAN WAKE UP!

yall have done your lil things in the past... gald you weren't caught huh?

Leave the kid alone, there's more stuff to take care of... You, your family, your friends, your community... Start caring for those that you should care for!

Go Jojo, you learned your lessons....

Terri

Ha, I didn't read past the first page of comments. Comments such as "to think these idiots are our future." WAKE UP BONEHEAD, YOU THINK MARIJUANA SMOKING PEOPLE STARTED YESTERDAY OR LAST YEAR? AND THE COUNTRY (ALL KINDS OF JOBS AND ALL WALKS OF LIFE, GOT THAT, ALL WALKS OF LIFE) HAVE NOT BEEN PARTAKING IN DRUG ACTIVITY? COME OUT OF YOUR CAVE, OR BETTER YET, QUIT BEING A HYPOCRITE. Unfortunately there are many things that will not go away in our society and some of them are, illegal drug use, hypocrisy, racism, stupidity, murder, etc.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments