Shanna Moakler -- I Can't Stomach That No Mo

5/13/2009 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shanna MoaklerOh the irony. Shanna Moakler just resigned as pageant director for the Miss California USA pageant, after Donald Trump told the world how Shanna and crew have mended fences with "biblically correct" Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. Just another one of those pesky lies.

Here's the statement Shanna released to Us Magazine:

"Since the press conference yesterday, I had a chance to think about what has taken place, and I feel that at this time it is in my best interest to resign from the Miss California USA organization.

I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth. I want to be a role model for young women with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams.
"

Launch PhotosShanna sat on that stage all smiles just 24 hours ago. Those phony smiles -- just something you learn and never forget when you're a Miss USA.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

heather

nice!! ya have to admire her for that... now that is sticking up for what you believe in!!!

Drea

Told you that nasty bitch looked like she was going to cry at Tuesday's press conference. I just know Donald fired her backstabbing ass!

barry Gordy is genius

Good riddins.

Lynn

I'm glad she did.

justsaying

Oh Boo Frigging Hoo.

SLUTTY SIENNA

GOOD FOR YOU.

THE PAGEANT IS NOW A HYPOCRITICAL JOKE.

megn

This wretched woman is pretending to be a role model? That she has standards? Oh my, this would be funny if it weren't so terribly sad. Wake up, Shana. You were lucky to have that gig in the first place.

SO Wrong

Good for you, Shanna!!!

SLUTTY SIENNA

I HOPE THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER FINDS AND INTERVIEWS ALL OF MISS PREJEAN'S 'PHOTOGRAPHERS.'

Mickey

Boo hoo hoo. Everyone must follow my political and social beliefs or I quit. Last Thursday she said....

"I think it's really important that people understand that though Carrie Prejean is allowed to have her opinions, they don't necessarily coincide with the Miss California Organization."

Well it's obvious now that Shanna said she goes or I go. Good riddance.

artie help

I just fired perez hiltton

GA

Good for her. Now, I wonder how long before Ms. Prejean's line of "Purity" rings comes out!

Zoe

When did Shanna become so moral??? The reality star, Playboy centerfold, blogging queen who played out her whole divorce from Travis Barker for everone tio see is no one set the standard of the moral highground. Has she forgotten her past??? I find this hysterical.

ridiculous

You want to talk about hypocrit. didnt this chick spend two or three years getting drunk and fighting in public? Who does she hink she is? She never shoulda had the job in the first place.

vee

lol..I never knew the pageant was something ppl took seriously anyways.
jeez...who effin cares?