'Passion' Lawsuit Agreed to be Settled

5/18/2009 2:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel GibsonMel Gibson may be about to write the writer of the "Passion of the Christ" a big check -- because the lawsuit the guy filed against Mel and pals is set to be settled.

Benedict Fitzgerald sued Mel and others back in April, claiming he was duped into taking a small paycheck for writing the flick.

According to the papers, filed Friday in L.A. County Superior Court, both sides have reached an agreement to settle up.

Calls to their attorneys have not been returned.

Cleveland-West_Side

Didn't "God" write it?

What If

I'm SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Hollywood Producer (Mel & Co.) lying.... UN HEARD OF!!!!!!

We all KNOW that they never (never EVER) tell mis-truths... Especially when working on Religious Projects.

Right??? I mean RIGHT????!!!! Don't make me hyperventilate Mel, tell me its not so!

- Eric

bitzod

DID play rights get payed for anything?

snickers

Two men enter, one man leaves!

Rob

Let's see...4-500 million to his ex wife, payoff to settle this and now a new pregnant girlfriend. Sometimes justice does prevails and paybacks become reality.

I thought he was a fanatical Christian? Hmmm.....hypocrite perhaps?

yeah....and?

He is worse then a fantacial Christian he is a hard core Catholic who believes in the old church! He has one of the biggest mouths when it comes to moral living, and yet he his oh-so-Jesus-ass was paying off his wife to keep up the appearences so he wouldn't look like the huge hypocrite we now know he is!

Not that I care, I think Religion is a huge waste of time, but, when you stand on the pulpit and preach all your crap on how others should live and put down folks for the very same you are doing, I have issues.

Do ya hear me Miss Thing Carrie Prejean?

K

I thought Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote that story.

Kathleen

I agree with #7. Also, people have this false impression that christians are sinless and thats just not ture. We all sin but when someone who stands by their beliefs sins then atheists jump on the opprotunity to "call them out" on their actions. On the same hand if you are a christian then live right and don't give the non believers an opprotunity to critisize you.