Rapper Gunned Down in Shopping Mall Shooting

5/18/2009 10:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DollaAn Atlanta-based rapper named Dolla was brutally shot and killed at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles earlier this afternoon.

Dolla -- who was hanging out at the mall with another rapper -- was shot in the head at around 3:10 PM PST, according to the LA Times.

Two suspects allegedly fled the scene after the incident -- one was arrested a short time later while trying to catch a flight at LAX.

He was 21.

Story developing ...

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

And I don't mean All rappers either.

JRG

Everyone whose making those stupid comments like LA rules, you need to grow up. I just think that's bull. I think its really messed up that this happened to him, especially as young as he is. Stop saying that pepole from the A keep up drama cause it not like that. Get a life people. RIP Dolla you will be missed. Much Love to your family

iraida

what the hell is wrong with all these people just killing one another. Just cause you don't have what he does how about getting a job like dolla did . god rest his soul. now you'll be doing life now you have no life but getting it in the putter shooter dumbass.

fuuuuck u peeps (:

#30, yeah probably since he was from atlanta or something

Funny

31. I work for the City of Beverly Hills and some of my coworkers don't understand why I do my best to keep blacks out of the city. Now they know why. When I see just one (unless they are an employee) hanging around anywhere, I call dispatch and BHPD is more than happy to show up. Nearly all the crime in Beverly Hills is caused by blacks (and mexicans) like this rapper.

Posted at 11:04PM on May 18th 2009 by CityofBeverlyHillsEmployee
==
You are stupid! First, this guy had enough money to buy you twice! Second, The Beverly Center IS NOT in Beverly Hills it's in Los Angeles. It's called The Beverly Center because it's on Beverly Blvd. With that said, get your city working a*ss over to my place on Roxbury and pick up my trash!

J Smooth

This is very sad..Have we not learned anything fro the late great Tupac or Biggie Murders..Why must we keep going out like this Stop the Killing of our young brothers.Rap music used to be fun now its just negative and stupid Wake up pepole.God bless the family of this victim.

I HATE RACISTS PIGS!!!

CityofBeverlyHillsEmployee, how about you leave your "real" name and address so you can catch a beat down! Typical White racisit B#*TCH, always seem to hide behind the computer. Your black heart will find you out and you too will soon be a headline in the news!

Jasmine

this is sad ! he was hella sexy .. (:
i'm too mad !
i wonder .. why did he get shot ?

Shlank McDonald

To all of you flipping out over the "Beverly Hills Employee" you've got to know he's yanking your chain, right? And whoever said the Beverly Center isn't in Beverly Hills is correct.

And Beverly Hills is more concerned with protecting the money than it is with protecting whites. Bottom line...don't be stupid and racist if you don't know what you're talking about don't talk.

Where this young man was killed is irrelevant. The fact is that a person had such little regard for life that he felt it was ok to take another's. And as long as we have a glorification of violence, elements of society that grow up with no hope and easy access to illegal firearms this will continue.

Signed,
A Black Beverly Hills Resident

Thatguy

@ poster # 93 AKA A Black Beverly Hills Resident.... Your comments were right on the money.

the chosen one

welcome to l.a the realness !!!!!!!

ChicagoJo

I am deeply saddened that another brother from Chicago has passed away.

littlemissv

Though I did not know of Dolla, this is such a tragic loss for his family, his friends, and his fans. To be only 21 and shot in broad daylight amazes me. I am very thankful the LA police were extremely quick to find the person responsible for taking such a young and aspiring man. Let us all learn from this tragedy by enjoying each and every day that God gives us to its fullest...we should all love one another for there will be a day for each of us which will be our last. My thoughts and prayers are with all who loved Dolla.

shanta588

who was the other rapper that was with him? and is he still alive?

shanta588