Balloon or UFO?

5/19/2009 11:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We just got a picture of an object over the skies of Arizona and Mexico -- and some residents there are doubting the object is a giant research balloon, as NASA claims.

UFO

Calls came pouring in yesterday about the mysterious bubble floating stationary for around one hour. NASA says it's a 4,000-pound research balloon used to measure gamma ray emissions. NASA claims the balloon generally floats at 130,000 feet -- more than 3 times higher than the cruise altitude of a commercial jet.

Thanks to our friends at Ye Olde UFO Store for the pic.

Cleveland-West_Side

That's pretty big for a balloon, maybe it's Rosie O'Donnel hang gliding?

Just wondering

Maybe it will beam Harvey away

.:Loki 4Ever:.

While I believe SOME people have seen odd objects in the sky that COULD be UFO's... this looks like a clear baloon that has floated up... and I don't even see what you've circled in the right picture??

.:Loki 4Ever:.

another thing... if that had been stationary for so long... wouldn't our Government had known about it, or been notified and shot the mutha down???? UFO's don't linger... this is just a hoax.

JANE DOE

Kids make those Bubbles all the time! Just kidding !
NASA's covering up again!

Guadagnare con internet

the UFO exist....Hi Mars

cantrell

OH SNAPS!! How come every "UFO" sighting is in New Mexico or Arizona?? I'm in Texas, I wanna be part of this hsyterical!! But that picture is a balloon!! C'mon People, get serious!!

Ironman

I live in New Mexico and saw this with my own two eyes.... and binoculars... it IS a weather. Plain as day.... it could be seen through the binoculars. come on people, quit making something out of nothing....

Whamo

Just wait for all the Coast to Coast (radio show)nutbars to come out of the woodwork with their conspiracy theories.

Betsy

I live in Hawaii, where this balloon was sometimes kept...It is, in fact, real...

Lynne

I was driving in AZ yesterday and saw it. I'm also an air traffic controller trained in meteorology....it was a weather balloon. :/

pink floyd

god taking a bubble bath.

Carrys F.

Even if it's not a NASA balloon, it certainly isn't extra terrestrial. You can see right through it. Geez, this is a story and people are worried? Get a grip!

Kathleen

It looks like a little kids bubble!

arizona

For all of the people who live in Arizona and New Mexico please lay off the alcohol. I sat outside last night around 7pm and witnessed the same "UFO" sighting. This was a balloon please stop drinking so early!!! It was white and moved in a fashion similiar to a hot air balloon.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments