Natalie Cole Receives Used Kidney

5/20/2009 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natalie ColeNatalie Cole is the proud new owner of someone else's kidney.

Cole's publicist just announced that the singer underwent a kidney transplant yesterday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Her rep says the surgery went off without a hitch, but Natalie will have to cancel her summer concert dates to recuperate for 3-4 months.

R.J. Johnson

toofast - where are you?

Bex

That's bullcrap. I'm sorry, but they should give kidney's to people that aren't drug addicts.

R.J. Johnson

Blue, unless it was happening in your family. Then you'd be thrilled they got the kidney.

oprah & michel hater

the dumb bitch will go back to using drugs...she did this to herself and I have nothing but hatred for this woman.......she probably bought some kidney that was to be used on some child...just so the bitch can go back to being a crackhead.

sultrysiren

As if she could have received a newly grown kidney. what kind of title is that TMZ?!*%#@ maybe in about 8 years with the Obama administration...

ERICA

Reply: "Used kidney"? Is there any other kind? I mean, who is your writer(s).

420 GIRL

Excellent!

Barneyjake

Natalie survived a horrible time with drugs IN HER PAST. Good for her and anyone who can learn from her mistakes. I hope she recovers quickly so she can go back to making all that great music!

yeahya

Isn't there a LONG waiting list for a kidney? As long as she didn't take cuts to get to the top of the list because of her fame !

Kami

There is about a 2 year witing list for Kidneys, my brother has had two so far..But it all depends, Usually i fyou use drugs or lost a kidney from drinking then you are not at the top of the list, if you are a smoker you are not at the time, you have to be in pretty good medical shape to be at the top, so many factors are taken, blood type, age of doner all kinds of things, but a 2 or 3 year waiting list is considered a short wait, my other family member who has a disease not related was on a list for 7 years because if his poor health and because of the disease he had.. so, many things are taken in to factor. Just because someone is on drug's do not mean they do not deserve to live, and who ever is the low life who said that, I wish and pray your brother, sister, or kids never get in to drugs then need a organ one day, if so, im sure your small way of thinking would change. Who are you to judge anyone?

Doctorted

As long as her very suckable breast's are OK, I'm Ok.

Spandex never looked better

I agree with # 7. Why did you refer to the kidney as "used"? Why not say she was the recipient of a donated kidney. That sounds far better. I don't know who writes for TMZ, but some of your adjectives are absolutely ridiculous!

THAT IS BULL SH-T

I AGREE THEY SHOULD GIVE KIDNEYS TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT DONE DRUGS. I HAVE KIDNEY FAILURE AND I HAVE NEVER DONE DRUGS.. I WILL HAVE TO HAVE A KIDNEY AT SOME POINT AND BECAUSE OF WHO SHE IS SHE GETS ONE. WHEN I AM SURE SOMEONE WHO IS NOT FAMOUS AND HAS NOT DONE DRUGS NEEDS ONE...BEING ONLY 38 AND GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE ONE AT SOME POINT. BUT GIVING ONE TO A FAMOUS AND USED DRUGS AT SOME POINT...IT FIGURES............THE RICH AND FAMOUS GET IT ALL.........

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

I'd hit that new kidney

Linda Mott

God Bless Her and help her to use them to live a new life in his will.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments