Natalie Cole Receives Used Kidney

5/20/2009 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natalie ColeNatalie Cole is the proud new owner of someone else's kidney.

Cole's publicist just announced that the singer underwent a kidney transplant yesterday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Her rep says the surgery went off without a hitch, but Natalie will have to cancel her summer concert dates to recuperate for 3-4 months.

oprah & michel hater

SHE JUMPED THE LINE...IT IS SAID SHE DID WHAT LARRY HAGMAN DID AND BOUGHT HER KIDNEY FROM SOMEONE...SO NOW SOME POOR CHILD WHO NEVER USED ANY TYPE OF RECREATIONAL DRUG HAS TO BE PUT ON THE BACK BURNER.....HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NATALIE...YOU STOLE A KIDNEY THAT SOMEONE GOOD COULD HAVE USED...AND LIKE LARRY HAGMAN...SHE WILL BE USING AGAIN...ONCE A CRACKWHORE ALWAYS A CRACKWHORE.

oprah & michel hater

13. First she has been sober for 25 years and there is a waiting list you have to be a match. There are alot of people who used drugs im sure some of the people who commented have. I was ill for many months and she would come to the Hospital all the time and visit. If you do not know her you should'nt be saying things you know nothing about. I only wish good thoughts and prayers for her and maybe you people should too. I love you nat .

Posted at 6:46PM on May 20th 2009 by mke

I guess an idiot like you cant count...this all happened in the ninties....she cut amy winehouse down, because she won grammies and is an addict...natalie cole did this to herself and i have no pity for this woman who bought a kidney that could have went to a child with no drug problem....hope this kidney doesnt take.

Bex

I agree that she should not come before a person that never did drugs. She has always ridden her fathers coat tails and now she takes a kidney from someone who really deserves it. Riches and fame are one thing here on Earth, but the greedy people who don't use their wealth in constructive ways will meet their maker. This kind of thing enrages me, as someone said earlier, Larry H. did the same thing. It's garbage!

Jard

She has been clean and sober many many years now....She is not a bitch or a drug addict

j3105nm

God bless you Natalie and hope your recovery is swift and without setbacks.

gog

I wonder how many non- famous people in need of a kidney were on the list ahead of her ?

Bex

So they just hand out kidneys to druggies? Remind me to will mine to someone worthwhile. She is such a bitch.

1980 days ago

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

TMZ YOU GUYS PUT THE STUPIDIEST DAMN HEADLINES ON YOUR STORIES, of course the Kidney is used, dumb asses, it comes from another person, now tell me where I can get a "unused new Kidney"......

1980 days ago

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

KIM #4, STFU, lets hope your dumb ass or a family member won't need a 'used' kidney. stupid ass hefer!

918

TMZ trying to be funny but failed on the headline.

T.J.

It could have been a living donor. I was on the list for only seven months when a living donor stepped forward. A kidney from a cadaver has a waiting list from 2 to 7 years depending on your blood type.

Donor

The U.S. needs more donors. My dad died waiting for a liver. Sign your donor card. Talk to your family.

Rockmelon

I saw her on Larry King begging for a kidney. Frankly, I don't care where she got it, but there are people who have been on the kidney recipient list for YEARS. They don't have the luxury of going on TV to plead for kidney so they have to wait.

roscoezzz

Deserving kidney's has nothing to do with whether anyone is a druggie or not. That's just insane. Miss Cole found a kidney match. It has to match and if it doesn't you can't get one. And good GOD! Move on from the Amy Winehouse thing! It was almost two years ago. Get some rest Miss Cole and get back to some great music! God Speed.

lyndasue

very poor taste . i wish her well.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments