FreeCreditReport Band Must Change Dumb Tune

5/26/2009 1:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Turns out those dumb commercials, that sing 'bout credit reports for free,
Are really full of crap and charge a 15 dollar fee,
The government took notice, and just passed a brand new bill,
Which stops those lying companies from lying to you still."

Free Credit Report .Com

"The only place to get free reports, so says the government,
Is to go to AnnualCreditReport.com, and to you they'll be sent.
Thanks a bunch to the FTC, but who we gotta thank the most...
Are the people who wrote about this first, over at the Huffington Post."

uhHuh

I CANT WAIT FOR THE CD!! LOVES THESE GUYS - WHO THE HELL ARE THEY??? DO THEY PLAY PRIVATE GIGS? CALL ME!!

uhHuh

LOVE THE BAND : ) ESPECIALLY CUTE LEAD SINGER-CUTE!!! -SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE TIGHTS...

Me

THUD.

OMG, the TMZ staffers actually wrote something creative. Well done, TMZ That brings your English grade for this term up from an F to a D.

JeanSummers_is_an_ass

Yes! Yes! Yes! It's about time! I have to change channels or hit mute every time one of those commercials comes on. Not only is the guy ugly as sin, but if that's him singing, he can't sing for crap. I can't remember hating any commercial as much as I hate those. And, no, I didn't get suckered. I read the small print about how it was't really free. Good riddance!

UNreal

A few things to the posters here. They don't rip anyone off, the commercial clearly states that the offer only applies with enrollment in their program. To the poster who claims they use the same actors, "old woman", etc, yes, that's the point, it's supposed to be funny. They mock themselves in their own commercial "since we 1st showed up with our pirate hats on" was a nod to their first commercial. To the poster who claims his sister got ripped off for 6 months "before noticing she was being billed', it's people like her that don't monitor their bank accounts for months that are putting this country in the mess it is.

eloc

I HATE those ads! Whichever agency came up with that crap should be shot!

lost in lalaland

PLEASE tell me this means I'll never have to suffer through one of these commercials again?

Amanda

I HATE FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM! I GOT CHARGED $20 A MONTH FOR THAT TRIPLE ADVANTAGE! i NEVER GOT TO EVEN SEE MY CREDIT SCORE!

Your name:

Do you idiots realize that the guy is lip syncing to some one elses voice and isn't even American?

kelli

HA HA HA, the link in the post that said the words free credit report had a hyperlink to....wait for it.....FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM!!!!

Lynn

My family loves the band in these commercials! They always make us smile!!!

Joeschmo

Folks, it's a UNITED STATES LAW that says you can receive a FREE CREDIT Report every 6 months. You DO NOT have to pay for one. So, the guy who is paying $24.95 every 6 months to "FCR.COM" is getting ripped off by the people who claim they help you to NOT get ripped off.

Case closed. Read!

Marie

As a former employee at the customer service call center for FCR.com and just from the some of the comments on here, I seriously worry about the future of this country. Why anyone would think that something is free but yet it asks for your credit card information is beyond me. The not noticing the charge for 6 months, yea that was pretty much normal. What was worse were the people who didn't notice it for TWO YEARS! Then because of their own stupidity would claim fraud. If you actually read the website you will notice the disclaimer.
As for checking your credit yourself, IT DOES NOT LOWER YOUR SCORE. However the score given at FCR is not the score used by lenders.
And yes the band is lip synching as they do not speak english. They are from Canada.

dev

If it isn't free it shouldn't be allowed to claim its free, disclaimer or not.

The same thing happened with all of those home loans. Some expected others to actually read everything.

High expectations are lovely but you'll find you'll just be let down if you expect everybody to be.. well... intelligent.

So the government scores another point and has shown it doesn't always favor the fat cats.

Bravo

Missy

I signed up for the credit monitering service, so I could get a credit report. Later that same day I canx'd it. I called all three phn numbers to canx all three things that I signed up for. My credit card was never credited back the $85.00 though. I tried to call a couple of phn numbers to get my money back, but I decided it was going to be more trouble than it was worth. It was really sad. I ordered the free credit report that I am entitled to several weeks ago by phn. Never got the reports. Now I am trying to order a credit report by mail. I will probably get charged though, even though I never got the first one I am entitled to each year. What is someone supposed to do. You evidently can not talk to a "LIVE" person about your credit report.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments