T.I. Arrived Early for Prison Date

5/26/2009 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.Rapper T.I. has checked himself into the federal prison in Forrest City, Arkansas, according to one of his attorneys.

We're told T.I. reported to the minimum security prison prior to the 12 PM deadline. The 28-year-old rapper was sentenced to 366 days after he was busted trying to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers from undercover federal agents back in 2007.

Sources say the rapper spent his last day of freedom with close family and friends at his home in Georgia.

UPDATE: T.I.'s other lawyer told us the rapper was on time at the prison -- but after seeing the mob of media, they drove around looking for a better way to get in. This caused T.I. to be late 12 PM check-in. Not a good start...

artie help

T.I. stands for taking -it - in the arse.

NotAmused

Don't drop the soap! LOL!!!

JennyBlaze

You Can Do it.....You can do it all night long....HATERS

meme

t.i. will b fine he a g im 4rm the atown and ima fan he'll be out soon they neva stay n to lovg

Hack

T.I. another rapper in prison, guess he needed more material. should make him pay for being in prison , not the tax payers.

Rocco and David

Why isn't TMZ reporing on the CA decision to uphold the ban on same sex marriage??? huh??? Where is Perez Hilton... Hahahahahahahahahha

All those poor dam people - WTF are they gonna do now!!! Cry babies.

hahahahahhahahah

Finally - CA made the right choice!!!! Now, Shanna can STFU and leave Carrie alone.

I can't stop laughing......hahahahahahahahah

rgdownes

So many so-called rappers are nothing more than gang members and street thugs with money WE provide them to continue the violence and killing. Why in the world would he need unregistered machine guns and silencers? Haven't enough people died? STOP SUPPORTING THESE PEOPLE!

billyboyhere

He should be doing a minimum of 10 years Federal time for that type of crime. Any one of the rest of us would be---and probably be considered an Act of Terrorism.

He wont be getting butt honked too badly in a Minimum Security Federal Prison--most in there are white collar, low risk, are readying themselves to be paroled and have incentive to remain good. Too bad as the rest of us would be in Maximum Security Prison for those types of crimes.

He's going to come out even more brazen after experiencing only Minimum Security. Maybe the next charges will get him to a Max Prison, being a convicted felon with a gun usually will.

Jake

Bahaha, enjoy the boyz T.I lol

DR WASABI

AMERICA SHOULD GIVE ALL RAPPERS THAT ARE CONVICTED OF CRIMES LIFE SENTENCES TO PREVENT THEM BREEDING. ROT IN HELL, T I gnorant!

EgoCrusher

At least he tried to help kids on his Road to Redemption show.

WHO YOU

All you that are telling TI to stay in his cell, not to drop the soap, and its like OZ from HBO are losers. It is a federal prison, which is people like Martha Stewart whos crimes are not violent, mostly about stealing money guns drugs and he is in a med security prison, so its not the hard state prison where people learn how to become real criminals. Federal inmates have more rights then some free people walking the streets, better food then half of America is eating, and better living arrangements then a lot of working people can afford at this time. Do your homework before making stupid remarks about things you know nothing about. Makes you look more like a loser!!

Mr. X

T.I. stands for Temporarily Incarcerated.

Waste of space people

I have to say all of these comments so far are just stupid... Seriously "Don't drop the soap" Like we haven't heard that a million times already. This guy had accomplished more in a year than I'm sure a lot of you people have done in a in a lifetime so far. Now I'm not saying what he did was right but seriously, the man is paying for his mistakes... There are far more worse "Criminals" Out there right now that have the most bulls***.. sentences where they should be spending the rest of their lives in prison. It's just unfortunate that T,I has to live this through the "Spotlight" because stuff like this goes on everyday.. So why don't all of you go find something more better to do with your time then sit here and write stupid comments about this man..

tashana1105

Go 'head WHO YOU and Seriously!!! I'm with ya there!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments