Courtney Love Endangers Economic Recovery

5/28/2009 8:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Courtney LoveURGENT MESSAGE:
FROM: American Express
TO: President Barack Obama
SUBJECT: Bailout money

Mr. President:

We are humbled to ask for immediate financial help. Courtney Love is driving us the way of Chrysler and G.M. She has three American Express credit cards and will not pay the balance on any of them.

Centurion Card Account: Ms. Love owes $279,079.68
Gold Card Account: Ms. Love owes $69,245.56
Platinum Card Account: Ms. Deadbeat owes $3,734.43.

We have been forced to file a lawsuit yesterday in L.A. Federal Court, asking for $352,659.67, plus a bunch of costs. We don't think she'll pay up, so dude, we need your help.

Sincerely,

AmEx

Yolanda Nixon

What was Burt Kocaine thinking when he married that hooah?

1976 days ago

Terri

Ok, I can't stop lauging long enough to get past post #6 and 8 for thinking the letter was actually real. Lord love a duck, c'mon how gulliable are you people? April Fools in May I'd say. Oh I would highly suspect she's big in debt but that letter is fake!

1976 days ago

DS

1.) Whoever is reading this like it's an actual letter from AmEx is a TARD. You're reading a TMZ article, you douches, written by a TMZ staffer.

2.) Whoever is using this article to bash Obama is also a TARD: Obama's been in office for a grand total of four months (not even), and you're already whining that he hasn't magically fixed everything? I know it's super hard to be patient, kiddies, but maybe you oughta act like an adult and actually give it some credible time before you start complaining.

1976 days ago

dom

R- I am scoffing at you and what a stupid loser you are. The post was obviously satire. Rare for TMZ, but you can't be that dumb. Love owes the $$, but AMEX did not write Obama. Wake up.

1976 days ago

yadaYadayada

12. Cliff...get rid of the card and go get a Bank of America card. I dont carry a balance and pay on time and they havent reduced my limit at all. Good Luck the good always get punished MORE than the bad it sucks.

Posted at 11:41PM on May 27th 2009 by LuvF1

Nope, LuvF1, B of A is doing the same thing; they're cutting lines across the board. I have a credit score over 800 and B of A reduced my credit line 50% despite the fact that I've never been late and pay my balance off every month. I promptly called them and canceled my card. Apparently, if you don't use "enough" credit, they'll reduce you. So how's that for using your credit "responsibly?" When my CD expires, I'm pulling all my money out and want nothing to do with that POS bank.

1976 days ago

rgdownes

Amazes me that people aren't getting the satire. The joke's on you dumbas*es. As for Courtney, she owes the money, she should pay it but AMEX is partly to blame for giving a troubled drug addict the all those cards in the first place. She's been having financial problems for a while now. Her home was even in foreclosure.

1976 days ago

tete

the faux letter thing is so not funny.

1976 days ago

lalaloo

Courtney is (of course, per usual) claiming that the charges were made by someone else. That is what she does. She blames all her problems on everyone else. Daughter's trust fund raided? Not me...nope, didn't go up my arm...I was ripped off by dishonest bankers. Huge credit card bill? Nope...someone else did it. She is one of the most dishonest people. She even lies about public record stuff...like her age and name at birth. I don't know if she thinks that she is telling the truth or if she just likes to lie. Do this...Google "Courtney Love blames" and see all the hits that you get! LOL

1976 days ago

Len

she has been getting scammed and ripped off for years.. give her a break guys, she does tell the truth as the courts have proven

1948 days ago