Jon and Kate Plus a Lot of Space

5/28/2009 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On Top: Jon Gosselin knockin' back a beer with two ladies at Front Street bar and grill in Newburgh, New York on Memorial Day.

On Bottom: Kate plus most of the eight getting off a ferry on Bald Head Island, North Carolina yesterday morning.

Jon and Kate

Dude was biggest flirt at his high school. We'll see how long he remains on top.

mom2four

I just can't get over how everyone is dropping the blame on Kate! So what if she can be a bitch, 99.9% of women have their moments, but Kate has 8 children that add to her stress. Most mothers prefer organization in their lives, and I can only imagine how hard that must be for her with 8 kids, I have 4, and my stress levels can go through the roof at times! But, Jon is being a total pig; typical male, when things get tough, jump out while you can... total B.S.!!! I also watched their show the other night, and I saw how his little girl ran over to hug him when he got out of the car, and he pretty much pushed her away, what kind of father is that? Bottom line, he is a jerk!! How can he be renewing his vows with Kate one minute, and then hanging out with younger women, drinking and acting like he doesn't have a care in the world? He is being completely immature and selfish! I agree that they need to cancel the show, on top of the stresses of raising 8 kids, being in the public eye non-stop is not helping their situation any; but no one has the right to blame Kate for everything that is happening. She is the one being cheated on, neglected and tossed aside like a dirty dish rag!

I use to watch

To all the people saying step-up Jon, I guess you never saw him when the show was semi “real” and he really busted his ass to complete little projects for Kate so the house was “less cluttered.” We have seen him feed and bathe his children and teach them how to ride bikes, ski etc. He genuinely enjoys being with the kids and stays at home with them while Kate travels so she can earn extra money that we have no idea the kids will ever see. Kate has basically said he quitted his job to stay home because he wasn’t earning enough for the lifestyle they are now used to. Jon even admitted he loves being with his kids but that it was not his choice to be a stay-at-home dad.
I have a problem with him going out if the kids are in his care but then again, Kate travels for weeks at a time and no one seems to judge her because she is doing speaking gigs and signing books. Meanwhile, they make tons of money each episode and should be set on that alone. Yeah, they both are in it for the money (they have eight kids) but I do believe that Jon wanted to end this show a while ago and Kate being Kate, told him to get over it. Weak men in relationships have always irritated me so I kind of like this new Jon. When a guy is whipped two things happen: They take the abuse and lose all signs of masculinity or they grow balls and decide not to take it. The latter appears to have happened in this case. You can tell Jon is so done with this show and just wants to be left alone. Clearly Kate will do anything for money, even show the entire world her marriage disintegrating before her. Kate will never admit she was wrong so I don’t see how they can work it out now that Jon isn’t going to run for cover when she yells. Btw, it really bothered me when she yelled at him for not using a coupon on some bogus item mean while, they had just moved into a million dollar mansion. I saw it on re-run and it really irked me.
To all those that say talking about it contribute to their marriage falling apart news flash: When you do reality TV you are inviting speculation and internet discussion. Also, the marriage has been over a while. The premier made that painfully clear. I agree it’s mean to make fun of Kate’s hair and I do not find her to be ugly but I think people are just angry.
Jon isn’t use to any type of freedom so of course he is going a little crazy. I don’t think he ever pictured himself not with Kate but something def. happened that made him realize he can’t be with this woman and I sure as heck don’t see her changing. BTW, did you ever think that maybe he was just relaxing drink a beer and these women approached him because they recognize him? Give him a break! Maybe he should have teams of security like Kate.

opi

He is still a married man with 8 kids. He's not with his wife and kids on Memorial Day. What a JERK.

workisgood

I'm just saying, me personally am done with this show--they won't get another second of my time on their show, on the press, on this sight. I'll read about celebs lives but jon&kate, honestly it is hard to think what goes on in those babies minds and I myself can't be part of it. I say shame on me for being part of this to begin with, putting babies out there like this to make a dime and I fell for it. They should be ashamed of their part in it and I should be ashamed of my part so I'm fixin that! Done.

realitybaby

Jon is doing what every man who does not get the proper attention from his wife does - get it in a dysfunctional way. NOTE TO JON - there aint no woman out here who is half the woman your wife is. Unfortunately, you will find that out too late - GO ON MEN TELL HIM -- YOU KNOW ITS TRUE!

karen

I wish they would go away they are both exploiting their children and I don't blame Jon for wanting to get away from her and the kids since he is a stay at home dad and while Kate is flying all over the country promoting HER book and promotions for the show who the heck do you think is left at home with the kids. She's off traveling on her own getting paid for her speaking tours and she does it solo people kids stay home with dad and she humiliates him and belittles him on the show and you're calling him gross!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up it's for ratings the higher the ratings the more money they receive. they are going from 20 episodes to 40 episodes this season alone does anyone feel sorry for the kids. The adults both of them are selfish but the kids come on people it's the kids that are getting hurt. Remember Kate said she has always been tough on Jon even before kids.

BEBOP

Kate is such a sour pussss. You never see she her smile or laugh. They are total opposites. With eight kids, they're stuck together for at least another 20 years. What a miserable life.

Mary Ann

Everyone keeps commenting on how this is effecting the kids.... NO ONE KNOWS!!!! The brother and sister in law are upset that they nolonger have the bigger house and are on the show. The media has not spoken to the kids. Mom (Kate) and Dad (John) a long with the helpers and camera crew are the only one to have contact with the kids. Kate is a mother bear, no doubt in my mind. If she thought her kids were effect by the camera she would and has stepped in. Last season Matie and Cara were not on camera much, their choice. She also removed all cameras from the bedrooms since the children were older. Get a grip! This is not the only "reality" show with children...18 and counting, Tori & Dean, Little People Big World, TLC is making money of families and we are watching. Until you have spent 5 hours in Kate and John shoes keep your mouth shut!

Oh pleez

Why should I care if this is affecting the children? Their parents sure don't!

Neither wins an award for parenting. If Kate were only "thinking of the children", she'd stop this show. It's apparent that Jon has just checked out of any responsibility either.

Why should we have SYMPATHY for two people (well, 10) that signed their lives away to be on television and won't give it up for anything? It's not our fault those kids will be screwed up, it's THEIRS.

And don't blame the paparrazi - Kate is doing a fine job of whoring those kids out on her own.

djdw61

I am seriously beginning to think that Jon enjoys not only the ladies a little too much but the Jerk Juice too...he's either drunk or drinking quite a bit lately.

maggie

It's the children who suffer. Yes, Jon is having a beer with 2 ladies and yes, Kate is getting off a ferry with her kids and her handsome bodyguard... and another one. How can any of us say which one is not at fault? I do feel in my gut that Kate is probably doing some hanky panky with the bodyguard and if she wasn't, why not get a new one to squelch rumors. Those poor kids on an vacation with 2 men who aren't their dad. I bet Kate certainly laughs it up with the bodyguard and in the meantime screeches holy heck to the kids for whatever they are doing. What an awkard situation to put the kids in. Why didn't she just go away with the bodyguard instead of literally dragging the kids away from home and security. Is TLC going to film this vacation???

SLUTTY SIENNA

NEITHER ONE OF THEM SHOULD E-V-E-R HAVE HAD KIDS -- BUT NOW THEY DO, AND THEY NEED TO PUT THE LITTLE ONES FIRST, WHICH THEY NEVER HAVE THAT I'VE SEEN.

KICK OUT THE CAMERA CREWS, GET LEGITIMATE WORK (NOT LIVING OFF EXPLOITING YOUR YOUNG CHILDREN), KICK OUT THE 'BODYGUARD' AND 'BABE,' AND STAY THE HELL H-O-M-E WITH YOUR FAMILY.

LAME-ASS POSER-LOSERS JON AND KATE.

Who Knows

I'd be a sourpuss too if I had to live through my husband's cheating being broadcast across the world. I realize she is on reality television, but come on, he didn't have to go out and pick up a 20 year old.

I have 4 kids myself, and it's not just stressful, it's mind numbingly boring at times. If someone offers you a book deal, why the hell wouldn't you take it? It's a chance to use her brain beyond "Can I have a juice box?". Why can't she have a life too? They both had the kids, and now he's galloping all over the place with his 'friends' while she's working.

SLUTTY SIENNA

EVERYBODY KNOWS A MOTHER OF 8 YOUNG CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE OUT ON THE ROAD FOR WEEKS AT A TIME, AWAY FROM THEM.

SHE BITCHED AND PISSED AND MOANED TO HAVE THEM, NOW SHE NEEDS TO STAY HOME WITH THEM.

I'VE NEVER SEEN HER BATHE THEM. JON HAS -- IN BETWEEN DODGING SLAPS AND VERBAL ASSAULTS.

BUT HE STILL NEEDS TO MAN UP, TOO.

judsep

A lot of people are forgetting that TLC is editting the show. Not one of us actually is wistnessing these parents every action. They are human beings, just like you and me, and believe it or not not one of us is perfect.