Big Clue in Carradine's Tied Hands

6/8/2009 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David CarradineDavid Carradine's hands were tied above his head when he died -- turns out, in the world of auto-erotic suspension, it's an easy task to master.

Brent Turvey, a forensic scientist and criminal profiler who has studied auto-erotic asphyxiation, has examined the photo of Carradine's body published in a Thai newspaper. The photo shows the body with a rope around his neck hanging in a closet ... Carradine's hands were tied above his head.

Turvey says it's simple for someone to tie rope around his/her hands, by loosely tying the hands in front -- then raising them up to tighten.

Turvey says undoing the knot is easy as well, allowing for a quick escape.

Turvey says, "By tying his hands above his head, and bending his knees in a sitting position, he can easily stand up and untie his hands with his teeth. Choking in this position is an accident that usually results from the rope being left on the neck a few seconds too long."

Since we first reported Friday that Carradine's hands may have been tied, there has been a lot of speculation it's evidence of foul play. But apparently it's actually consistent with accidental death.

frig chris brown, frig him, loser

and the legend continues 1st

X

How are you supposed to stimulate yourself with your hands tied? I thought the whole point is to orgasm while you are putting pressure on your neck.

Well anyway, this situation is just becoming more and more awkward...

harliebarbie2u

Sick In one way And Sad in Another , how lonley can a man be to try this death wish ..... for erotic satist=faction??? just goes to show ya Money is not everything nor is hanging oneself in a closet sad sad sad

Mickey von Dutch

What a sorry and embarassing way for a 72 year old to leave this world. One would expect a mature man to be wiser. Nowadays it seems like everyone is looking for that special rush. I honestly believe that we would be a lot happier if we went back to basics. Look at people from countries that usually have thight knit family structures. They find happiness in simple pleasures, like a nice family meal or a family outing. If you go for the extremes, normal life has no challenges anymore. Thus you end up alone in a hotel room, dead, with your hands and other parts of your anatomy tied up.

Ray

You are speaking in general terms without knowing how the rope was tied in this case.

A silk rope is one thing but a curtain cord is something else.

zgonz06

I hope TMZ stops reporting about Carradine's death. If he was my father I would be so saddened that everyone knew how he died since it was embarrassing for both Mr. Carradine and his family. Who cares if he got sexual pleasure from dying, and who cares that he died from it? We are only reading this story because were are curiously selfish. Please TMZ stop.

Poo Brains

#3 Mickey couldn't agree more.

Carradine had an incestuous relationship with an adult relative. He was very disturbed. Where do we draw the line between kinky and mentally disturbed. scat? beastiality? pedophilia?

Just stick to regular sex. This type of kinky sex play is a slippery slope (no pun intended) What an absolutely horrible way to go out. This is what he will always be remembered for. Sad

just me

How come the photo shows him with dark hair, when he has white hair! I believe the photo is a phony!!!!

Tommy

The guy is a freak. I don't care how old you are, I used to watch Kung Foo when I was young and I thought he was a whack job then. It is sad what happened, but c'mon... what was he thinking?

dee

Apparently, he was wearing a dark wig and fishnet stockings.....

why?

This story just blows my mind for real, Scotty! Beam me up!

Poo Brains

#6 It's important for people to know what happens when you engage in this type of behavior. it's not all fun and games.

#8 I read somewhere else that he was wearing a wig and that there was red lingerie in the room. maybe he was cross dressing?

I think this is a type of sexual addiction. You know that your behaviour is dangerous yet you continue to do it until it kills you.

Truth Seeker

I will always remember him for his great body of work and what a kind and generous man he was. I am deeply saddened that he is no longer in this realm. Regardless of what he may or may not have done in private by himself the world has lost a remarkable human being!

why?

TMZ Show the da** pitcure already. After seeing Rianna all bloody and bruised we are up to this. Lets have it!

Buck Farack

Has anybody actually found the link to the photos?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments