Danny Gans' Death Ruled Accidental

6/9/2009 4:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Danny GansLegendary Las Vegas performer Danny Gans' cause of death has been ruled an accidental overdose of pain medication.

Clark County Coroner Michael Murphy said Danny officially died from hydromorphone toxicity due to chronic pain syndrome -- and that other contributing factors include hypertension cardiovascular disease and a disease that caused him to produce an abnormal amount of red blood cells.

Murphy says Gans had a toxic reaction to the drug because of an existing heart condition. He added, "This was not drug abuse."

Danny died on May 1 at his home after a family member called 911 to say he was having trouble breathing. By the time paramedics arrived, it was too late.

artie help

this poor bastard was stuck in an elevator with blogger UGGHHH.

1939 days ago

There is no such thing as reality tv

Sad to say, but it sounds like he was addicted to pain meds or his doctor was not monitoring his meds properly.

oprah & michel hater

WELL THE PAINKILLERS MUST HAVE WORKED..CAUSE HE CAN NO LONGER FEEL THE PAIN...DUMB AZZ VICODIN IDIOT! TAKE DRUGS AND END UP LIKE THIS CREEP

oprah & michel hater

RUSH LIMBAUGH WAS HIS DEALER...SEEMS LIKE HE WAS A DRUGGIE....AND AN IDIOT TO BOOT! TAKE DRUGS AND DIE!

Michael Madsen

MY GOD!
How many lame-o lounge acts are going to have to die senslessly before someone does something about...
IMPERSONATIONS.
Did you know that in this country alone 8 million bad actors and even some mimes die from...
IMPERSONATIONS.
Remember kids... the urge may pull at you and even be great at times... but take it from someone who got out just in time...
the black art of Mimickry is a cold hard killer.
I remember it started innocently enough for me... Burt and Ernie (Hi, Burt!) Jimmy cagney (You dirty rat) and even Ed Sullivan (a really big shoe) I just didn't realize the damage it was doing.
By the time I progressed to more off beat voices... Cristopher Walken (Ya know...) and Walter Matthau (Felix!) it was almost too late... heart palpitations, shortness of breath... I'm telling you... Anthony Hopkins almost killed me (Clarrisse....)
So do yourself a favor... stop the insanity... especially without good supporting material... you only wind up dead from...
IMPERSONATIONS.
A message from the Howie Mandel School of Prop Humorists.
This PSA was approved by Carrot International.

Ms. Hysterical

Pain Medication is just another way to say drug-addict. Go to any pharmacy and watch the addicts come in for their "pain meds". Talk to any pharmacist and they will tell you the same thing. Most of their " pain med" patients are addicts who have found a way to get legal drugs.

justsaying

Gimmie a break!!! Just how the hell does someone overdose on pills by accident? This guy wanted out of this world and he achieved his goal. At least give him credit for being successful at something other than singing. But don't hand me this "overdose" thing. It ain't flying with me.

Michael Madsen

Pain meds actually contribute to heart erosian and malfunction creating what we rich, golfing, sailing and real estate owning Doc's call Deliciously large invoices.. also known as infarct assisstance.
Well... I'm outta here... goin' to my private beach front for a little T*tty from my new under age girlfriend.
Bye now.

Las Vegas Fan of Danny Gans

Unbelievable. He was such a HUGE talent and had such a beautiful family. It's too bad that he died, no matter what the reason.

Chucky

WOW, another Entertainer O.D...................SHOCKER!!!

bitch please

Everyone is addicted to something and sometimes those addictions lead to an early death. Some are addicted to pills, booze, "drugs" and some are addicted to food or sex or religion or the need to be right. Whatever gives them ~sweet satisfaction~. They can all be dangerous and lead to early death or a$$holism.

I hope that while Ganns was alive he lived a full and happy life and one he enjoyed. If that included pills I don't care. He seemed like a nice guy to me. He made me laugh so hard in Vegas, and had a sweet personality to boot.

RIP Danny.

punchapap

Does anybody ever die from addiction to masturbation? Play it safe folks. If your ever gonna get hooked on something........I'm just sayin'

topcat

Addiction can happen to anybody. With help and some hard work, it can be overcome...........

Tom E. Lee

Hey "Cila" get me a Naner Sanmich and some Dr. Nick chaser!

ezal

I can't believe how un sensetive some of you posters, this is sad and he dosen't need to be judged by you immature tools

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments