Chastity Bono

Becoming a Man

6/11/2009 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chastity BonoChastity Bono, civil rights advocate, journalist, author and musician, is in the early stages of changing his gender -- transitioning from female to male, TMZ has learned.

Bono, the child of legendary entertainers Sonny and Cher, began the process earlier this year, shortly after his 40th birthday.

"Yes, it's true -- Chaz, after many years of consideration, has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity," confirmed Bono's publicist, Howard Bragman.

"He is proud of his decision and grateful for the support and respect that has already been shown by his loved ones. It is Chaz's hope that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue, just as his 'coming out' did nearly 20 years ago.

We ask that the media respect Chaz's privacy during this long process as he will not be doing any interviews at this time."

Launch photos

regankrueger

Hopefully Chastity will now find happiness and in that happiness find health and fitness. Living life as a woman he overate and sometimes carried as much as 300+ pounds on his frame. I hope that this transformation into the body he wants will also bring him to a place of personal happiness where there will be no need to abuse his body with over indulgences.
Congratulations Chastity, may you now find the peace you have been searching for!

shelly

It is a friggen freak! Disgusting.

awwwwwwww

Hopefully she dies on the table after getting her boobs chopped off.............................................................................................................

Jard

Another Freak Show..Shows You money hungary, materialistic, label people--Money and Fame zuck You up 4 real.. All their wealth (Sonny & Cher) didnt make a happy or healthy child..Cher must be heart broken(Maybe) Well at least she does not have to have her trunk chopped off..Sad, very sad and disturbing, Dramatic and pitiful, INSANE but I love her anyway..Poor Chass, She was a Beautiful Baby..Thank goodness Mom (cher) can pay for all this crazy stuff..No grand babies cher..I wonder what the F happened to Chastity B???? ITS Not OK

Joy

She's disgusting, weird and will always be a woman! She's a freak.

Michael Madsen

43. Iam Smartman - That's a perfect name for you - glorious in it's irony! We Americans love exercise as much as anyone. Why, we could sit and think about it all day! Just the other night at the Stromboli palace I was talkin to my friends about it. Then we shared a laugh at all our international hater friends who'd offer up a testical (if the French had any left) to live here.

GFYS

Posted at 3:38PM on Jun 11th 2009 by Zoltan

ZOLTAN! I assume your surname is not "The Magnificent". You may not be a Frog lover but I sense in you a desire, not unlike Chastitty, to change... perhaps from a complete moron into an accomplished giblet taster. So listen... next time you're hangin' out in the back alley, tryin' to scrounge up some spare change from your johns, consider this... you can have it all... just open wide and say awwwwww........ I am fat and stupid and outta shape and have poop on my underwear.

Diane

I guess her new name will be Chastity Boner.

Sarah

The Circuit City store treated their employees like crap and paid low wages while the top executives gave themselves millions of dollars. I'm so glad they went bankrupt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipee, Circuit City had to liquidate. I knew a real selfish creep who worked at the corporate headquarters. Now they are bankrupt. Ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevin

"Iam Smartman

Do you feel superior now that you've spewed all that hate? Does it make you a better person because you're xenophobic?

It's people like you that makes this PLANET suck.

Tink44

Just be glad you woke up healthy and alive today. Think of all the people who didnt. I bet if you really think about it, it doesnt matter if you are a man or a woman or wish you were something you arent. You are alive and should just be grateful with what God gave you and live with it the best you can. There was a man that complained he didnt have any shoes, until he saw the man with no legs. Im just sayin....

sickofitall

Well, at least SHE will make a cute HE.
God help us all.

Dave In Tulsa

I love the pictures of her with her dad. She was really a cute kid and he adored her. She's also a talented singer.

Josh4me

This decision takes alot of courage and I personally commend Chaz for being able to do this. Gender identity is fluid and sometimes things don't always go as planned.It is a proven fact that these things usually happen during fetal development-pick up a book sometime,people! Imagine growing up and always feeling like something within yourself was not right,that your brain and body did not match up. Growing up,every single one of us struggle with finding our identity and for the GLBT community it can be much harder. Does it matter if someone is male or female? No! It should only matter to the person living in the body! What the hell does this transition have to do with terrorists or what the rest of the world thinks about America? People can be so damn ignorant sometimes that it's scary! f*ck what anyone else thinks,Chaz! Just be yourself! I wish you all the happiness in the world during your transition.

Michael Madsen

55. "Iam Smartman

It's people like you that makes this PLANET suck.

Posted at 3:53PM on Jun 11th 2009 by Kevin

Think about what you just said, Kevin. I'll give you a moment here.... dum dee dum... hmmm.... la, la, la.... (whistling softly now).....
okay? Did ya give it a little thought? Huh?
Great... now... The Great Rainforests of this planet are being bulldozed, in their entirety, so that cattle can graze for processing by the Multinational Fast Food Chains which you frequent.... okay?
The CO2 from that cattle's manure is causing the ozone layer to disappear.... okay?
The cost of Health Care in the U.S. is skyrocketing outta control and people are dying without proper medical attention because of the non-food they eat and obesity, heart disease and cancer it causes... okay?
Now.... I think it's people like YOU who make this planet suck.
You may enjoy your cheeseburger now.

Felix Matos

Can money really buy a "WeeWee" these days??? I am wondering if she becomes a man, she will be straight or gay???? I am confused now!!! I need a double shot...right now! Lord have mercy on mercy! You go girl!!...huh, sorry...I mean...You go boy!