Usher Getting Divorced? Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

6/13/2009 2:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned Usher just filed for divorce from his wife of 22 months, Tameka Foster Raymond.

Usher -- who filed the papers today in Fulton County, GA -- married Tameka back in August of '07. They have two kids together: 18-month-old Usher Raymond IV and 6-month-old Naviyd Ely Raymond.

A hearing is set for July 15 -- it was first reported by MediaTakeOut.

Liz

His mother told him not to marry her. I guess kids don't listen to you know matter how old they are! What a shame. He could have save alot of money listening to Mom!

Now what now?

Eman

Why don't you read the story? They did give Media Fakeout credit for breaking the story. I don't know why, but they did. You're an idiot.

Marae

That f@@king marriage is finally over. What a f@@king waste of time! And 2 kids for child support. Usher is a f@@king fool! We all knew the hood rat heffer was a gold digger. He couldn't see it????

HasBeens

The end of a marriage is sad esp. when children are involved. However, I don't think children should be the motivation to keep a failed marriage going when the two parties (or one of them anyway) are miserable. Usher and his soon to be ex both seem like decent people. I hope they can split amicably. Honestly, I was kind of surprised when they married because of the differences in experience/age, but I did wish them well. As for his mother being right. Perhaps. But I don't know many mothers who think that any woman is good enuf for her little boy. Usher needed to cut those apron strings and have the opportunity to make his own mistakes. I have to give him credit for doing that because it's not an easy thing to do. I really hope that he doesn't look at this as being a mistake on his part. He and Tameka have two beautiful children they created and there is no way he can call them mistakes. Instead, I hope that he looks on it as being a part of maturing. When it's all said and done, he did the right thing by marrying Tameka, he followed his heart...not his mother: a difficult decision on his part. But a decision that made a boy into a man. Maybe it wasn't the right decision. Who knows? But he did what other adults did: he made his choice, and now he has made another decision: to end this marriage. I have to respect him for that. We all should because some of you believe that this marriage was a mistake. What do we do when we make a mistake? We try to fix it. And that's what Usher's doing.

UGGGGHHH

I KNOW HIS MOTHER WILL BE VERY HAPPY. SHE NEVER LIKED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

SEE, MAMA KNOWS BEST...............

Wendy

well who knew, could see this coming, he was in lust lol

esther

you know it was not going to work. His loves beautiful women and she was not pretty. There was problems from the beginning. The wedding didn't take place the first time and his mom was not going to show. She knew Tameka was a snake for the money honey. They did not make a couple

Ashley

What she's got like 7 kids by 5 guys? And do you ever see any of them with her??? Can you say GOLD DIGGER?????

chris t

Uh huh....and you people complain that GLBT people are ruining the sanctity of marriage. ROLMFAO. Uh huh...Yeah Yeah Yeah..........Time for brain transplants!

L.S

did usher find out it's really a man......mommy told him not to do it

Solja~

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope they tried marriage counseling before making this final decision. I wish them the best and hope that people could find it within themselves to give them their privacy. TMZ staff are pariah's.

krazy

Too much of an age difference, and two kids too late. Then she goes to get plastic surgery and nearly died. Bad decision Usher. Ya mama told ya so.

voiceofreason

Tameka finally came "untucked". She look lika man.

Google-me-bitch!

mama knows best honey..u shudda listened to ur mama..besides..his wife looked old enough to be his mama..a mess

laurab1279

That cougar popped out those kids out just in time for that rediculous amount of child support she'll be getting. The song "golddigger" just popped in my head.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments