Kelis: Nas Left Me High and Dry

6/15/2009 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis and NasKelis claims estranged hubby Nas has left her high and dry ... not offering her a penny in the wake of her impending birth ... and she says she's broke -- "I have run out of money."

Kelis filed legal papers claiming Nas isn't paying her support, pre-natal expenses -- nothing, even though she claims he is filthy rich.

Kelis is asking the judge to order Nas to pay spousal support, child support, all pregnancy-related expenses, and one-half of all medical expenses after the child is born. She also wants $3,500 for the baby nurse after the child's birth, and $20,000 for strollers, cribs and other baby supplies.

Kelis says, "My survival is based on [Nas'] will at this time. If he does not want to pay for an expense, it does not get paid." The couple was married in 2003. The baby is due this month.

Kelis says she's entitled to maintain the lifestyle to which she became accustomed during their marriage -- they have five homes, fly first class, go to fancy restaurants, and on and on. Most interesting -- "There were many expensive pieces [of jewelry] such as a princess-cut diamond tennis bracelet that was recently appraised for $190,000. My engagement ring is an approximately nine-carat cushion-cut diamond solitaire. I have numerous watches...such as Cartier, Rolex, Frank Muller and Chopard."

Nas and KelisHer lawyer, disso-queen Laura Wasser, says in a separate declaration she's asked Nas to ante up some $$$ for Kelis and the unborn baby but he hasn't responded.

awwwwwwww

Friggin FREAKS OF NATURE...

First whores!

Who? Seriously. Who?

rain

A breakup is always sad when there is a child involved. I hope they can resolve all of this quickly to help elievate some stress she must be carrying around with that unborn child

FACT

Is this what gays have to look forward to when we can marry?

Ya-mom

come on ! 20,000$ for baby supplies ? you can't even buy 20 000$ worth of wal-mart supplies with that money ! Kelis, seriously the way this is going tells me you're juste one spoiled brat like all the other Rapper Brides. Stupid !

Sono

So her MILKSHAKE does not in fact bring any $$$ to the yard???

Me

"I've run out of money"...yet I have a $190,000 ring and hundreds of thousands of dollars in jewelry and watches alone. Just another money hungry ex.

Tux

Shut up Kelis and go get a job!!!

Cleveland-West_Side

In a few years Nas will worth as much as the minimum wage job he's working at, start getting used to that lifestyle.

Flower

So sell the big rock engagement ring and the watches, doofus...

Lorraine

LOL $20, 000 for cribs and strollers? Of course Nas should take care of his seed(if it is indeed his) BUT 20 grand for items the child will out grow within a year or 2??? Thats crazy

PEPSI Generation

I got it made Do`nt have to work and I`am a man!.

Me

How about your broke, untalented ass goes out and gets a J O B?

Steph

I find her comment about being entitled to maintain the lifestyle she has been accustomed to to be just
plain ridiculous, just as the amount she is asking for strollers, etc. I think she needs a reality check as to
what is going on in the rest of the world. I do feel Nas needs to pay her pre natal expenses and maybe
some child support but I am sure the amount she wants is far too high to be realistic

jtrain

I have his managers personal info if youd like to contact him yourself TMZ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments