PETA

Swats at Obama

for Killing That Fly!

6/17/2009 12:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PETA is finally going after President Barack Obama for delivering capital punishment to a housefly on the White House grounds yesterday -- a death that was caught on tape.

When asked for comment, here's the statement PETA released:

"He isn't the Buddha, he's a human being and human beings have a long way to go before they think before they act."

We're told the fly's carcass has been moved to a secret location ... we're guessing the bottom of a White House trash can.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

suriname

they must be kidding me. in my country suriname, we kill flie and mosquitos with shelltox or baygon. Haven't you heard. for your information they make us sick, they carrie illness. ... oh ofcourse you guys from PETA don'y know that. How silly of me not to know. .. You don't have work to do guys, get a job.

1922 days ago

michaeljacksonsdeath-dalobeidy

Here we go again! If there's someone in office people pick them to death! No wonder they age so much by the time they leave the Presidency!

1909 days ago

jj

OH COME ON!!!! PETA needs to stop being so damn silly..

metromediasquare.com

HEH! Peta has a sense of humour. ;-p

tiger'smomaphonytoo

who cares? not news, TMZ!

Meli

First!

Tee-LeeMarie

I'm a PETA supporter and I always stand up for what they do because in most cases, they do it out of caring for animals.

But this makes me feel embarrassed.

Kate

I swear these people are nuts.

ANITA

PETA NEEDS TO CHILL. WHAT KOOKS!!!!!! IT'S A FLY!!!!! HOW DOES PETA FEEL ABOUT WEST NILE VIRUS, SHOULD WE NOT KILL MISQUITOES? HOW ABOUT LYME DISEASE, DON'T KILL TICKS?? THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE!

metromediasquare.com

PETA has a sense of humour. It's a JOKE reply. You neocons need to get a sense of humour. Funnybone, calling!!!

Chey

I agree with you JJ....How many of us have killed a fly? Peta just needs to grow up.

Jennifer Scott

Are you freaking kidding me?! For goodness sakes, it is a FLY!!! They annoy the hell out of everyone, they're germy, they're gross, they're icky. Eww! It's a fly, what is the issue here? I'd have killed it as well. Peta is ridiculous!

sparkys nemesis

Actually, at first when Obama was swatting the fly, it was kinda funny. But when he killed it and swept it away with his foot and then pointed to it? Not so humorous. I don't like flies but...

Bethany Sweet

PETA can't be serious. Seriously?

Bex

WTF? Flies deserve to live just as much as any other animal! Obama is a jerk...I hope he is prosecuted for animal abuse! Another reason to admire and respect a fine man like President Bush.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments