Perez Assaulted -- Claims Will.I.Am Is the Perp

6/22/2009 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Will.i.am, Perez HiltonCelebrity blogger Perez Hilton is accusing Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.I.Am of assault -- but we've learned cops have targeted someone else.

After last night's MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto, Perez posted to his Twitter: "I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke."

But cops in Toronto tell us it was the general manager of the Black Eyed Peas -- Polo Molina -- who is under investigation and he turned himself in to police early this morning.

Here's the string of tweets Perez left on his Twitter page during the alleged beatdown early this morning:

-- I'm in shock. I need the police ASAP. Please come to the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel now. Please.about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- Still waiting for the police. The bleeding has stopped. I need to document this. Please, can the police come to the SoHo Met Hotel. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- I spoke to my lawyer. I really need to talk to the authorities. Please come to the SoHo Met Hotel. Have called the police. Need them here. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- The Toronto police are here now. Thank you. Please stop calling them. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- Thank u all from the bottom of my heart for ur concern. The police are investigating the assault now. I did the right thing by reporting it. -- about 3 hours ago from web

revluc

'I am bleeding and need the police'? hum, guess we know where your motives are..if you are bleeding you need a hospital, your first thought should not be to 'file a report'.

Melissa

Good job to whoever it was who did it! They deserve a medal.

Yahoo Crim

Is Perez sure it wasn't Carrie Prejean?

Amazed

Instead of tweeting he should have used his phone to call the police himself. He's just a stupid douche who is looking for publicity. What a moron.

he twittered

Why was he twittering that he needed help. Shouldn't he be calling 911.

Ms Lisa

Mario Pererz, this is just one of many more to come. You have made a BAD name for yourself. Sissy Mary!

jxtr

I do not believe Perez Hilton's account of this incident. Whatever happened seems to be extremely exaggerated. I find it amusing that he uses Twitter to tell others to call the police and then contact his lawyer. I do not understand why he did not seek help from others around him or ask one of them to contact the authorities. I believe Will.I.am's version of the incident. He does not seem like a mean or volatile person.

Sam

What a freaking drama queen. It would certainly have taken less effort to call the police than it did to tweet for help half a dozen times.

sparkys nemesis

Strange that there's nothing on his website about this.

Patti

Celebrity booger Perez Hilton got the beating he so desperately needed. I wish there was video, because I bet he instigated it!

who gives a shit

Oh Boo Who....................

Aaron

Perez Hilton is ruining the gay community single handed. Does that stupid gay man know to get cops there you call 911, not tweet it to cause a scene. Get the sex change Perez, your a disgrace to the male race.

aileen

Just another ploy by Perez Hilton to garner some more limelight for the wrong reasons. His swansong before hopefully fading into the obscurity he righly deserves.

Ned

Good. I hate that arrogant, fat retard.

Beat him again.

me so horny

Hey perez, are you sure it wasn't carrie prejean. LOL JUST KIDDING, BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS?